Questions for you portable gurus..

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
A bit of trivia that some may not be aware of - Here are pictures of both 15A and 20A receptacles. It is permissible to put either 15A OR 20A recepts on a 20A circuit, so if you see a 15A recept it could still be a 20A circuit. However, it is not legal to put a 20A recept on a 15A circuit, so if you see one like the right-hand picture it will be a 20A circuit, unless of course some bonehead DIY'er installed the wrong one.....

duplex_15amp_20amp.jpg

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
How many selling stuff here toss out garbage like that while trying to make sales ? That's his loss and by exposing himself as a total asshole it's my gain because I wouldn't buy anything from an arrogant JO that chooses to insult a large group. That's too bad for him as I'm sitting on a nice stack of cash that is going to be used to buy new equipment and I was considering the DP. Now I'm not.

There are plenty of "sellers" on here with attached drama... Ask Bruder how he feels about Marty...or how many uses Guerkink's gear despite the drama...or Cobb and his claims and dramas...

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Nate W.
Bathrooms, for one. For a number of years the NEC has required it (my copy of the 2005 version does, I don't have an older copy handy).

In my experience, most of the bathrooms and kitchens have GFCI outlets... You can get 15amps out of it... I try to keep the lights off to the places I clean as it draws power from the room.... I've seen outlets on stoves in @Willy P pictures here, but I've never seen one in Hawaii.....It tripped me out seeing it... If you plug into different rooms, most of the time are on separate circuits... I grew up on portables and doesn't bother be to clean with them, just slower...

rick imby

Name
Rick
I may have missed it but @Willy P are all three of your circuits needed, just 15 amp? Or is the heater 20 amp? How often do you trip----How often are you distance from the van challenged like Frank in Brooklyn is?

I will say this---I have hated 3 speeds ever since I sold the one I got at 10 years old (for Chritsmas) and bought a Varsity. I avoided them like the plague in my shop. Sorry Willy, I have little knowledge of 3 speeds or access to them.

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
I don't think he meant it. I think he just jjumped in with us that know each other.
Butt I meant it! ;)

Yes, I did jumpin. And yes I am an Asshole. Were you talking about me? I don't read much. Dyslexia. I'll just post videos from now on. They speak for themselves. Never break down. Best machine out there. www.dwell.pro
Suck it!

rick imby

Name
Rick
I saw that Dan, I was assuming he was using the 13" but one never knows without asking. I believe most of his rentals are to Hotels---I heard that once---

Reactions: dgardner

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
I saw that Dan, I was assuming he was using the 13" but one never knows without asking. I believe most of his rentals are to Hotels---I heard that once---

Schools rent them over the Holidays and June/July. 90% of the time they cannot use cause of the kids. Stain Magic cannot be on location when kids are in. Pretty strict here. $500 per week. $1500 a month with Zipper. We will test all the Zippers in Vegas. Can't wait to get into the Prisons. Love those guys.

Reactions: Erik

Mikey P

Administrator
A bit of trivia that some may not be aware of - Here are pictures of both 15A and 20A receptacles. It is permissible to put either 15A OR 20A recepts on a 20A circuit, so if you see a 15A recept it could still be a 20A circuit. However, it is not legal to put a 20A recept on a 15A circuit, so if you see one like the right-hand picture it will be a 20A circuit, unless of course some bonehead DIY'er installed the wrong one.....

View attachment 6013

well..

I dont have a single one of those in the new digs...

What is the best gadget to check the amps in outlets?

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
What Rico said - there isn't any kind of instrument that I know of that will tell you ampacity just by plugging it in...

I dont have a single one of those in the new digs...

The only place you're likely to find a 20A recept is where there is ONLY one recept on the circuit - typically where the washing machine plugs in (laundry) and if there is a dedicated outlet for a window (wall) AC unit.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
The problem is that what comes out of the outlet is exactly the same for a 20A circuit and a 15A circuit - until you exceed the trip rating of the 15A breaker - then of course it trips and then nothing comes out.

You could build a tester that plugs in and draws 19A when you push the button - if it doesn't trip the breaker it must be a 20A circuit, if it trips then it was a 15A..... Do you think I would sell many? :clap:

Reactions: dwellpro

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
The problem is that what comes out of the outlet is exactly the same for a 20A circuit and a 15A circuit - until you exceed the trip rating of the 15A breaker - then of course it trips and then nothing comes out.

You could build a tester that plugs in and draws 19A when you push the button - if it doesn't trip the breaker it must be a 20A circuit, if it trips then it was a 15A..... Do you think I would sell many? :clap:

Often times I plug in the dwell pro machines to 15 amp breakers. The Duel 6.6 vac motors that is. It usually won't trip for a few hours even though it's running 18-19amps. Someone back there on page 2 was correct when they said turn out the lights that are on that breaker. This always helps. Rarely do I ever run into trouble. The solution to this problem is to just know where the breaker box is and go turn it back on and plug it into a different outlet and keep working. Or carry around an amp tester that shows what is available. I don't own one but give one to all my customers that rent/lease. All I ever need is a breaker buddy...

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
I'm looking forward to running the Zipper Super Spinner with the Dwell Pro @ 1,000 psi.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom