Pro Carpet in an Action News Report!

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
My guess is that neither the customers nor the techs can afford the maid that Cole enjoys. Did you choose the absolute cheapest maid you could find so it didn't hurt your bottom line? If not, why? I mean if you can get a maid to work for $5 an hour, why pay her $10? Cole got a good job on his house because:

1. He is the boss.
2. He paid a decent amount of money for a decent job (was it a porty, bonnet or TM clean?)
3. He likely didn't schedule that tech 8-12 jobs that day.
4. He was able to choose the best tech to do it.

PS - If you were a real carpet cleaner like you claim, I wouldn't have had to explain PTE polyester carpet to you that has been around probably 15-20 years....and you would know how to clean berbers and be able to teach your "contractors".

Take care,
Lisa

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
truckmount girl said:
My guess is that neither the customers nor the techs can afford the maid that Cole enjoys. Did you choose the absolute cheapest maid you could find so it didn't hurt your bottom line? If not, why? I mean if you can get a maid to work for $5 an hour, why pay her $10? Cole got a good job on his house because:

1. He is the boss.
2. He paid a decent amount of money for a decent job (was it a porty, bonnet or TM clean?)

PS - If you were a real carpet cleaner like you claim, I wouldn't have had to explain PTE polyester carpet to you that has been around probably 15-20 years....and you would know how to clean berbers and be able to teach your "contractors".

Take care,
Lisa

lol

joe harper

Name
joe harper
gregcole said:
truckmount girl said:

1. He is the boss.

Take care,
Lisa

lol

Lisa,
Didn't you meet mr. Cole in Atlanta ...? You may be the only member that has a Honest opinion
of Greg 7 his operation....WHAT SAY YOU.... :?:

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
HARPER said:
gregcole said:
truckmount girl said:

1. He is the boss.

Take care,
Lisa

lol

Lisa,
Didn't you meet mr. Cole in Atlanta ...? You may be the only member that has a Honest opinion

She did indeed (back when we were crammed in a little 3800 sf office..
While she and I disagreed about many things, I actually enjoyed her visit. She is welcome to tour our new facility anytime

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Willy P said:
gregcole said:
danielc said:
Nope!!!!!!

You have to adopt a principal that you treat people fair and honest and make your money from a large customer base of repeats. Meaning if you are trying to grow you don't make squat until you scale back and keep some profit.

Not bait them with a coupon and charge double the amount to spray some juice from a pump sprayer and rake it in.

I disagree with you as well and think you should pay your contractors 45 percent.

The fact that you don't just shows you are greedy and only want to rip people off.

Sorry that's just how I feel.

LOL! I Used to pay that much! Then I learned that I got the same quality for MUCH less $. Why pay more when you don't have to?
Greedy? of course i am in business to make a profit. AGAIN it's all perspective.
Next time you go to the store I want you to over pay the clerk by 50% Why would you?

Actually, was an ex-tech (left a couple years prior). And I've never publicized this but since you called me out- I spent about 20 hours fundraising- then doubled the amount that I collected. <Not that it is any of your business.> I took his death pretty hard as i had wored side by side with the guy in Gulfport during Katrina. (especially since my ex-brother in law killed himself just a couple of months prior). I guess we all grieve in our own ways.... To this day I appreciate Howard Patridge donating his time to help with that.
So I try to do something nice Yevghenny's family and you berate me for it! WOW! you are a class act < yes that is sarcasim>...

Willy P

Name
Willy P
No - You're a rat bastard- if you were a friend and not a rat bastard you would have reached into your own pocket and taken care of things from your vast wealth. Do you really think anyone would trust you with a nickel? Go on back and float with the turds were you belong.

Bob Foster

I can only imagine an Excellent Professional like Willy who had deliberately built his business around using portables for servicing high rise building clients that he more than anyone else here really understands how the bottom feeders in this industry hurt his reputation.

And Willy could easily afford a few trucks but doesn't want them because they're no good on a twenty seventh floor 4000 square foot penthouse.

vasky.jpg

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Willy P said:
gregcole said:
danielc said:
Nope!!!!!!

You have to adopt a principal that you treat people fair and honest and make your money from a large customer base of repeats. Meaning if you are trying to grow you don't make squat until you scale back and keep some profit.

Not bait them with a coupon and charge double the amount to spray some juice from a pump sprayer and rake it in.

I disagree with you as well and think you should pay your contractors 45 percent.

The fact that you don't just shows you are greedy and only want to rip people off.

That was really classless - no matter what you think of Greg's business model that was as classless a post I have seen here in a while.
LOL! I Used to pay that much! Then I learned that I got the same quality for MUCH less $. Why pay more when you don't have to?
Greedy? of course i am in business to make a profit. AGAIN it's all perspective.
Next time you go to the store I want you to over pay the clerk by 50% Why would you?

That was really classless - no matter what you think of Greg's business model that was as classless a post I have seen here in a while.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
HARPER said:
gregcole said:
truckmount girl said:

1. He is the boss.

Take care,
Lisa

lol

Lisa,

I give Greg credit for having me there. He was very willing to answer my questions. He is genuinely proud of what he does, whether you or I feel he should be or not. He is happy in his skin. That is worth something right there. If you are happy and proud of what you do.

Let's just say we agreed to disagree about almost everything to do with marketing, techs, upsells, processes, etc.

We have different values and different views of what's important in life, he sees what he does as a means to an end and I see it as an end to a means.

He did laugh at me when I told him that I didn't sell protector because I didn't think it works, especially at the application rate most apply it. Sure I could have made wads more money selling it, but I can't if I don't believe in it.

I guess we are so far apart in business philosophy that we have a hard time understanding one another. I think we both left shaking our heads in disbelief. I have no doubt that someone like Greg will always ave a bigger bank account than someone like me, but that's fine with me because that's not what's important to me.

Take care,
Lisa

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Hey Ken, quit hiding your posts within quotes. lol I had to look 3 times before I saw it.

But I agree....No class Willy. Most rich people raise money for charity AND give to charity themselves.

I'm not sure of the problem you have with it.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
YAY...Kenneth....Sneeky lil basTurd.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"NOTE TO SELF" ::::::"Don't piss WILLY-OFF"..... thathurts thathurts thathurts thathurts

he is kinDa...eAstWooDiSh.... :shock:

381969_1904227544287_1799700121_1306669_804032993_n.jpg

ps...BTW...Lisa is such a Diplomat..xoxoxo....I think she said the SAME thing as WILLY.... !gotcha!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Happened cause I was typing from my phone and didn't realize I was inside the quote. I copied and pasted it back outside of it.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Mikey P said:
as soon as Cole gets his vacuum tattoo and or makes another donation, I'm making him a Moderator.

Will CoRkY....get the BOOT...? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will make a donation...if WillY can get a BUTTON.... :shock: :p :lol: :mrgreen:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
gregcole said:
Willy P said:
[danielc"]Nope!!!!!!

Actually, was an ex-tech (left a couple years prior). And I've never publicized this but since you called me out- I spent about 20 hours fundraising- then doubled the amount that I collected. <Not that it is any of your business.> I took his death pretty hard as i had wored side by side with the guy in Gulfport during Katrina. (especially since my ex-brother in law killed himself just a couple of months prior). I guess we all grieve in our own ways.... To this day I appreciate Howard Patridge donating his time to help with that.
So I try to do something nice Yevghenny's family and you berate me for it! WOW! you are a class act < yes that is sarcasim>...[/quote]

But seriously, if you are a self respecting owner operator reduced to slaving yourself for Cole, suicide becomes an option. I feel sorry for those poor bastards. Cole should just keep a donation jar on the counter at work.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
hmm are these ppl just better off on welfare?

i doubt it. lettem work and learn like most all of us did when we first started out. whilst so many other ppl live off of welfare (some need it some milk it) and with the unemployment rate, they are lucky to have a job i reckon.

i labored for a mason for 3 years then layed brick for 2 before i learned i didnt want to work like a dog any longer than i had to. i made changes in my life, as we all did when we became self employed. now my goal is to work smarter, not harder.

dont feel bad for them, there are always other options for them.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
gregcole said:
Connor said:
Willy P said:
If I get banned, I don't give a shit

If you get banned, IDGAS either. :mrgreen:

So, Mikey? Are you banning him?

Not yet- Did you get your tat?

You see Cole, I've been a "sub contractor" in the position you put people every day. Work your ass off for a few pennies, most of which went on expenses. You don't have time to develop a business while some asshole sticks his tongue in your ear telling you the top guy made a fortune last year. I watched my friend Wesley work himself literally to death for filth like you. They were sad when he died, but mostly because they lost a cash cow. Wesley pulled his own plug out of the despair he felt from being trapped in the "sub" rut, but as long as the head dirt got their money, nothing else mattered. 2 kids and a wife left behind as collateral damage. I see exactly the same shit in your "business plan" - if there was any way to burst that, I would.

"That was really classless - no matter what you think of Greg's business model that was as classless a post I have seen here in a while."
HONESTY offends you Ken? Really? Too bad, because I don't have the ability to say it nicely when I'm speaking about our industry vermin, but I said what I said and I have no regrets. Maybe put me on the ignore list if you find what I type truly offensive. I'm a plain spoken man that doesn't sit on fences or play politically correct games .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom