Pro Carpet in an Action News Report!

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Mikey P said:
has your ass unpuckered yet?
LOL! didn't know about it until this morning. They really don't bother me, however I think it a bit strange that they are usually sponsered by Staney Steemer! lol

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Whewww! :shock:

Did you get that feeling you get when speeding down the highway and you see the highway patrol shooting radar at you. You're going fast, but not fast enough for him to make a move on you.

:mrgreen:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
I was contacted by "Channel 8 ON-YOUR-SIDE"....I-NEWS 13 competitor.... !gotcha!

They will be conducting their OWN investigation..... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

It is in their interest to PROTECT the public from their competition "I- NEWS 13" inferior REPORTING.

They were QUITE interested in the PILE of PRO-CARPET'S invoices "WE" have acquired.... :roll:
While operating our booming..."RE-DUE SERVICE"... thathurts

They actually REQUIRE documentation to do a report... :mrgreen:

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
Just curious. When your guy showed up 4 hours late did someone call the customer and let them know you were going to be late?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
kingjoelking said:
Just curious. When your guy showed up 4 hours late did someone call the customer and let them know you were going to be late?

They don't have time...!

RUMOR has it they are all getting massages....from booking over 300 jobs in one DAY... :shock:

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
HARPER said:
I was contacted by "Channel 8 ON-YOUR-SIDE"....I-NEWS 13 competitor.... !gotcha!

They will be conducting their OWN investigation..... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

It is in their interest to PROTECT the public from their competition "I- NEWS 13" inferior REPORTING.

They were QUITE interested in the PILE of PRO-CARPET'S invoices "WE" have acquired.... :roll:

LOL

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
kingjoelking said:

The arrival window was a 1-3 ( news said 12-3 but we don't have those arrival windows) Basically he showed an hour late. Not terrible for our busy season with contract labor. Find one guy on here that says he has never been late and he's a liar.

Hmmm, let's analyze this : NO upcharges (wasn't even recommended). A quality job done and acnowledged by a news organization that was obviously out for blood...
On the flip side: if the carpet was black and supposed to be white: obviously the tech would have recommended extra work, but because it wasn't necessary- it was recommended and the service done properly. :)

joe harper

Name
joe harper
gregcole said:
HARPER said:

LOL

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

I do have a ???????

It is ILLEGAL to operate a business without Identification,,clearly posted on the vehicle...!

HOW do you "get around this"...?

Does this responsibility fall upon the SUB...?
Seems you could suffer some RECOURSE..."due-dalliance"

Brandon is in HILLSBORO COUNTY...It is the law...!!!

Also.."I BELIEVE"...There is a STATE statute...that TIES into "Jessica's Law"... :?:

Might want to look into IT.. !gotcha!

The reason I bring this up....Is the SUB...showed up in an UN-MARKED..Black/Ford pick-up... :idea:

NOT bustin your balls here..!!!

In the late 80's...RAINBOW CARPET CLEANING...Was run out of business...Due to a SUB operating for them..Raped a University of FL. student....."BE CARFUL".....They were RUINED... thathurts

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
HARPER said:
gregcole said:
HARPER said:

LOL

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

I do have a ???????

It is ILLEGAL to operate a business without Identification,,clearly posted on the vehicle...!

HOW do you "get around this"...?

Does this responsibility fall upon the SUB...?
Seems you could suffer some RECOURSE..."due-dalliance"

Brandon is in HILLSBORO COUNTY...It is the law...!!!

Also.."I BELIEVE"...There is a STATE statute...that TIES into "Jessica's Law"... :?:

Might want to look into IT.. !gotcha!

The reason I bring this up....Is the SUB...showed up in an UN-MARKED..Black/Ford pick-up... :idea:

NOT bustin your balls here..!!!

In the late 80's...RAINBOW CARPET CLEANING...Was run out of business...Due to a SUB operating for them..Raped a University of FL. student....."BE CARFUL".....They were RUINED... thathurts

Harper,
I don't believe you are busting my balls, rather voicing a question. I am happy to share the answer. You are correct - it does fall to the contractor. All contractors are issued a license plate (see embedded photo below). It's in their documentation that they understand they are required to display it and sign ackwnoledging such. i have a VERY good attorney who keeps us in check. shiteatinggrin
plate.jpg

I too believe that knowing who is going into your home is important. Let's not forget last month when 2 chemdry employees killed a an elderly couple they has cleaned for!
Our policy: EVERY single contractor is criminal background checked and must maintain background checks ( and provide us with copies) of their employees. We update annually - No background check = NO WORK!

Sadly, most owner operators don't provide this for their customers. Often, they don't have a clue about the guy they are putting in a customers home and customers pay that price. Thankfully, companies like mine (and I trust yours) provide this and regularly maintain. It's only right that we do our BEST to protect our customers.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Let me help you out......

plate.jpg

joe harper

Name
joe harper
gregcole said:
Alfalfa said:
Law suit! :mrgreen:

You copied that with out asking Greg for the rights to! :p

ROFL - mail me a usage fee of $5 and we'll be ok!

Why Not just a TATOO on their forehead... :?:

Mikey's..."BRAND'S"...his subs.... :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's face-it "punn intended".....If you are subbing for Cole... :shock:

Their is no LOWER rung in the food chain of employment.... thathurts :p shiteatinggrin :mrgreen:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
gregcole said:
I too believe that knowing who is going into your home is important. Let's not forget last month when 2 chemdry employees killed a an elderly couple they has cleaned for!
Our policy: EVERY single contractor is criminal background checked and must maintain background checks ( and provide us with copies) of their employees. We update annually - No background check = NO WORK!

Sadly, most owner operators don't provide this for their customers. Often, they don't have a clue about the guy they are putting in a customers home and customers pay that price. Thankfully, companies like mine (and I trust yours) provide this and regularly maintain. It's only right that we do our BEST to protect our customers.

Most Owner/Operators don't have to worry about who is going into the home to represent their company.
I know the guy I send into people's homes personally and I know his background. I trust him explicitly !gotcha!

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
HARPER said:
gregcole said:
Alfalfa said:
Law suit! :mrgreen:

You copied that with out asking Greg for the rights to! :p

ROFL - mail me a usage fee of $5 and we'll be ok!

Why Not just a TATOO on their forehead... :?:

Mikey's..."BRAND'S"...his subs.... :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's face-it "punn intended".....If you are subbing for Cole... :shock:
LOL! odd then that one of your employees came looking to contract work from me recently! shiteatinggrin

Their is no LOWER rung in the food chain of employment.... thathurts :p shiteatinggrin :mrgreen:
Then why did one of your long term employees come to my company a few months ago asking to contract work?

It would be nice if they showed what a real job is about and what it should cost.

I would be 145 for three standard rooms.

Let me do a demo and explain the difference between a guy that shows up in a pick up with under powered portable and a 25k dollar super suck tm, dry stokes, and premium cleaning solutions.

These videos just make people think carpet cleaning is cheap across the board.

Harper you should do one with another news station and show them how a real company prices based on sq footage and why you get a premium price.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
danielc said:
It would be nice if they showed what a real job is about and what it should cost.

Let me do a demo and explain the difference between a guy that shows up in a pick up with under powered portable and a 25k dollar super suck tm, dry stokes, and premium cleaning solutions.

Harper you should do one with another news station and show them how a real company prices based on sq footage and why you get a premium price.

It's comments like these that make me laugh. Everybody CAN'T afford filet mignon! Lower priced options are for those that can't afford the higher prices.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Then why did one of your long term employees come to my company a few months ago asking to contract work? "

QUOTE from GREGCOLE"

JAMES BAKER is his name... !gotcha!

Jimmy is a great cleaner...work for me for years...!
I sent him to you... :roll:

I can't hire Jimmy back because of his driving record.....!
You should have hired him just to get the SCOOP on my biz... !gotcha!
He is a ChAttY-CatHy.... :lol: Tells everyone's business to everyone... :roll:
Jimmy is soo BIG 6' 5" about 280... :roll: Big head like "JuGhEAd"... :p
Very intimidating when the client open the door... :shock:

BELIEVE it or NOT....Jimmy was the #1 junior golfer in fl. for 2 years... :shock: :shock: :shock:
Him & his brother Scott...were scratch golfers @ 15 years old... 8)

His game ended up in the BOTTLE...very sad...Lots of potential wasted... :cry:

ps I never ask a question.... I don't have the answer to.. !gotcha!

I know MORE about your operation ...than "I CARE TO KNOW".... :roll:
I am amazed...how many people feel it is important to REPORT your activities to ME... :?:

So.....PucKeR-Up.... :!:
jus kidden.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :p

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Yes, you laugh at that because what Daniel said is exactly true. Those people THINK they are getting filet mignon and they THINK they can get it at $7/room because according to all the ads carpet cleaning is carpet cleaning, ALL companies are the same AS LONG AS THEY AREN'T RiPPING SOMEONE OFF.
The news shows the people the ripoff artists but they don't show the difference between adequate and excellent.
Cleaning carpet is NOT news, but people getting ripped off is. Thats why you won't see a REAL cleaning company being called in as a comparison.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Damn I must be the most cynical person here. My first thought was that Greg "suggested" the "investigation " to the news. What better way to kill two birds with one stone. He gets free publicity and gets to take out a competitor at the same time and even if Greg's company is not bait and switch the bait and switch companies are his competition. In wall street that would just be considered a shrewd business move.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

joe harper

Name
joe harper
"IF...Greg's business modle effect's your BIZ....You have BIGGER problems."... :shock:

In a SEA of clients...you can only EAT so many fish... :idea:

If you are willing to BUY a bigger NET... :?:
You can catch more fish.. :!:

If you NEVER get off the dock...You will LIMIT your opportunities.. :!:
Greg's ....big NET ....also forces him to deal with TRASH fish that no one wants.. :idea:

So...if you fish from the DOCK...and are fishing for a specific species... :?:
Don't WHINE...when that species is NOT biting today... !gotcha!
Take your 300.00 fish rod home ...and fish another day...!

While the O/O is willing to WAIT for his favorite fish, the coupon-er is NOT..they have to EAT everyday!

Sooo...If HE drag's his NET across your favorite fishing hole...and...catches YOUR fish..TouGh ShiT..!

"GET BETTER BAIT".....NOT a better pole... :oops:

"There have been MORE 10lb Bass ...caught on a CANE POLE & a worm...than a $300.00 RIG.. :idea: "

I actually look as Greg's model as an ASSET to my business... :shock:
He is out there CHUMMING everyday....!
That just keeps the FISH active & concentrated in one AREA.... 8)

The only thing the O/O should worry about ...."IS".... :idea:
If you LOSE a client the GREG... :shock: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

You might want to change your BAIT....or...."QUIT FISHING.!"

ps...FU COLE.... :mrgreen:

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
HARPER said:
"IF...Greg's business modle effect's your BIZ....You have BIGGER problems."... :shock:

Greg's ....big NET ....also forces him to deal with TRASH fish that no one wants.. :idea:

While the O/O is willing to WAIT for his favorite fish, the coupon-er is NOT..they have to EAT everyday!

Sooo...If HE drag's his NET across your favorite fishing hole...and...catches YOUR fish..TouGh ShiT..!

"There have been MORE 10lb Bass ...caught on a CANE POLE & a worm...than a $300.00 RIG.. :idea: "

ps...FU COLE.... :mrgreen:

You like me you really like me! lol- have a great thanksgiving

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Damn...that was brilliantly put Mr. Harper. The fishing analogy works well for what we are doing.

Most guys want to show off their newest and biggest poles when they forgot to worry about quality bait.

If you stand behind your bait....You don't need to switch.

gregcole said:
danielc said:

It's comments like these that make me laugh. Everybody CAN'T afford filet mignon! Lower priced options are for those that can't afford the higher prices.

Yes everyone can't spend good money, but when they do their little investigation they should include a hack contractor that works from the back of a pick up truck (your crews), a real bait and switch hard upsell, and someone with a pimped truck mount like say Jim Martin. If they did a real comparison, EVERYONE would call the man doing three rooms for 130 if they knew the cleaning was better, dries faster, and stays clean longer.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
danielc said:
gregcole said:
danielc said:

Yes everyone can't spend good money, but when they do their little investigation they should include a hack contractor that works from the back of a pick up truck (your crews), a real bait and switch hard upsell, and someone with a pimped truck mount like say Jim Martin. If they did a real comparison, EVERYONE would call the man doing three rooms for 130 if they knew the cleaning was better, dries faster, and stays clean longer.

Horse crap.

The cheap people will still call the cheap carpet cleaner...You can't get away from that.

If I saw Jim pull up in his Super Rig I would shit my pants and clinche my wallet "I'm not paying for his toys so he can masturbate all over my carpet".

Sorry to use Jim in that example...But he does have a nice rig. :mrgreen:

There are a few others on here that would create the same reaction from me...As a customer.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
HARPER said:

Fooking brilliant.

Bob Foster

Brian R said:
Horse crap.

The cheap people will still call the cheap carpet cleaner...You can't get away from that.

If I saw Jim pull up in his Super Rig I would shit my pants and clinche my wallet "I'm not paying for his toys so he can masturbate all over my carpet".

Sorry to use Jim in that example...But he does have a nice rig. :mrgreen:

There are a few others on here that would create the same reaction from me...As a customer.

Sorry, but I disagree with you Brian. You can't tell me a customer feels like he's going to be raped because someone professional looking shows up. They did make an appointment and a reason to choose them in the first place.

I think a lot more customers would be concerned about a guy in blue jeans driving a pickup was showing up to clean their carpets. !gotcha!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I see your point Bob......But if I see that big ol truck with the big ol machine....I'm thinking mo money mo money mo money.

If I see the dirtbag show up I'm thinking Hide jewelry hide jewelry hide jewelry.

A nice clean, modest sized vehicle with a friendly fellow at the helm will always be best.
Just my opinion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom