RE swirls- Hoss

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Turn your heat down it will jelp keep from getting permenant marks.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Cutting threw grease today pretty easily.

Attachments

• 1018151441a.jpg
    1018151441a.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 186

Able 1

Name
Keith
I remember when I first got on here talking about the zipper. Was probably one of the first to get one must have been 7-8 years ago. I had to defend my decision becuase it was a dumb fad.

Might have also been the first guy talking up the first Rotovac 360,
Which was a POS.. Spin Master..

Mike Draper

the first rotovac 360 out cleaned any wand thats made today and will still outlcean any wand 175 combo in residential. I dont have a bit of shame bragging that thing up. quality wise, it was a pos, but it gave my compettion a run for its money.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence
After you extract go over the same area with a dry pass in a differant pattern and you won't have the swirl marks. Also Groom as you go.

I don't agree with that statement. On commercial carpet once the line is in the carpet, it is in there for good. I've dry stroked and groomed till I'm blue in the face and it doesn't fix the problem.

Reactions: FB7777

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Have I out waited the fad?
No way its just as Draper said about the Zipper its no fad.

A shift, its a paradigm shift. Its foolish to think the wand with its minor changes over the last 50-years is tool of choice. Look at how everything else we use has changed in time.

RE's are here to stay, they clean better those without them can come up with millions of reasons why they don't need one but the honest truth is a person, any person cannot sling a wand and expect results anywhere near that of an RE. Sure you can do things to improve your results over "just a wand", use a Cimex, CRB, 175 & floor pad but its more time & more labor just to try to equal that of an RE.

The modern RE is lighter so its easier to carry in & out of the van, yet doesn't compromise any on its effectiveness. They kick ass and are a "must have" in the residential setting.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott

nasty commercial, at a car dealership service waiting area

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
No way its just as Draper said about the Zipper its no fad.

A shift, its a paradigm shift. Its foolish to think the wand with its minor changes over the last 50-years is tool of choice. Look at how everything else we use has changed in time.

RE's are here to stay, they clean better those without them can come up with millions of reasons why they don't need one but the honest truth is a person, any person cannot sling a wand and expect results anywhere near that of an RE. Sure you can do things to improve your results over "just a wand", use a Cimex, CRB, 175 & floor pad but its more time & more labor just to try to equal that of an RE.

The modern RE is lighter so its easier to carry in & out of the van, yet doesn't compromise any on its effectiveness. They kick ass and are a "must have" in the residential setting.
Richard, I totally disagree, all the RE's are a pain in the neck and arms. The power cord is always wrapped around something and they are heavier to carry than a wand. If you have the right chemistry I can clean anything with a wand.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Ron its ok for you to disagree. :winky:

BUT you're still WRONG! :biggrin:

I agree with Desk Jockey, A rotary moves around the fiber, digs out more hair, lint, sand, and cleans nearly 360 degrees of the fiber, a wand cannot dig out some of the heavy soils because it has to spray threw the fiber to rinse out the deep down stuff which means you would have to either use a crb to dig out the crap or crank your pressure way up to literally blow out the soil. i will stick with my rotaries. and avoid the over wetting, and problems that it brings.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
If they are so good why do I always read threads about needing different spray bars, flow controls, glides etc. sounds like pain in the a-- to me.

Name
Nate W.
If they are so good why do I always read threads about needing different spray bars, flow controls, glides etc. sounds like pain in the a-- to me.

It still comes down to the user of the tool.... The more experience you have using a tool, you learn the limitations/benefits of said tool.... A seasoned pro at using an RE will know when to use it and when not too.... I know it's not rocket science, just clean carpet...

Reactions: Desk Jockey

hogjowl

Idiot™
Yeah, but if you prescrub with a 175 and rinse with a Zipper, you don't have swirls in the carpet that won't come out.

And that is what this tread is about.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom