Questions for you portable gurus..

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
It was Goomer calling your machine semi...

I the best interest of any additional sensitive manginas in this thread, I will clarify my statement regarding the DwellPro.

I consider the DP to be "semi-portable" relative to MY, UNIQUE RESIDENTIAL market, where stairs, tiny elevators, tight hallways, and cramped spaces are encountered more often than not, as I do not see the DP's footprint, weight, and maneuverability as being complimentary to these conditions.

What does the DP weigh?

My market simply lacks the necessary RESIDENTIAL "sprawl" required to efficiently operate a unit of such design.

That being said, there are a lot of things I really like about the DP, especially in regards to COMMERCIAL work in my market, or for that matter, on any residential work in a market where space and logistics is generally not an issue.

Within these conditions, I would even venture to say that the DP is superior to most other cookie-cutter portable units.

To break it down......

Vacs......Two beefy 6.6 inch vacs should pack more than enough punch for most jobs, and offer
more vac performance than any other stock unit available, where twin 5.7 incher's seem to be the standard.

I would credit this to the open design which offers more space to fit 2 bigger vacs than most cookie-cutter porty component compartments where space is already very limited.

The open design not only makes it possible to incorporate generally "beefier" components across the board, but it also removes the common ventilation/heat issues plaguing most standard porty designs incorporating even smaller components........win-win.

The main system on the DP that concerns me is the pump-out unit.

Due to my troubled history with apo/fill, I am very leary of most portable unit pump-out features.

I found that most generally smaller porty pumpout units to be very sensitive to solids in the waste water, and are inevitably prone to being obstructed if the waste water is not properly filtered, especially those fooking diaphragm pumps, and I refuse to use a pump-out feature without incorporating an efficient mechanism of filtration.

Even Art knows this, as he always uses an inline filter because he knows it is a necessity.

If there is one thing I would like to know about the DP, it is in regards to the pump-out unit.

What type of pump is it?

Hopefully not a diaphragm pump?

How does it handle unfiltered solids in the waste water, and is filtering an absolute necessity?

I did not notice a in-line filter in any videos.

If this is not an issue with the DP, then I see few weaknesses in it, assuming you have the means to transport and move it, and the space to operate it.

Definately a worthy unit, as I consider it a great option commercially, not so much residentially in my world.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I would love to see some detailed pics in regards to the waste filter/medium/configuration.

In my opinion, the filter medium should never be directly incorporated onto the pump-out inlet on a portable unit like most classic designs, but closer to the vac inlet, or even further out in-line, allowing a "buffer" zone between the two, as it is easier to maintain, and will avoid moments of stinky arm.

An essential consideration as far as I'm concerned when considering full-time pump-out use.

Reactions: SCC and Mikey P

SCC

Name
Steve Baker
Here's a few pics of my setup. I like the inline heater in a lower flow 1.5 gpm 220psi pump much better than ones pushing 2gpm and above. I can't live life without my apo. I made my own prefilter for my apo pump that has worked over 2 years without fail. I use a 13 inch 175 with various bonnets and brushes.

Attachments

• 2014-03-08 08.34.03.jpg
    2014-03-08 08.34.03.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 142
  • 2014-03-08 08.33.55.jpg
    2014-03-08 08.33.55.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 143
  • 2014-05-06 09.31.14.jpg
    2014-05-06 09.31.14.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 147
  • 2015-07-06 07.52.25.jpg
    2015-07-06 07.52.25.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 145

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
"I do not believe there are many engineers that know much about airflow that are designing the motor compartment of the porties of this world"--Rick Imby

So very true, Rick.

They, along with a few operators in our industry, do not either understand or comprehend the very importance of the word: "Design" in terms of "performance" of a machine. What controls the air-flow; keeps it at optimum levels--during--the cleaning process; the path of the air/debris, and the separation of such; etc...etc....
Has always amazed me however, after all these years, I still see most only comparing the configurations' of the pumps & motors. There is a huge difference between performance and longevity (and blowing of circuits), for example, when comparing one model 400 psi pump/motor--to--another model 400 psi pump/motor!

In over 40 years in this Industry, it is a most difficult aspect to teach. I guess it is just the human factor and (sometimes) common sense lack of knowledge. Who knows.

Great comments, Rick.

Best to all;
Ed Valentine
cross-american corp.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Due to its open design, I wonder about the noise level generated by the DP.
Anybody ever measure the decibel level of portables?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Nope, but I REALLY REALLY hate someone calling me a pussy. Its just one of those things that really burn my ass. That and dealing with a stroked out mother in law, father in law with liver cancer, wife barely holding it together, harvoni side effects......makes Willy a grumpy man.

And just for fun-
Nope, but I REALLY REALLY hate someone calling me a pussy. Its just one of those things that really burn my ass. That and dealing with a stroked out mother in law, father in law with liver cancer, wife barely holding it together, harvoni side effects......makes Willy a grumpy man.
And just to put sprinkles on the ice cream, I'm sitting in a nuerologists office trying to find out why the right side of my fave is paralyzed. ER doc said it's Bell's palsy. I hope so cause that goes away. Ťrials and tribulations.......

rick imby

Name
Rick
@Ed Valentine
I have always felt the whole unit must be balanced---many of the porty hacks out there change things in their system not understanding the other impacts on the whole picture.

@Mikey P
The Silencer has been on Ed's machines for a long time. The silencer probably gives a little resistance to the airflow, lowering the amp draw of the motors a little.

@Goomer
Nice clarification on your thoughts of the Dwell Pro. I have spent some time in Boston, I understand what you mean about no space. My son had a 4th floor apt with no elevator, no parking, and no space once you got into the apt. With my Steamin Demon I have experienced a minor water problem with a leak in a custy's bathroom with auto feed. It can get out of hand really quick.

So Frank I am certain you had a major problem with an autofeed accident, care to tell us about it? How expensive was it?

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
@Ed Valentine
I have always felt the whole unit must be balanced---many of the porty hacks out there change things in their system not understanding the other impacts on the whole picture.

@Mikey P
The Silencer has been on Ed's machines for a long time. The silencer probably gives a little resistance to the airflow, lowering the amp draw of the motors a little.

@Goomer
Nice clarification on your thoughts of the Dwell Pro. I have spent some time in Boston, I understand what you mean about no space. My son had a 4th floor apt with no elevator, no parking, and no space once you got into the apt. With my Steamin Demon I have experienced a minor water problem with a leak in a custy's bathroom with auto feed. It can get out of hand really quick.

So Frank I am certain you had a major problem with an autofeed accident, care to tell us about it? How expensive was it?

I think I've come closer to manufacturing the whole unit in its entirety better than anyone else. The dwell1 is a two wheeler or a four wheeler for your convenience. It can be 160 pounds or 210 pounds with all of its hoses.

I wish I could have a video camera on the machine as it easily maneuver through tight ski chalet apartment buildings and condos built in the 70's.

Here is a video of an earlier question concerning the discharge pump which moves 3 gallons a minute. It's original use is to recirculate water for hot tub's 24 hours a day for 10 years? It will not overheat as it can run dry as easy as it can run with water.

Reactions: Mikey P and SCC

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
And my condolences to Willy and his stressful situation. I certainly don't me to call him a pussy or anyone else. It's just my way of expressing confidence in my machines...

rick imby

Name
Rick
All hot air... At one time I was selling SEO services and building websites. I helped a friend (Joe Burnich) get started building websites and cleaning carpets. I have always cleaned the carpets in my rentals.

I have a fascination with carpet cleaning equipment, especially portable, and the drama on the boards..

My main income is from Ebay and Amazon

Zbikenut on Amazon

Zbikenut on Ebay

If I have offended you I will merely read.

I like your board Mikey.

Last edited:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Here Rick.I've been looking for one of these for years. Always a day late. I did put rams horn handlebars and a big sissy bar on it. CCM Charger 3 speeds are as common as a saquatch,
charger_zpsgbjkj9gx.jpg

Reactions: rick imby

rick imby

Name
Rick
Crazy bike, Willy,

What size tires are those? I remember I think we had some Schwinns with 16 up front and 20 in the back.
Is that a 24" rear? or 26".

They aren't the 20 x 1 1/4 tires are they?

Originally that had to have a Slick on the back---24" or 26" slick ---impossible to find these days.

I am into my old stuff but not so much others old bikes...hahaha
I love Mountain bikes...

Willy, your signature just pisses me off.
When is the penguin that keeps getting knocked in the sh*th*le going to kick the other one up side the head?

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Name
jack zerkie
I,m getting a three wheel bike from a customer in the mobile home park that I clean for part payment for the cleaning.
I can put the truckmount in a trailer and pull it around the park Iv,e been working there for the past 34 years so I should fit right in. jz.

rick imby

Name
Rick
I sold my shop to my son. When I had the shop we sold a lot of 3 wheelers to the Special people. I dont' know what is politically correct way to say that. There is a great support system in this town for the mentally challenged. It is awesome. My son is on the board of directors of the state Special Olympics. I am not certain why he would not let me compete.

Many ride three wheelers that I sold.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom