question for other Sapphire 1200 owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Sounds kinda like you and John got the slip here.

Why you were sent to an outside mechanic while the machine is still under warranty is beyond logic.

That would be like the VW dealership in Detroit sending Bawb bugs to fix under warranty.

A real WTF scenario

i puts some HID headlites and leather interior on my Passat...
does that count?

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
That was something that confused me too Chris. Why send me to Chris Pond at Cleaners Depot who has never installed a 1200 when Interlink is 2 minutes up the road and installs all Sapphire machines? Don't get me wrong Chris was great and knows his stuff but was not familiar with 1200's in general.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
See what Im a gettin at!

Thanks fur the purfect example bawb : )

hey lets see YOU work on a Passat...
they are not normal cars.....no nuts an' bolts...
all clips and snap-ons....and i guarantee you'll break them!

Mikey P

Administrator
David if I were in your shoes and wanting to return a truck mount and van that has a no return policy (in general) and expecting SS to step up to the plate and take care of me (they always do) I think I'd be taking a different approach.

For one.. I wouldn't be taking Ben's word on the heat, it's entirely likely that you both are having the same problem. Maybe, maybe not, but I would imagine we would have heard if 170 is the standard on this machine by now. Can't imagine SS would ever had bought the rights to the unit if so. All their slide ins are running too hot and need to be governed.

Two..

Speculation about evil intentions with Chris Pond? Dude, Chris is a legend in this industry, you were lucky they pointed you in his direction.

Three..

Using MB as unneeded leverage over the weekend to get your way with a company that's is VERY supportive of the members here in every way is more than likely just going to piss them off.

Four..

Tell your attorneys Dewey, Screwem and Sutley to stfu as they ain't doing you any favours here..

Just my advice

Take it or leave it.

Hoping to hear some great news when I see you in 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Russ T.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
what Mikey sED:
i believe this is a simple problem that can be taken care of quickly
at least I know i could...jebus it's JUST a PTO....it ain't rocket surgery.......

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
David if I were in your shoes and wanting to return a truck mount and van that has a no return policy (in general) and expecting SS to step up to the plate and take care of me (they always do) I think I'd be taking a different approach.

For one.. I wouldn't be taking Ben's word on the heat, it's entirely likely that you both are having the same problem. Maybe, maybe not, but I would imagine we would have heard if 170 is was the standard on this machine by now. Can't imagine SS would ever had bought the rights to the unit if so. All their slide ins are running too hot and need to be governed.

Two..

Speculation about evil intentions with Chris Pond? Dude, Chris is a legend in this industry, you were lucky they pointed you in his direction.

Three..

Using MB as unneeded leverage over the weekend to get your way with a company that's is VERY supportive of the members here in every way is more than likely just going to piss them off.

Four..

Tell your attorneys Dewey, Screwem and Sutley to stfu as they ain't doing you any favours here..

Just my advice

Take it or leave it.

Hoping to hear some great news when I see you in 2 weeks.

Maybe the best advice so far. Sapphire seems to be growing a reputation of outstanding products and service. I bet they will take care of you if you don't smear their name before they get the chance.

The Clean Machine

Last edited by a moderator:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
For the Record:
Pretty sure it wasn't intended to be a smear at all. Possibly over thinking and worrying at best. There has been a TON of useful info come about because of this thread, and I kinda see a solution to any problem with these two machines, leaning towards the being solved stage.
I had no idea who the mechanic was, jus asking a general statement and received an informed answer. As expected on this board.
I am Glad Clarification has been made on Chris, Thank you.

now can we focus an get back on track, jebuss

Reactions: Russ T.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I had a heat sensor and gauge go bad last week on my newest Butler. Was putting out good heat, but just not showing it was at the gauge. Just changed it out this week.

Discovered it one night doing a restaurant job and was going to shoot a video to show you guys I was still getting good heat in the -25 below zero and of course it wasn't showing anything above 160 on the gauge. Heat like crazy inside the place that would burn you, but not impressive on the gauge. Other Butler was over 240, but I was getting tired of running back and forth from the inside, then through the snow banks....into the van, dark out and couldn't see in the other video.....I just gave up! (and I froze my dainty fingers....LOL)

Is it getting hot at the wand and hose? Or just the gauge not telling the truth.....

I am suspecting from the post not heat at the wand, but just checking....

Mark

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
and Chris...if indeed you put a 180 in MY Genie.....
i'm gonna kick yor azz..you little wuss...:icon_twisted:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
"hottest machine in the industry"

"psssst..please..." -El D

Yes I know it is a diesel fired heater but its funny to read that about other units when they claim high heat. I sure as heck would be disappointed with sub 200s...

Name
Tom McLaughlin
Wow, what a thread!

Say David, contact your Sapphire distributor on Monday, they WILL take care of you. I'm sorry you're dissapointed, the Pro-1200's really do get hot, this is something minor mechanical, but understandibly a big deal for you.

We've been running direct drives ever since they were invented, Steam Genies, White Magic's and now the Sapphire Pro-1200's. Without seeing the machine, my experience tells me that, most likely, it could be a failed "hot/cold" switch or the exchanger system needs to be burped. Our mechanic Greg Wagman is a master at the direct drives, I'll invite your distributor to call him after you and your interlink distributor go through the normal channels through Sapphire if you have any questions.

Couple of points to make light of.

A standard thermostat is just fine, no need to change that.

We normally run the Pro-1200 with the vehicle heater/defrost off.

Load on the vaccum is important, if you lay your wand down while cleaning, you're introducing cold air into the system so block it off by standing your wand in a corner while you're moving furniture. (that's your load on the vacuum).

Over sized spray jets and/or super large wand with alot of jets can flow your solution past the heat exchangers faster then their ability to heat it up. That's true on most any system.

Ambient air temperature makes a difference, cleaning in sub artic temperatures, the technicians route the vacuum hoses where they'll stay the warmest. they'll break off 50' sections when they can instead of piling them up in the snow.

In the winter, some of the technicians will fill their fresh water supply tank with warm water to give the machine a "head start", after all it's much easier for any direct drive to heat water that's has an initial temperature of, say 80*F than 35*F.

At least once a week, our technicians will check the radiator and coolant overflow jug, just to make sure that levels are full and you won't run into any issues with introducing any air into the heat exchanger system.

These are pretty much the basic tips that the direct drive guys use, hope this helps.

Getting back to the main issue of your heat, Sapphire will absolutely take care care of you, just give them a fair chance. The Pro-1200 is a fabulous machine and as a distributor, i can honestly say that the Pro-1200, without a doubt, the most trouble free machine I have ever seen.

I'll be back in the office on wednesday, call me at 800-609-1000, if there's anything I can do for you.

Tom McLaughlin
Modernistic store manager (I'm at ext 4608) (Greg is at ext 4613)

Last edited:

hogjowl

Idiot™
Maybe the best advice so far. Sapphire seems to be growing a reputation of outstanding products and service. I bet they will take care of you if you don't smear their name before they get the chance.

The Clean Machine

Now why in the world would you say that?

He's given them one chance. Does it take two, three or four chances before he is allowed to discuss his problem?

I said the moment Mikey started selling advertising money that his public posting style would change, but why would a real cleaner want to squelch another cleaners right to discuss issues?

Reactions: Mardie

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
to the people that don't know.......
Tom IS the best all around service guy in the business...and
i consider him a friend as well.....

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Now why in the world would you say that?

He's given them one chance. Does it take two, three or four chances before he is allowed to discuss his problem?

I said the moment Mikey started selling advertising money that his public posting style would change, but why would a real cleaner want to squelch another cleaners right to discuss issues?

I definitely don't want to squelch his or anybody's ability or freedom to discuss issues. I've benefitted as much as anyone from others honest feedback. I just think we should be careful how we discuss things. I think Sapphire can come out smelling like a rose if given the chance. I would personally avoid squaring off with them and saying they are fraudulent in their claims. Maybe they are but give them the chance to make it right. I'd want that if one of my customers was anything but delighted by my service. I think Mikey gave good advice on how to handle this situation. It might hurt the entertainment value of this thread but it was good advice.

The Clean Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom