Quad 5.7 vs Dual 6.6

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Seems like multiple sites have a different number when it comes to measuring cfms and lift on these vac motors. How much of a difference would the quad 5.7 have vs dual 6.6s really have.

Quad 5.7 with auto dump wont allow a pressure pump without a 3rd cord .. Im wondering if Im giving up much vac power - (cfm or lift) if I go with a machine that has dual 6.6s and a 500psi pump and auto dump on 2 cords.

Ive heard when the cfm and lift numbers are close it makes a perfect sucking machine.

The Goliath has dual 5.7 in series x 2 running in parallel. Says 250 cfms and 170'' of lift. Which sounds great. The Clean Storm has dual 6.6s, which they say are in parallel but I see a pic where it looks like its in series, that offers 170cfms and 215'' of lift - which can also run a 500psi pump and pump out on 2 cords.

Im willing to go with a 3rd cord to power a separate pump (water otter) if the end result is significant.

Ive also noticed when they say the cfm on 1 vac motor is __ cfms they usually double the cfms when 2 of the same are used but when stating the lift .. it has been stated with the same numbers.

So increase cfms as you increase vac motors but lift usually hovers around the same number and only fluxuates if your choice is series or parallel and or size of vac motor of course?

Hard to follow since different sites show different numbers on same vac motors !!

Im looking to work with long hose runs .. 100-150ft maybe 200 .. commercial carpet !!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
For long hose runs, you need dual 6.6" vacs in SERIES with higher lift . . .

Mytee is building a new Breeze extractor with new 6.6" vacs for us in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The only way to know for sure if you are going to be happy with it is to try out several machines. It's a bit of a stretch to get 150-200 ft hose runs out any portable. I have had 150 on mine which has 2- 13.5 amp 5.7' s in parallel. It was better than a basic ninja or similar portable but works much better with 100 ft or less. At that stage it doesn't matter so much if series or parallel, as long as you are getting decent suction on the wand. I prefer parallel but my machine is engineered differently compared to other machines out there. 2-6.6's or 2 8.4's will do you nicely as long as the machine is designed with 2 inch plumbing.

Name
Nate W.
Portable machines are meant to be moved from place to place.. I rarely use over 50' and when I do, I use a booster at the 50' mark... Lately I've been using 3-3 stage vacuums on my portable Sandia.. I took apart another Sandia and salvaged some parts from it due to a crack in the waste tank behind the control panel..

I cut a hole in the lid and used the vacuum with the box it sits in, using a 1.5" hose to connect to the machine.. I have it sitting in a toolbox and just leave the lid open for ventilation... It does make a difference in suction, I'm no expert on how many cfm it adds but I do get better and more water recovery using it...

Then I have Odin's booster box that's also good too for an inline booster... I've even used the CFX for a booster and pump out.. It did the job and I didn't have to dump..

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
The only way to know for sure if you are going to be happy with it is to try out several machines.

Im looking for the best possible scenario .. I dont have access to try a few of them as Id like - which is why Im reaching out to see who knows what and who has had the best luck in finding a better porty.

Thank you !!

Portable machines are meant to be moved from place to place..

I tottaly agree .. but I have this 24hr call center I do and using a porty is part of the process. I was looking for a way to keep it quieter for the CSRs rather than be right behind them with a roaring machine while theyre struggling to hear their customers. Its a high turn over position so not like too many get used to the noise. I always get looks and people covering their ear etc.

I do Cimex but the areas near and under the desks, which happen to be the worst of it, cannot be reached all to well !!

Thank you !!

Reactions: Nate The Great

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Everyone including me is going to have their own personal preference. It might be a good idea to contact Mytee products and inquire about their Air Hog vacuum booster. Mytee already makes some very powerful machines (usually need 1 -20 amp circuit and 1-15 amp circuit). Capable of running 100 feet of hose. Adding the Air Hog would extend that and it has an auto pump out as well. You can use with any extractor but it needs to be powerful to begin with and plumbed for 2 inch vac hose.

Name
Nate W.
Im looking for the best possible scenario .. I dont have access to try a few of them as Id like - which is why Im reaching out to see who knows what and who has had the best luck in finding a better porty.

Thank you !!

I tottaly agree .. but I have this 24hr call center I do and using a porty is part of the process. I was looking for a way to keep it quieter for the CSRs rather than be right behind them with a roaring machine while theyre struggling to hear their customers. Its a high turn over position so not like too many get used to the noise. I always get looks and people covering their ear etc.

I do Cimex but the areas near and under the desks, which happen to be the worst of it, cannot be reached all to well !!

Thank you !!

Well in that case, I'd just go with a machine that has the best suction and if you need to add another vacuum to the base unit I would.. Your option to not be able to move the equipment sucks but it is what it is..

I've seen the Mytee machine where you can add more vacuums to the exhaust of the portable for more suction.. I'd go that route if plugs are a problem which it seems to not be a problem.. Also @AshleyMckendree does a lot of call centers cleanings I've been told..

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Encap it with a 175 and pads. It will look better, dry faster and be much quieter.

Ive considered that but where the desk legs and the area under the desk is hard to get the corners and edges and yes the corners and edges are dirty .. janitorial company does not do a thorough job.

Everyone including me is going to have their own personal preference. It might be a good idea to contact Mytee products and inquire about their Air Hog vacuum booster. Mytee already makes some very powerful machines (usually need 1 -20 amp circuit and 1-15 amp circuit). Capable of running 100 feet of hose. Adding the Air Hog would extend that and it has an auto pump out as well. You can use with any extractor but it needs to be powerful to begin with and plumbed for 2 inch vac hose.

Mytee has great products and most of all they have great customer service !! Ive considered the Mytee ETM but at 200lbs and the bulky-ness .. wont be the right fit for me.

Well in that case, I'd just go with a machine that has the best suction and if you need to add another vacuum to the base unit I would.. Your option to not be able to move the equipment sucks but it is what it is..
Also @AshleyMckendree does a lot of call centers cleanings I've been told..

Which is why Im reaching out ..

Ive listed 2 possible options .. Goliath and Clean Storm - but still confused as to the cfm vs lift combo .. especially if I wanna go over 100 ft. I was also looking at the Cross American Jaquar dual 8.4s .. 283cfms and 146 lift .. 0-800psi at 107lbs. Not only a 16gal solution 15gal recovery but an auto fill n dump option and a silencer.

Thanks !!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ive considered that but where the desk legs and the area under the desk is hard to get the corners and edges and yes the corners and edges are dirty .. janitorial company does not do a thorough job.

Mytee has great products and most of all they have great customer service !! Ive considered the Mytee ETM but at 200lbs and the bulky-ness .. wont be the right fit for me.

Which is why Im reaching out ..

Ive listed 2 possible options .. Goliath and Clean Storm - but still confused as to the cfm vs lift combo .. especially if I wanna go over 100 ft. I was also looking at the Cross American Jaquar dual 8.4s .. 283cfms and 146 lift .. 0-800psi at 107lbs. Not only a 16gal solution 15gal recovery but an auto fill n dump option and a silencer.

Thanks !!
Prevacuum paying special attention to those areas and use this to cut it in.

Edge Brush Carpet Cleaning Accessory from the commercial carpet cleaning supply company with OCCD Excellent-Supply.com
http://www.excellent-supply.com/Edge-Brush-Carpet-Cleaning-Accessory_p_11.html

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Im looking for the best possible scenario ..

There is NO one porty that is Best for all scenarios...
That's why I have 4 different types: Mytee ETM, Mytee M-5, Mytee Air Hog which can be used like a Rotovac CFX, Edic mini spotter.
We use the M-5 the most. The ETM is the most powerful-- but PIA to set-up-- same for "CFX". The Edic has been a blessing in rare occasions.

to solve the noise problem maybe one of these solutions will work:
These 3 wont cost any additional money--
Do the work after hours when the call center is closed.
put the porty in an unused office or closet and close the door as much as possible-- Use a seal-a-door?
Can you use a TM by dropping the hose through a window?
OR
Encap the areas you cant reach with the Cimex by using a 10 inch brush Pro-- or a Shark vacuum cleaner ( vacuum 1st, clean bin, remove all filters, apply encap, brush in encap with the shark) I know a major hotel that encaps this way.

Last edited:

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
to solve the noise problem maybe one of these solutions will work:
These 3 wont cost any additional money--
Do the work after hours when the call center is closed.
put the porty in an unused office or closet and close the door as much as possible-- Use a seal-a-door?
Can you use a TM by dropping the hose through a window?
OR
Encap the areas you cant reach with the Cimex by using a 10 inch brush Pro-- or a Shark vacuum cleaner ( vacuum 1st, clean bin, remove all filters, apply encap, brush in encap with the shark) I know a major hotel that encaps this way.

The part of the call center area, where the CSRs are on the phones, is about a 22k sf - square area (150ft x 150ft) and its a 24hr center. Windows are up high and sealed. Will not allow a door to be propped open at any entry point. Ive considered the encap and brushing with the brush wheel for the multi cornered corners in each cube but extracting the corners and edges will be much faster than using the alternative. Im set on the process Im just looking for the best vac combo to allow me to stay as far from the people as possible.

Thanks for the help !!

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Im down to the:

Goliath quad 5.7s (dual cord) paired with the Water Otter (3rd cord)

Steambrites Clean Storm dual 6.6s with 500psi (dual cord)

Cross American dual 8.4s (dual cord)

Unless some one has a machine that will out perform - thats less than 130ish lbs pref dual cord but willing to do a 3rd if the increase in power is significant.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
The Mytee ETM is easy to maneuver as long as you have ramps or elevators. It might take longer to set-up but with these specs you wouldn't have to move it: it would be great for an area that size.

Vacuum
Quad 3 Stage vacuums
CFM 325
Lift 230" H20 or 16 1/2" Hg
Pump 50-900 PSI / 2.2 GPM Triplex, ceramic plunger

Reactions: Spurlington

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo

Best tool I found to use under and around desks and cubicles is a good shop-vac.

Add a 25 ft extension cord to the stock power cord and use the long vac extension tubes without an attachment to suck down all the paper clips and Juju Beans in the corners, under the file cabs, and especially under the wires and cables where all the sh!t likes to accumulate.

The long extension tube without an attachment allow you to stab at and move around the wires and cables without any damage if your careful, and make quick work of it without breaking your back.

Keep a crevice attachment in your back pocket and go to town.

It's a good task for a Minion if you have one prepping your next area.

Reactions: Spurlington

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
The Mytee ETM is easy to maneuver as long as you have ramps or elevators. It might take longer to set-up but with these specs you wouldn't have to move it: it would be great for an area that size.

Vacuum
Quad 3 Stage vacuums
CFM 325
Lift 230" H20 or 16 1/2" Hg
Pump 50-900 PSI / 2.2 GPM Triplex, ceramic plunger

The amount of cords to run this machine is unclear to me. Ive been told 2 but is it 2 30 ampers? .. how many 15 or 20 amp cords will I need to run it? What size 3 stage are vac motors are they?

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Portable machines are meant to be moved from place to place.. I rarely use over 50' and when I do, I use a booster at the 50' mark... Lately I've been using 3-3 stage vacuums on my portable Sandia.. I took apart another Sandia and salvaged some parts from it due to a crack in the waste tank behind the control panel..

I cut a hole in the lid and used the vacuum with the box it sits in, using a 1.5" hose to connect to the machine.. I have it sitting in a toolbox and just leave the lid open for ventilation... It does make a difference in suction, I'm no expert on how many cfm it adds but I do get better and more water recovery using it...

Then I have Odin's booster box that's also good too for an inline booster... I've even used the CFX for a booster and pump out.. It did the job and I didn't have to dump..

I agree with Nate that portable machines are meant to be moved, and that Orecks are the shiznat.

In considering the extra setup and effort to manage over 125-150 feet on a portable, you have to also consider the law of diminishing return.

If you must, get an in-line booster since this is exactly what they are made for instead of a new machine.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
The amount of cords to run this machine is unclear to me. Ive been told 2 but is it 2 30 ampers? .. how many 15 or 20 amp cords will I need to run it? What size 3 stage are vac motors are they?

30 amps total on 2 cords.

One cord @20amps and one @10amps.

Capture mytee escape.JPG

Papa John

Name
John Stewart

It can run on as few as 2 cords-- but you will only be using 2 vacuum motors; and then cant support long hose runs.
Since your main concerns seems to be the noise-- The ETM is the only real option if you want to keep the machines out of the work area.-- however you will want to keep it in a room with no occupants since it is loud! If that is not an option then your goal of less noise in the work area is not obtainable-- so save your money and just move the porty you already have and live with the noise..

Ear Plugs for you and No eye contact with the occupants might be easiest/cheapest remedy. :twisted: :lol:

Papa John

Name
John Stewart

View attachment 71347

I wish That were true in reality--- we used 2 hunter boxes with 4 cords total and still blew circuits. We only use the ETM in our rug cleaning plant-We had to hire an electrician to install a 208 single phase 30 Amp outlet with 320 volts!
Maybe the problem was with a defective Pump out pump and it tripped the circuits ? It had to be replaced within very few hours of 1st use.

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
As was said, get. 175 swing machine. As for under the desk get a 13" each 175 use red pads.
For the corners, another option as mentioned above is a shop vac. Maybe try the 1 gallon shop vac. Cheap light and quick. Think about, how often are the corners stepped on/walked on? NONE OF THE TIME.

But if your stuck on the portable, maybe get a 7 or 8 lb bowling ball and go visit a few suppliers and try out each portable in the show room and do the bowling ball test. Thats if you're fortunate enough live near suppliers with show room.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The problem with the Goliath is it doesn't have a solution tank. You have to hook it up to a faucet or suck water out of a bathtub or garbage can or something. You might be better off with a Nautilus. 2-8.4 vacs in either series or parallel and 500 psi with autofill/dump.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino

View attachment 71347

I saw that but didnt believe 2 regular cords could run 4 vac motors with 900psi pump and pump out

It can run on as few as 2 cords-- but you will only be using 2 vacuum motors; and then cant support long hose runs.
Since your main concerns seems to be the noise-- The ETM is the only real option if you want to keep the machines out of the work area.-- however you will want to keep it in a room with no occupants since it is loud! If that is not an option then your goal of less noise in the work area is not obtainable-- so save your money and just move the porty you already have and live with the noise..

Ear Plugs for you and No eye contact with the occupants might be easiest/cheapest remedy. :twisted: :lol:

Yeah we wear our ear buds and try not to give eye contact .. I remember one time I turned on the machine and a guy stood up waving his hand in a downward motion .. I wanted to wave back but wasnt there to wrestle. Had another guy ask my helper to turn his machine off cause he couldnt hear .. which he did and I went back over and turned it on. It can be stressful worrying about pissing people off which is why Im looking to modify the process.

I do like the Mytee ETM but its too heavy and the wheel frame is too bulky for me. Id probably like it better if the wheels were up and under the machine but I imagine its probably set up that way for balancing purposes.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Think about, how often are the corners stepped on/walked on? NONE OF THE TIME.
Youre close but there were salt stains that pooled out and dried near edges and since theyre allowed to eat n drink at their station - there are enough spills n crap.

Half of these people they hire are not careful or considerate. I cleaned the sofas n chairs in the lounge one night and the next night some chic had her dirty boots up on em stretched out and sees me then says - oh you cleaned these .. they look good .. Im like in my head .. then get your freakin boots off em.

But if your stuck on the portable, maybe get a 7 or 8 lb bowling ball and go visit a few suppliers and try out each portable in the show room and do the bowling ball test. Thats if you're fortunate enough live near suppliers with show room.

Makes most sense to call on fellow cleaners to see what has worked the best along with reviewing the numbers n combinations. The 3-4 that Im most interested are no where near me to check out. So happy to have you people.

Last edited:

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
The problem with the Goliath is it doesn't have a solution tank. You have to hook it up to a faucet or suck water out of a bathtub or garbage can or something. You might be better off with a Nautilus. 2-8.4 vacs in either series or parallel and 500 psi with autofill/dump.

The hall I planned on setting up camp to reach out 150ft for the cleaning is about 50ft away from the slop sink. I would run auto fill to the Water Otter then can pump out back to sink.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Sounds like it should work. Not sure why you need the Water Otter instead of using the 500 psi pump on the machines. Another option is the Dwell Pro. It may be easier to increase the length of the auto fill/ pump out hose and shorten the vac hose.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Sounds like it should work. Not sure why you need the Water Otter instead of using the 500 psi pump on the machines. Another option is the Dwell Pro. It may be easier to increase the length of the auto fill/ pump out hose and shorten the vac hose.

Water Otter paired with Goliath .. I have to buy a pump for tile n grout in the near future for commercial tile cleaning which I dont do now. So doing tile and adjusting down for carpet - a Water Otter kills 2 birds with one stone if I get the Goliath.

If I got the Jaquar dual 8.4s - it would already have the 0-800psi - no Water Otter needed.

If I get the Clean Storm dual 6.6s .. itll have the 5oopsi - so Id be getting a Water Otter.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Im having a hard time figuring out what to get because 8yrs ago I ran out and bought an Eclipse triple vac motor with auto fill, auto dump, dual heater etc thinking I was gonna park it and clean from a far .. but I was having a hard time sucking thru 25 ft of hose .. I tipped the wand and the water would drool out .. I spent $3200 on a machine that advertised truckmount power. I didnt really research and just went out and bought it. I barely used it cause I also bought an Edic Galaxy Pro 2700 that out performed the Eclipse by a mile for $1800 with a heater at the time.

I was loving the Galaxy so much I bought another last year or so ago.

Now Im trying to set up a system where I can have a crew go in and clean without disturbing anyone. It was stressful enough for me to be on site dealing with the CSRs and I can just see my crew getting punkd or manipulated and or skip areas in fear of confrontation with these phone people.

I do feel for the CSRs .. Id be irritated if Im on the phone and I cant hear .. but this place is a mess with messy ass spilling shit people and Im always pulling out black water. And to top it off .. the janitorial crew hardly vacuum cleans because of the stress of disturbing the people.

So Im looking for the best scenario and thanks to all with your suggestions !!

Papa John

Name
John Stewart

That wont solve the problem--The dwell pro will still need to be in the working area.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom