PRICING COMPARISON OF BUTLER/CLEANCO/HYDRAMASTER CDS

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
and more room in the van.. yeah once i get everything into place ill probably get a sapphire pro 1200ss

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Some one is always pulling out the ruler.

What size is yor pecker? Does it matter? As long as it works and works well that's what's important. Really? Its that small huh.

I suppose I stand by my statement! :shifty:

:biggrin:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Larry,
No doubt the vans work harder on a PTO and will not last as long. No way around it.
It does balance in a way as there's hardly any work on the machine itself.

For me the convenience, simplicity, dependability, time saved on low maintenance (and the need to work out of a locked van in the city) by far outweighs the wear on the van. Definitely worth the extra $. It's a trade off I'd willingly make every single time.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Claiming a 46 blower is just criminal .
Need at least a 47

Name
Marcus
Those PTo,s or 2 times the price? ??40 k???too much IMO
Truckmounts need:
1. More vacuum...at least 4.5-4.7 blower
2. Consistent heat at 12-14 flow or 2 GPm continual no triggering
3. Cost effective
4. Easy to maintain and economical to work on

If you can,t get all these I Wundt pay double!!
Never heard of a van engine getting over 250 k....both my van emgines went coput around 180-200 k
I now use full synthetic Amsoil should make it last another 50 k or so.....
However the hours on a pto may not be equivalent at 35 mph as the engine runs hotter at 70 mph? ??

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
do they have a higher rate of failure in DD's compared to slide ins??

I've been running slide-in for 25 years.
never blew a tranny, never replaced a water pump , never had a wiring/computer failure.
and only one of the half dozen vans I've owned were new

..L.T.A.
Aside from not having blown a transmission (I don't know why anyone would have tranny problems with a D/D) I've had all those repairs and more made on my van. But I put heavy hours on my units; 22000 hours on my last Pro1200 and 11,000 hours on my current one, and with 150000 mile also on this engine I think it gives excellent reliability. Repairs to my van are made quickly by my local Goodyear repair place, usually in a 1/2 day. I can see putting 20000 hours easy on this machine, and getting another five years out of it, without even worrying about a machine breakdown. And I can close and lock the doors while working, which is great in bitter cold temperatures. I can't even imagine working with a side in. Ugh, disgusting, smelly, hot and high maintenance.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
you guys bad mouthing ptos just need to go out and work a day with one.
Then ya will see why people buy them.
marty has been talking about buying one now for what 18 months?
5 or 6 yr its time for a new one regardless what ya have if your doing any kind of voulme at all.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Question??
Does a pto run the transmission while the truckmount it running??
If so a transmission replacement is something to think about???
Turn your van on and let it idle. That is what it is doing when running a D/D. That will answer your question.

Name
Marcus
Not bad mouthing the pto....just double the price af a slide in is all I am saying...better be worth the money? ?
You could buy 2 vans and 2 slide ins for that amount and it would have the same heat and vacuum....
And run a crew......

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Not bad mouthing the pto....just double the price af a slide in is all I am saying...better be worth the money? ?
You could buy 2 vans and 2 slide ins for that amount and it would have the same heat and vacuum....
And run a crew......
The Everest I priced a few weeks ago was around 30k without a van. I can get a new Spartan van for around 30k also. Linex, racks and I'm way past a PTO.

Donwand

Supportive Member
Name
Brian
If you decide on a Butler go with a cube van. I have the extended van and it is really too small with all the other stuff, rotovac, 175, dryers, extra hose, tools, seal a door, spinner, etc.

Name
Marcus
I am doing the math and I believe it is about 40-45 k for the pto.

If you can't find a good dependable slide in for 20 k you are not shopping economically.
That is twice..
Also I am not convinced it gives more heat and more vacuum...just saying......

Name
Marcus
Ground control to Captain America.:

I don't know where and what brand of slide in you're buying. The ones who buy a good PTO usually do not buy a Garage made slide in, we buy an equivalent. Meaning a heavy duty engine and so forth. As our main concern is dependability.

The price of the Apex I had was pretty much the same as the price of any PTO Ive owned.

http://prolinesupply.com/cart/index...17003a25385ebbf1219ff8411d4e2187&keyword=apex

http://carpetms.com/page/product/SS1200pro.html
Ok I. See the pto for around 22-24 k
Does it produce more heat and more vacuum?? If it does then I would agree.....
Accept for the wear and tear on the van...and the maintenance? ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom