RE swirls- Hoss

Name
BradFenstermaker
OK every time I clean with Hoss or Rx I can never get the swirls out.
Even with both glided. So what's the trick??
Somebody do a video of the proper way if my problem is operator error plz.
IMG_20151016_105610103_zpsn46zmnfs.jpg
IMG_20151016_122856540_zpsnirhaetb.jpg

Name
BradFenstermaker
IMG_20151016_122916981_zps0pshzeci.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20151016_105610103_zpsn46zmnfs.jpg
    IMG_20151016_105610103_zpsn46zmnfs.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 176
I've had the same problem. Instead of doing long left to right or right to left passes, try doing circular or oval patterns. I've found that it's a lot less likely to leave lines when cleaning this way. It does make it slower though.

Name
BradFenstermaker
I did groom this job with little improvement.
Will try Circle next time.
I was in a job I Rx'd months ago and it still had swirls.
These trashed commercial need RE but not happy with post swirls.
Even wand vac doesn't do much.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Use the rounded glides on cgd. I did that to my insurance agents carpet. Crb. Scrubbed, brushed by hand. They are still in his office.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Post wanding with a little steam could remove marks if its piled carpet not sure about commercial

Name
Nate W.
IMHO, I believe it to be the overlap of the cleaning head making the pile reversal.... High heat, plus how much you overlap could be setting it....

What was your water temp at? What type of carpet nylon, poly, ect......

Mike Draper

I once permanently heat set the carpet on a commercial job with my hoss. As a matter of fact, it was a job that i just did again last night. The swirls in the 1 and only room I cleaned with it are still there as vibrant as ever. It was 3 years ago. Last night I used cimex, then zipper. The owner stated its the best its ever looked. Been cleaning it 9 years. I've never used the HOSS on CGD since that job.

Reactions: Todd Millar

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
That is why sapphire also came out with the Teflon/plastic glides to help with the issue. The lines simply are there because as you go from one side to the other the direction from one side of the drive plate is completely the opposite of the other side and to uniformely clean you must overlap and you return along the line you just cleaned. So the pass shows easily, then heat sets it as it drys.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Just cgd with metal or square glides. I haven't had and problems with the rounded glides. I just use the rounded on now.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
It can happen on both but on resi it it more easily correctable.

I think the problem for us has been if we leave those swirl lines on commercial it looks like we just bonneted the carpets when they were paying for hwe.

Then I actually have go back out and show them the hoss or rotovac in action to ensure there perception of value is still intact and without question.

I've had issues with leaving lines on commercial even with the rounded glides. I have two Hoss's and my tech's do a majority of the cleaning. We run the rounded glides because they are a lot less likely to tear seams.

Name
Nate W.
I don't have the Hoss but I do have the 360i... It has happened to me before also... I do believe it looks worse when wet but gets a little better when dry... Since I've gotten the Zipper jr, I've been Cimex/Zipper commercial jobs... For Residential, I haven't had a problem... Nap brush after RE'ing to get rid of the swirls...

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I've never trusted a rotary on cgd. Two aggressive with the heat you are asking for trouble. In my opinion they need to redesign that head. The vac slots are way to small. Your just chocking down the vacuum with those small slots. Longer and larger slots might get rid of the streaking problem although I doubt it. Open it up and the little hair balls would go up and carpet would be drier. It also needs to switch glides quick, not a bunch of little screws. I'm running the Square ones and never going to change them.

Gene

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
I owned an RX 20 for a short period of time 25 plus years ago, I saw no value in the operation as far as time saving, better job, etc. Haven't owned one since, haven't missed it.

Reactions: Jimmy L and Able 1
Name
Marcus
Can't escape some swirls on cgd......I used an rx20 for about 6 years .
Haven't used rx20 in years for that reason
I've had a zipper for 1 1/2 years and am trying to seellmy rx 20
I predicted the time for rotary extractors will be a thing of the past when I first got the zipper
I stand by that prediction
I saw an rx20 for sale for 3800$... Might as well buy a zipper for 2000$

Reactions: ronbeatty
Name
BradFenstermaker
Whale wish I wood of seen a thread about this a few months ago, before I bought the Hoss. I don't have room on my short bus for tile tools, 175, re, 2 wands, etc.
I don't think I can get .30 a ft here for all the additional steps to do on some of the trashed commercial I do. RE is my answer but not good to be praying they don't call us and ask for new carpet.

PM me is your interested in a lightly used Hoss 2nd gen. Have metal and square Teflon. Seriously!

Mike Draper

Taco and Mikey have been telling me for years I need an RE.

Have I out waited the fad?

I remember when I first got on here talking about the zipper. Was probably one of the first to get one must have been 7-8 years ago. I had to defend my decision becuase it was a dumb fad.

Reactions: Total_Rookie

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I remember when I first got on here talking about the zipper. Was probably one of the first to get one must have been 7-8 years ago. I had to defend my decision becuase it was a dumb fad.

Some people are just faster than the rest. Loved it the second I saw it. Never looked back.

Gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom