Pro Carpet in an Action News Report!

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
[quote="Willy P[/quote]

Not yet- Did you get your tat?

You see Cole, I've been a "sub contractor" in the position you put people every day. Work your ass off for a few pennies, most of which went on expenses. You don't have time to develop a business while some asshole sticks his tongue in your ear telling you the top guy made a fortune last year. I watched my friend Wesley work himself literally to death for filth like you. They were sad when he died, but mostly because they lost a cash cow. Wesley pulled his own plug out of the despair he felt from being trapped in the "sub" rut, but as long as the head dirt got their money, nothing else mattered. 2 kids and a wife left behind as collateral damage. I see exactly the same shit in your "business plan" - if there was any way to burst that, I would.

"That was really classless - no matter what you think of Greg's business model that was as classless a post I have seen here in a while."
HONESTY offends you Ken? Really? Too bad, because I don't have the ability to say it nicely when I'm speaking about our industry vermin, but I said what I said and I have no regrets. Maybe put me on the ignore list if you find what I type truly offensive. I'm a plain spoken man that doesn't sit on fences or play politically correct games .[/quote]

So you knew he was going to kill himself (obviously if you KNOW the reason why) and did nothing to prevent it? WOW! with friends like you - who needs enemies? nice to see you transfer your anger about your friend towards me. I've put up with a lot of crap on this site (most of which is good natured ribbing) but your post was as classless and tasteless as they come. You clearly knew that when you knowingly broke the guidelines for posting here (even going so far as to state that you don't care if you get banned).
I am curious to see if Lee, Mikey and the others enforce the rules and ban you or set a precident in which they say it is OK to personally and maliciously attack people here (as long as Mikey and the other powers that be don't agree with their business model).

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
"HONESTY offends you Ken? Really? Too bad, because I don't have the ability to say it nicely when I'm speaking about our industry vermin, but I said what I said and I have no regrets. Maybe put me on the ignore list if you find what I type truly offensive. I'm a plain spoken man that doesn't sit on fences or play politically correct games ."

Honesty never offends me Willy, only insults and assumptions based on no direct knowledge. It seems like the tragic thing that happened to your friend (most especially his family) has casued you to make conclusions and from those conclusions choose to make, imo, classless posts.

Your friends situation while tragic likely had many long standing issues to it, with perhaps his not being successful in business being one of them. I was actually going into the mental health field when I took a break from college and I have continued to be a student of it and have family members and friends in the mental health field. We all have so many layers to us, we are like onions and depression (usually a precursor to a suicide) is frequently undiagnosed until too late.

Ken
As for ignoring the posts, I will not, but thank you for the thought.

Bob Foster

All Willy said was what a piece of shit he thought you are and why. I bet you wish you could ban a few of your customers that posted reviews on Kudzu too.

Mikey P

Administrator
A lot of people ask me why I let you post on here Greg.

This is what I tell them..

While I dont condone his business practices of sending out under trained and under equipped sub contractors of questionable morals ( your reviews back that statement) I do think he plays a important role here on this forum. Others can learn about his regretfully, popular business model and hopefully chose to do the exact opposite.

Cole, if you ever decide to start supplying your crews with real truckmounts and the knowledge to HWE Berbers I'll retract that statement.

As it is, your 1980s type coupon scam is pitiful and only really benefits YOU.
Your techs dont learn a real trade, your customers are given half assed at best results and the industry continues to get a black eye from your bait and switch games.

but I will erase Willy's over the top attack.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I am one of the few people who are not offended or care about greg's business plan, you can learn alot from him imo.

At same time it comes off as sour grapes to come to a forum full of small contractors and stir the pot. He knew what the response would be and should just suck it up.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Shane Deubell said:
I am one of the few people who are not offended or care about greg's business plan, you can learn alot from him imo.

At same time it comes off as sour grapes to come to a forum full of small contractors and stir the pot. He knew what the response would be and should just suck it up.

X2. When I critize Cole, I'm doing so in a generic way. There are thousands of guys like him in this business dodging and skirting the IRS rules involving "subcontractors" and taking advantage of desperate "small businessmen" and naive customers and generally stinking up the industry. I'm sure Greg is a fun guy to know, and I'm glad he feels comfortable enough to post here among a mostly hostile crowd.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Mikey P said:
A lot of people ask me why I let you post on here Greg.

This is what I tell them..

While I dont condone his business practices of sending out under trained and under equipped sub contractors of questionable morals ( your reviews back that statement) I do think he plays a important role here on this forum. Others can learn about his regretfully, popular business model and hopefully chose to do the exact opposite.

Cole, if you ever decide to start supplying your crews with real truckmounts and the knowledge to HWE Berbers I'll retract that statement.

As it is, your 1980s type coupon scam is pitiful and only really benefits YOU.
Your techs dont learn a real trade, your customers are given half assed at best results and the industry continues to get a black eye from your bait and switch games.

but I will erase Willy's over the top attack.

Appreciate your erasing it. shiteatinggrin Although banning repeated offenders of such behavior would make more sense.
Allow me to post? LOL You sent me messages in the past urging me to continue posting!
And since we both know that my supplying cotnractors with vans and tmounts will never happen (although we just ordered 2 new vans w/ truckmounts to be run by employee cleaners earning an hourly wage): I don't expect a retraction anytime soon.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Willy is a kooky guy here on MB. I think he likes to try to piss people off as much as he can and still be in the "in crowd".

He's like Harper but not as funny.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian R said:
Willy is a kooky guy here on MB. I think he likes to try to piss people off as much as he can and still be in the "in crowd".

"Funny..Ha ha ?" ..........OR............."FuNNy QuEeR ?"

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian R said:
If you have to ask. :shock:

:mrgreen:

"I just REPORT......YOU decide ?"

311482_1867502506184_1799700121_1280965_1134199173_n.jpg

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I want to publicly apologize to Mikey. I did go over the top with the way I conveyed what I felt. It was my opinion only.

Brian R said:

I am the in crowd BITCH.

(disclaimer) The above response was meant in humour.
May Cause:
back pain
diarrhea
dizziness
flushing
headache
joint pain
skin rash
stomach discomfort following meals
stuffy nose

K P

"I want to publicly apologize to Mikey. I did go over the top with the way I conveyed what I felt. It was my opinion only."

Kiss ass Kanadian...right out of my Ladwig carpet cleaner manual.

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
this thread has turned into a 15 round heavy weight fight, and I'm guessing it'll reach 15 pages

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Willy P said:
I want to publicly apologize to Mikey. I did go over the top with the way I conveyed what I felt. It was my opinion only.

[quote="Brian R":j34zzl7n]Willy is a kooky guy here on MB. I think he likes to try to piss people off as much as he can and still be in the "in crowd".

I am the in crowd BITCH.

(disclaimer) The above response was meant in humour.
May Cause:
back pain
diarrhea
dizziness
flushing
headache
joint pain
skin rash
stomach discomfort following meals
stuffy nose[/quote:j34zzl7n]

Sad attempt...But I'll Concede that you are the in crowd Bitch. :mrgreen:

S

sam miller

Whats funny about all this is If a coupon hack 80s company never existied Mike would still be riding bikes all over the Valley!

I have lots of successful friends who left Millers and made a life for themselves and I know a few who are dead and in jail.

Did we kill them or imprison them or make them successful??

That takes away personal responsibility IMHO.

Also skirting the IRS there are rules and the goverment has people who audit and verify these are kep.t I doubt seriously Coles doing anything Illegal or the IRS would have gotten him by now.

By the way How many OO report 100 percent or hide a little cash????

As though Yous guys are the only honest people in the world! maybe Mikey on the Cross has gone to some people heads!

Personally I hope You all makes stacks of cash, spend some of it, and help your local economy. create a few jobs! go out to dinner, and just be happy!

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Sadly Sam, I report every penny. It's not a ringing endorsement of government spending by any means, or any desire to give them more, but if I ever want to step away there's no confusion of the "nudge nudge, wink wink" under the table thing. I've had an offer to sell my little empire, but it wasn't close to what I need. Yet.

davendana

Name
d Jackass
The IRS has hired 16,000 more agents and are going to jam it to anyone skirting the sub contractor rules

Following are the 20-points that have been established:

1. Must the individual take instructions from your management staff regarding when, where, and how work is to be done?
2. Does the individual receive training from your company?
3. Is the success or continuation of your business somewhat dependent on the type of service provided by the individual?
4. Must the individual personally perform the contracted services?
5. Have you hired, supervised, or paid individuals to assist the worker in completing the project stated in the contract?
6. Is there a continuing relationship between your company and the individual?
7. Must the individual work set hours?
8. Is the individual required to work full time at your company?
9. Is the work performed on company premises?
10. Is the individual required to follow a set sequence or routine in the performance of his work?
11. Must the individual give you reports regarding his/her work?
12. Is the individual paid by the hour, week, or month?
13. Do you reimburse the individual for business/travel expenses?
14. Do you supply the individual with needed tools or materials?
15. Have you made a significant investment in facilities used by the individual to perform services?
16. Is the individual free from suffering a loss or realizing a profit based on his work?
17. Does the individual only perform services for your company?
18. Does the individual limit the availability of his services to the general public?
19. Do you have the right to discharge the individual?
20. May the individual terminate his services at any time?

In general "no" answers to questions 1-16 and "yes" answers to questions 17-20 indicate an independent contractor. However, a simple majority of "no" answers to questions 1 to 16 and "yes" answers to questions 17 to 20 does not guarantee independent contractor treatment. Some questions are either irrelevant or of less importance because the answers may apply equally to employees and independent contractors.

S

sam miller

As for doing it the employee route my uncle dose everything by the book in Sacramento training emplotyees how to lift and what not to move sending 2 guys when necessary, Making the employees wear back support!

He got Popped for 80k. It was hard because he runs a very low profit business based on numbers and like many others lost his home and is living within his means!

My brother in Mike worked for my father inlaw was inline to get the business Hay and feed store he hads some problems and was caught taking some cash out the til. Was let go and later sued for disability and the EDD gave him 55k.

My point is if You cant trust family who can You trust? And an employee relationship doesnt nescessarily mean your a better Owner as opposed to using Subs. There are problems both ways.

No one makes anyone work for them that would be involuntary servitude!

The Idea that the poor sub has no where to go is stupid! They could Mow lawns or clean pools or make up fliers and cards and self promote while working for Cole to gain a little niche for Themselves.

I would never clean with a porty again knock on wood. I turn down middle units in huge complexes if I cant reach with a TM

Not because of the lack of quality as much as I hate using one. I gave it back to my Dad, If the van goes down I'll take a day off first!

I wouldnt do well in a high rise area I'll stick to wide open spaces and lots of track housing alll day long!

S

sam miller

As for a three day training period I agree thats no where near enough there are so many potential problems in a custy home that even my son and helper Phil who looks alot like Daniel C its awd. I would'nt leave them to do a job on thier own after 6 months maybe a room or 2 but thats it.

2A27E532.jpg

S

sam miller

Brian R said:
OP is a great alternative to a Porty. I can get better results easier.

the appearence isnt an issue its the feel of the carpet and the PIA. buckets and overwetting potential. I guess if You vac like Werner and then scrubbed with a 175 rinsed with a porty and USED a studebaker to dry. I would be OK and I have no problem with your OP method how often do you do laundry?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
sam miller said:
[quote="Brian R":k1i1qcld]OP is a great alternative to a Porty. I can get better results easier.

the appearence isnt an issue its the feel of the carpet and the PIA. buckets and overwetting potential. I guess if You vac like Werner and then scrubbed with a 175 rinsed with a porty and USED a studebaker to dry. I would be OK and I have no problem with your OP method how often do you do laundry?[/quote:k1i1qcld]

With the new Microfiber pads I can rinse and wring and they're good as new...If there was pet urine I may do some extra to decontaminate them.

Honestly, I just prevac, prespray with an encap juice, Orbot with a MicroFiber scrubby strip pad and then groom.

Always looks great, smells great and stays clean for as long or longer than when I was HWE with my TM......Less chance for wickbacks too because the cleaner encaps. Peroxide in the cleaner too for yellowing etc.

Here's the juice I use...Amazing.

Blast

Willy P

Name
Willy P
sam miller said:
I would never clean with a porty again knock on wood. I turn down middle units in huge complexes if I cant reach with a TM

I wouldnt do well in a high rise area I'll stick to wide open spaces and lots of track housing alll day long!

You'd starve here.....

VancouverSkyline.jpg

DSC_2639.jpg

S

sam miller

Mikey P said:
Whats funny about all this is If a coupon hack 80s company never existied Mike would still be riding bikes all over the Valley!

yeah, thanks.

Sorry Ya could have been a doctor and found the cure for cancer!

Hell I would have been a meatcutter with a killer pension by now. Instead Ill be cleaning tell I'm 85

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom