Pro Carpet in an Action News Report!

Marykaylover

Brian will be on the next show.. Buy a machine and make sure u do a sweep of the homes before working, so you know if yor being recorder

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Marykaylover said:
Brian will be on the next show.. Buy a machine and make sure u do a sweep of the homes before working, so you know if yor being recorder

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Mom?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Re: Re: Pro Carpet in an Action News Report!

Brian R said:
I see your point Bob......But if I see that big ol truck with the big ol machine....I'm thinking mo money mo money mo money.

If I see the dirtbag show up I'm thinking Hide jewelry hide jewelry hide jewelry.

A nice clean, modest sized vehicle with a friendly fellow at the helm will always be best.
Just my opinion.
Ditto- that's what our teams present to our customers.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
DAmn....Ken finally agreed with me on something....I guess I'll have to be right more often. :mrgreen:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
who said you were right? :mrgreen:

People are so damn confused out there by the marketing they don't know what they are getting.
Ref people ACTUALLY thinking they can get decent carpet cleaning for less than $10/room!!
Everyone from HOST to CHEMDRY to Stanley are ALL saying "we get your carpet clean" but we can't even come up with a standard for clean amongst ourselves. No one is expecting "perfectly" clean, but then a professional should be offering a hec of a lot more than just "looks" clean and the spots don't come back.
All the customer has to judge with is their eyes, but we, as professionals, know that there is a lot more to it than just appearance.

So you can have those "nice clean modest trucks" show up, and all they provide is a half decent job and the custy doesn't know any different. So along comes Jim, who can clean circles around the competition, he's got the know how and the equipment, and you're saying it scares them away when what it should be doing is reassuring the customer that they hired someone that actually KNOWS what they are doing and they can trust that they are going to get the best job possible, not just a "good enough" job.

S

sam miller

I agree with Harper its all about the bait and the $6.95 coupon customer isnt what You guys are looking for, We provide a full service cleaning with great equipment and the best chemicals possible. Hagglers need not apply!

The low ball coupon companys have a cycle and customers eventually realize they get what they pay for. The PS and advo direct mailing mega companies are all but dead in the L.A. market. a few still try and hack away like this, but I never see Coupons in the mail anymore! when there was a time You could see it weekly there are the guys in the PS the 2 line reader ad for cheap still but they get what they pay for.

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
I have no doubt that you are making alot of money Greg but I have two questions.
Do you feel good about the way you make your money?
Do you feel like you are offering a good product to the public?

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
sam miller said:
The low ball coupon companys have a cycle and customers eventually realize they get what they pay for.

Sam - the first company featured in that story has been in business in this area for almost 30 years. He has only changed his name once (I believe). They will never run out of people in this area. I am glad they are around, it keeps those people from calling me.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ron Werner said:
who said you were right? :mrgreen:

People are so damn confused out there by the marketing they don't know what they are getting.
Ref people ACTUALLY thinking they can get decent carpet cleaning for less than $10/room!!
Everyone from HOST to CHEMDRY to Stanley are ALL saying "we get your carpet clean" but we can't even come up with a standard for clean amongst ourselves. No one is expecting "perfectly" clean, but then a professional should be offering a hec of a lot more than just "looks" clean and the spots don't come back.
All the customer has to judge with is their eyes, but we, as professionals, know that there is a lot more to it than just appearance.

So you can have those "nice clean modest trucks" show up, and all they provide is a half decent job and the custy doesn't know any different. So along comes Jim, who can clean circles around the competition, he's got the know how and the equipment, and you're saying it scares them away when what it should be doing is reassuring the customer that they hired someone that actually KNOWS what they are doing and they can trust that they are going to get the best job possible, not just a "good enough" job.

Ken did.....And I only take advice from someone I would trade places with. !gotcha!

Walt

Stupid people think you can get your carpet's cleaned for 7.95 a room. Because they are stupid, they are easily manipulated and will fall for ridiculous sales pitches and will part with their money. And there lies the rub, stupid people then have no money left to hire you a second time, because they've left it with every other scam artist manipulator in your area. They are the same ones who borrowed too much during the housing bubble. They are the same ones that put too much money on their credit cards. They eventually lose their homes. (This isn't rocket science - "a fool and his money...")

Smart people know that you can't get your carpet's cleaned for 7.95 a room. Smart people also know the value of quality and usually are prepared to pay for it. Many of them will still have money during a recession because they lived with in their means and haven't fallen for the tactics of a scam artist. They see him coming an mile a way. Sure some of them temporarily lose their minds and try the 7.95 a room guy, but they come to their senses soon enough.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I wouldn't make much money...But with my overhead I can actually make a short living at $10.00 per room.....I have no desire to do so...But low overhead is important to your bottom line...Yes I know "duh" but it had to be said.

At $30 per room I make really good money....Especially after the add ons like protectant and pet treatments, upholstery etc.

I do offer a low price deal to to get started....and I never bait n switch....I just depend on my ability to offer my services in such a manner that is inviting and non threatening....I also depend on the "fact" that most people will get/need more done while I'm there.

They get the discounted price to start.....and the regular price for anything else....Almost a reverse of what most do...."regular price first then discount for more"

The end result is the same...But with my structure....You get more end results. !gotcha!

This has been a moment with Brian. 8)

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
But if I see that big ol truck with the big ol machine....I'm thinking mo money mo money mo money.

what you are missing here is that 99% I pull up to there house it is because I already landed the job and I am there to clean...

It is all about image....I get walk ups...but I get a lot more drive byes....my truck sticks out...so it gets the attention that I want it to...so people call...and that is the hard part...landing the job after they call is easy....never have I heard..I thought you would be more expensive...but I have been told a lot of times that I am cheaper then SS and a few others...I am not the most expensive in town...but I am not the cheapest either...

But..I have heard many times...If you own something like that..you must know what you are doing...
people look at it all different ways...as for the ones who don't call because they think I am expensive...more then likely...I probably don't want to clean for them anyway....

my entire company is generated by nothing but the exposer that the truck gets and referrals...nothing more...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
That's a good way to look at it Jim.

I'm sure different people will think different things.

I was just saying that I would be on my guard a bit more if I saw the king kong truck pull up.

It looks like more industrial than residential to me.....But I'm funny like that.

It's just overkill for residential carpet cleaning....My opinion.

If you're making money and not scaring customers away then more power to you. I'm sure you're doing fine.

I always think of you in my big truck examples because I still think you have the best image, name and overall carpet cleaning look than anyone I've seen on here.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Those people THINK they are getting filet mignon and they THINK they can get it at $7/room because according to all the ads carpet cleaning is carpet cleaning,

Ron, I don't think the average consumer is that dumb
Yea a few will be suckered and there is a larger pool of suckers to prey on in the large metro markets .
But most folks know that's not anywhere near "normal" pricing..
all they have to do is make a few phone calls to the "name brand" outfits and get an idea of "normal" prices for their area.
most know they ain't gonna get sump'um for nothin'

as far as your SS analogy, man I know you're the Compulsive Captain of Clean here and if every fiber isn't individually massaged and squeegeed to operating rm standards, it ain't "clean" clean ...just "looks" clean.... :roll:

but i don't think you "get it" as far as the pool of prospects out there.

most folks WON'T choose the hundred dollar a rm cleaner over the average "quality" focused BD.....because the $30 to $60 dollar a rm cleaner makes them JUST as happy for half the price .

here's a reality check, Brother...if it "looks" just as good, for just as long, the average consumer doesn't GAS about anything else ...nor should they.
cause their life style/living habits with their kids, two dogs, parakeet and guinea pig means they'll be seeing their favorite cleaner every year regardless ....

and believe or not, unless those folks are "wernerizing" once or twice week when they vac, (maybe 2% of the population vacs like that) their carpets won't last any longer if you clean 'em once a year or Stanley does

Pick your niche and pitch your pitch to 'em.
But the "real world" average folk are in the middle .
They don't want the cheapest and they don't want the operating rm clean for 2 to 3 times the price.
They simply want the best value and/or the one they like/trust the best..nothing more, nothing less

..L.T.A.

All I have to say is I thought about Ron the other day when we did a job 13 areas and gave the lady a 40 dollar discount for 455. We dual wanded and had it done in 2 hours 45 min. It would have taken Ron two days to do that job. There was quite a bit of stuff to move. 3300 in three days for 10 residential jobs is great considering two of them were 75 dollar min jobs.

Yes anyone with common sense knows they can not get their carpet cleaned for 7.95 per room. I have seen several investigative carpet cleaning videos and they all compare the bait and switch couponers. I haven't seen one that included a company that has average pricing with a tm. I mean three rooms for 89-150 or whatever. When they do these reports it makes the consumer think carpet cleaning should cost less than a hundred dollars to get their carpet cleaned.

So my point is if they had included Harpers company in the report even though he is 5 times the price, people would clearly see the difference and at least know a better option exists. It doesn't mean they would call his company but a lot of people would go yea I guess it's better to spend a little more for a better job.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Dmreed4311 said:
I have no doubt that you are making alot of money Greg but I have two questions.

yes
yes

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Jim Martin said:
But if I see that big ol truck with the big ol machine....I'm thinking mo money mo money mo money.

what you are missing here is that 99% I pull up to there house it is because I already landed the job and I am there to clean...

It is all about image....I get walk ups...but I get a lot more drive byes....my truck sticks out...so it gets the attention that I want it to...so people call...and that is the hard part...landing the job after they call is easy....never have I heard..I thought you would be more expensive...but I have been told a lot of times that I am cheaper then SS and a few others...I am not the most expensive in town...but I am not the cheapest either...

But..I have heard many times...If you own something like that..you must know what you are doing...
people look at it all different ways...as for the ones who don't call because they think I am expensive...more then likely...I probably don't want to clean for them anyway....

my entire company is generated by nothing but the exposer that the truck gets and referrals...nothing more...

What is your projected gross for this year?

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
danielc said:
All I have to say is I thought about Ron the other day when we did a job 13 areas and gave the lady a 40 dollar discount for 455. We dual wanded and had it done in 2 hours 45 min. It would have taken Ron two days to do that job. There was quite a bit of stuff to move. 3300 in three days for 10 residential jobs is great considering two of them were 75 dollar min jobs.

Yes anyone with common sense knows they can not get their carpet cleaned for 7.95 per room. I have seen several investigative carpet cleaning videos and they all compare the bait and switch couponers. I haven't seen one that included a company that has average pricing with a tm. I mean three rooms for 89-150 or whatever. When they do these reports it makes the consumer think carpet cleaning should cost less than a hundred dollars to get their carpet cleaned.

So my point is if they had included Harpers company in the report even though he is 5 times the price, people would clearly see the difference and at least know a better option exists. It doesn't mean they would call his company but a lot of people would go yea I guess it's better to spend a little more for a better job.

You are missing the point - these news exposes are designed to dig dirt! PERIOD! Of course they wouldn't call Harper or any other High End company because there is no story these. They don't care which is perceived to clean better. They care if customers are being ripped off. Obviously they felt they were with Horizon and obviously they weren't with Pro Carpet.

Bob Foster

Who gives a shit Cole?

Every dime you took from people was at the expense of the reputation of real professionals in this industry.

You won't find anyone impressed with your selfish greed here.

You're nothing but a cheap promoter and a low life scum.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Bob, it's Thanksgiving give it a rest and stop making yourself seem like such an ass. You're a nice guy, why not show that part of yourself instead of making accusations about things you probably know nothing about?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Bob Foster

As you can tell I have a very strong opinion about this type of business. There hasn't been a person ever appear here that I have despised more.

Since when did what we do become only about the money? :?:

But it is your thanksgiving and I really do hope everyone has a good one. 8)

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
gregcole said:
Jim Martin said:

What is your projected gross for this year?

during the corse of the year....month to month it goes up and down...but I always hit my numbers.....

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Bob Foster said:
Who gives a shit Cole?

Every dime you took from people was at the expense of the reputation of real professionals in this industry.

You won't find anyone impressed with your selfish greed here.

You're nothing but a cheap promoter and a low life scum.

I'm impressed.

You don't get anywhere without a little of that. Too much charity leads to poverty for all parties involved.

G

greentech

Dmreed4311 said:

Gee, I'm glad someone said it.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Bob Foster said:
As you can tell I have a very strong opinion about this type of business. There hasn't been a person ever appear here that I have despised more.

Since when did what we do become only about the money? :?:

But it is your thanksgiving and I really do hope everyone has a good one. 8)

According to dictionary.com the definition of a business is: a person, partnership, or corporation engaged in commerce, manufacturing, or a service; profit-seeking enterprise or concern.

Bob, I don't know you and am suprised that you are this emotional about me. Perhaps there is something else happen in your life that has you this upset? If so, I hope it gets better.

Know this: I take great pride in what I do. We provide a good service at a good price. Everyone goes home happy. You assume that you know my operation- however you do NOT. You assume alot!
Perhaps its time you stop being an ass? shiteatinggrin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom