RE swirls- Hoss

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Yes but you could say the same about TM's because there are many posts about issues with TM's. :winky:

Alot of people like to customize their crap to make it the way they want. one tool setup 1 way doesn't clean everything. It's all about finding out what works for you and what your preferences are.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
This business is easy, some just want to make it harder on themselves. :winky:

1) Zipper
2) RE any of the newer models RX-20 is not newer
3) Cimex
4) dual jet or more long handled stair tool.

Its so easy...its cheesy! :biggrin:

Name
BradFenstermaker
Thanks for the videos Scott. I will wtch them later.

Chavez and Marty plz take your reach around flirting to its own thread. Thanks

Marty sounds like the Cleanco is working out great.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
This is exactly the reason I bought my first drag wand and then later the zipper years ago. I was tired of leaving swirls in my commercial that where all but permanent. I did find if I kept my temp down I was less likely to leave permanent swirls. Now I use my cimex for agitation and my zipper for extraction, or if it's really trashed and impacted my cx-15. The cx-15 gets that extra agitation without swirl marks on commercial carpet. Can't wait till that SS comes out! I have found that over time and repeat cleanings the swirls will eventually go away if you quit using a RE. But it will take a few years. My RE is strictly residential now but I also wouldn't be without it.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I love my Zipper Wands... I really do.. My family is instructed to bury me with it... Lol

But there is just sometimes I need my Rotovac 360 XL's... "

Not every carpet needs an RE... But there are just some days I need to dig it out and use it... Not everyday and not every week...

But there is just sometimes it is the magic...

Yeah.... And I am a tool junkie :(

I will have to enroll in a 12 step program someday.... :)

Until then... I keep adding to the Arsenal of weapons at my ready :)

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I do not have the experience with rje on commercial carpet. I clean residential with the Rotovac 360i quad head.

I have found that I need to turn the heat down on my fuel oil burner Steam Way Powermatic when I rotary jet extract. I can avoid the heat distortion streaking and the swirl marks with less heat, faster movement over the carpet, and by a 90 degree cleaning pass after the initial cleaning passes, followed by a dry pass and then groom.

I used to use the twin head original RV and that produced tighter swirls that were more difficult to remove.

Name
BradFenstermaker
10-4 on dropping the heat down. Spoke with Scott this am and thats the first thing he said too.
In gerneral 50% overlap or can I do a 1/3 overlap?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
If they are so good why do I always read threads about needing different spray bars, flow controls, glides etc. sounds like pain in the a-- to me.

Because people have money to spend and like to spend it on this crap.

Yeah, but if you prescrub with a 175 and rinse with a Zipper, you don't have swirls in the carpet that won't come out.

Don't use the rotary on commercial if you are worried. I don't use it for exactly this reason, but in the home... Nothing cleans better.

You guys know there is a spinny thing on the bottom that agitates the carpet as you use it.

Name
Marcus
IMO Rx20 has about 10% of agitation as a scrubber.......
With the zipper...no swirls, no raking, no elec. cord......
This whole discusion shows my prediction a 1 1/2 years ago.....
Rotary extractors are fading fast, they are always going to be around, but they will go the way of the
Unglided wand...I still see unguided wands.....
I remember these same discussions about glides 8-10 years ago....it will be the same with these rotaries....
There is a new sheriff in town!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom