Doug
dang son you need to focus :shock: :shock:

And the reactor is a 45

19598858.jpg

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
FOCUS...on paddys day.......out of your cotton pick,n mind...hard to even stay vertical

Scott Rogers

That is a pretty impressive looking TM, I personally dont care for the blower exhaust sticking out the side like that though. Wouldnt take much more work to run it through the floor to under the van.

Also, the gas can mounted in the van is a big issue. Especially in California. wait till the Fire Marshal - OSHA - or insurance adjuster sees that. I would get a external gas tank. Maybe small companies like Jerry's dont get inspected like the larger companies do, but We were inspected every year.

Scott,

When I ship the unit to Greenie to be installed in Cu's van, it was supposed to be temporary, just for the show, but Cu seemed to like the unit, so I told him to just keep using it. As far as the temporary gas tank, we are installing a fuel cell under the van. Or we may convert the engine to LP. The silencer on the side of the tank can be mounted under the van, if room allows.

PictureorVideo208.jpg

The main objective of the silencing system, was to demonstrate the performance of a 45 blower on a single wand. The plumbing system of the blower has virtually no back pressure and the exhaust of the silencer has no blower noise.
At the show, the unit was ran on 400 feet of vacuum hose and the vacuum at the wand was very impressive. A properly plumed 45 has more cfm than can physically go through the wand.

Thanks,
Les

Scott Rogers

Good Les. I would hate to give Bill Bane another front page add for his weak ass eletro mounts.

I also noticed the use of very small pulleys on the blower and engine. I know this is a newer model, but dont you expect quick wear on the belts do to slippage with such a small pulley? Why not use bigger ones?

thanks
Scott

Scott Rogers said:
Good Les. I would hate to give Bill Bane another front page add for his weak ass eletro mounts.

I also noticed the use of very small pulleys on the blower and engine. I know this is a newer model, but dont you expect quick wear on the belts do to slippage with such a small pulley? Why not use bigger ones?

thanks
Scott

Scott,

I don't know why other manufacturers have to use scare tactics to sell their machines.
There are more TNT truck mounts than any other one machine in the market today, and I don't know of anyone who has had a fire with a TNT.
If they did, they never called us.

We have always used 3V belts. Each belt delivers 9 HP. A set of belts on a Judson TNT, last about 4 years.
The pump pulley comes with a 6" pulley on the clutch. This means that we must go with a 3.35 on the engine to keep the pump from over reving.
Then we come off the engine pulley to the blower with a 3.65 with 3 belts.
The total drive to the blower is close to 30 HP. The blower under full vacuum draws around 9.
It's just a good proven belt system that we have always used.

Thanks,
Les

Scott Rogers

If you ever used a Bane you would know why they need to use scare tactics. LOL

What size is that blower? Your website only says it a tri-lobe.

What type of diverter system does the heat exchanger have?

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
Duane Oxley said:
200 degrees... ATM...?

One thing that I have been impressed with what I am hearing about this machine is that it is designed to deliver 200 solidly at a much higher flow, all on a NO BACKPRESSURE 45 blower. This is huge for the engine and longevity of the machine. Personally, I think there are ways to still capture the heat from the blower, without building backpressure, but I'm not a TM builder.

Any machine that will sustain 200 on a greenhorn is going to be pretty good. My maxx470 will out do that, but at what cost? My machine was more, and we all know that HM has known backpressure issues if you don't maintain the equipment properly.

I'd like to know how the machine can not divert and not bypass, without BLOWING UP the HX's or pressure lines coming out of them!

Scott Rogers

Well I dont see why you couldnt pre-heat the water box with the blower exhaust, that should give you a few more degree's and make it easier to sustain flow.

Personally I would like to see much more then 200 at the mount though. Stanley Steemer units run 220 or so at the mount with a 04 wand, but cant maintain flow. When dual wanding with 2 04 wands the water is cold.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
04 flow is so 1995...12 or higher. I would much rather have 180 at 12 flow than 220 at 04....ANYDAY OF THE WEEK!

You will get much higher temps to the fibre at this flow, trust me.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Kevin Bunce said:
[quote="Duane Oxley":34pcxjlv]200 degrees... ATM...?
I'd like to know how the machine can not divert and not bypass, without BLOWING UP the HX's or pressure lines coming out of them![/quote:34pcxjlv]

because it puts it back through the water cooled engine aka radiator...

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Scott Rogers said:
That is a pretty impressive looking TM, I personally dont care for the blower exhaust sticking out the side like that though. Wouldnt take much more work to run it through the floor to under the van.

Also, the gas can mounted in the van is a big issue. Especially in California. wait till the Fire Marshal - OSHA - or insurance adjuster sees that. I would get a external gas tank. Maybe small companies like Jerry's dont get inspected like the larger companies do, but We were inspected every year.

so mr wizard, tell me where to find a good and decent priced external???

looking for one to mount under the box truck...

and no i dont want to fuel tap for multipule reasons

Scott Rogers

floorguy said:
[so mr wizard, tell me where to find a good and decent priced external???

looking for one to mount under the box truck...

and no i dont want to fuel tap for multipule reasons

Love the mister wizard comment, shows you maturity level .

When it comes to a major safety issue cost should not be a concern. I dont have time right now to do a bunch of research for you, but here are two options. If you cant find one that will work from them, let me know and I will find more.

http://www.docskustom.com/universal_tanks.htm

http://www.gastanks.com/departments.asp?dept=1

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
floorguy said:
Kevin Bunce said:
[quote="Duane Oxley":2zuuvv0j]200 degrees... ATM...?
I'd like to know how the machine can not divert and not bypass, without BLOWING UP the HX's or pressure lines coming out of them!
[/quote:2zuuvv0j]

Just to be clear, I didn't say / ask about the potential of "blowing up" anything. I know how the system works and that's not really a concern.

I couldn't read the temperature gauge, so I asked what it's reading. It looked to me like it was about 200 degrees, and I was asking about that...

Back
Top Bottom