Rotovac unveils new 3/4 HP motor for 360XL in Atlanta

Robert Webb

Name
Robert Webb
I have a zipper and XL and still tend to grab my old faithful wand when doing residential. I'm not totally convinced that anything more then old faithful is really necessary on residential. (Unless it is just trashed)

Reactions: ronbeatty

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I have a zipper and XL and still tend to grab my old faithful wand when doing residential. I'm not totally convinced that anything more then old faithful is really necessary on residential. (Unless it is just trashed)
Do you clean much residential?

How much have you used your XL on residential?

Do you use an in line filter like the Devastator?

Have you noticed a difference not only in the appearance of the clean carpet (Fluffy) but also in the mountains of crap you are pulling from the customers home?

Are you using agitation when cleaning residential?

What do you use?

Reactions: Lint Basket

Robert Webb

Name
Robert Webb
Do you clean much residential?

How much have you used your XL on residential?

Do you use an in line filter like the Devastator?

Have you noticed a difference not only in the appearance of the clean carpet (Fluffy) but also in the mountains of crap you are pulling from the customers home?

Are you using agitation when cleaning residential?

What do you use?
That's a lot of questions.... I do about 35 percent residential, I use an in line filter and yes when I use the XL it definitely gets more crap out. But on the average job, if you never saw the filter you wouldn't know the difference. So yes the XL does a better job but it also slows down our production. Especially on 1 man crews.

Sir James

Name
Jim Cross
In an effort to improve the "XL's" performance on thick pile carpet, cotton pad driving and when mounted with the new metal vacuum shoe carpet brush head, the new 360XL is now equipped with a 3/4 horse motor. An industry first for Rotary Extractors.

The unit shown here with optional metal and Teflon brush heads.

View attachment 14219

Owners of both 360 models that have switched to the Brush Head options are finding that they can use less water pressure, pay less attention to their cleaning pattern to avoid streaking and clean at a faster rate. Inline lint filters are noticeably filling faster and with more sand and grit content as well.
Do we know how much much more the 3/4 horse XL weighs and how much did it increase The price?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Oh. I used to do that too.

I feel like the rotary extractor has really changed the overall level of cleaning we deliver in every home.

Do you feel like you are able to price where you need to or are you trying to win customers by low pricing?

What separates you from the "other guys" in your area?

Reactions: Lint Basket

Robert Webb

Name
Robert Webb
What separates me is the 27 years of business, the customer service they receive, the personal attention they get and the guarantee they receive. Which is why I retain a very high repeat rate. I may have 1 or 2 callbacks a year. I have commercial clients that have been with me since year 1, managers who fight to keep me when corporate says to go with someone else and residential customers who refer me to all their friends.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Service is king, I'll give you that.

But are you delivering a superior product?

All cleaning is a matter of degree so I believe there is value in all levels of cleaning. BUT some levels of cleaning are MORE VALUABLE $$$.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Crb and ti wand is the best for two man crews..

I just can't think of a way to be able to clean efficiently with a RE.. I've used them and they just seem so slow for every day use.
I think you're probably right, for 2 man crews.

With practice, the rotary can become a very efficient system for a 1 man show though.

Reactions: Able 1

Able 1

Name
Keith
Russ I love your enthusiasm, and believe me, I know your customers are getting top notch cleaning(hope you are charging alot)..

How long does it take for you to clean 4 rooms with RE?

My customers notice the difference in other ways: has all his teef,on time,told a joke or two.. It's not hard to stand out in this business! The CRB alone puts me over 85% of what guys do here(might be higher).. :eekk: I think not smelling might give me 8% alone..:biggrin:

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Russ I love your enthusiasm, and believe me, I know your customers are getting top notch cleaning(hope you are charging alot)..

How long does it take for you to clean 4 rooms with RE?

My customers notice the difference in other ways: has all his teef,on time,told a joke or two.. It's not hard to stand out in this business! The CRB alone puts me over 85% of what guys do here(might be higher).. :eekk: I think not smelling might give me 8% alone..:biggrin:
Thanks Keith!

I really do think you're right about cleaning with a CRB and wand. I bet you guys move considerably faster while delivering a pretty comparable product.

My pricing is on the higher end of my market but not crazy at all. I only pay Mel and I so there's quite a bit of meat on some of the bones I get!

You're also right, that it's not hard to stand out against most of the competition. I've been in the service industry my whole life and sometimes look at other industries and try to understand how THEY set themselves apart.

We want our customers to receive the best service they've ever had, in any industry. I do understand how crazy high that sets the bar but that's what we should shoot for. Jim Bardwell did an awesome Webinar and mentioned understanding the different personality styles of your customers. So much of what he had to say about service was exceptional and few even consider shooting for such a high level.

4 rooms will vary obviously but if I'm imagining a living room, hall, and 2 bedrooms that are holding a very average amount of soil and stains... 2 hours, maybe a little longer. This includes moving a sofa, love seat, maybe a coffee table. I'd prespray, get the edges with my vac hose while allowing for dwell time, and clean my way into each room with the RE. When I reach the far point, I dry my way back out. It's a very deep clean and leaves the carpet pretty dry in 4-8 hours. I chase myself around with air movers to speed the drying process.

Mike shared a prep letter on here probably a year or two ago. I copied it almost verbatim with just a few modifications. We ask the customer to vacuum...and they do....usually pretty well. Vacuuming throws a HUGE wrench in my game, time wise. I pack an 18" Royal for the times when it is necessary. The prep letter mentions EVERYTHING. Even getting the cars and pets and kids out of the way so I can do my job! It's worded a little nicer, but the letter has helped to set the stage for us to really shine.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Thanks Keith!

I really do think you're right about cleaning with a CRB and wand. I bet you guys move considerably faster while delivering a pretty comparable product.

My pricing is on the higher end of my market but not crazy at all. I only pay Mel and I so there's quite a bit of meat on some of the bones I get!

You're also right, that it's not hard to stand out against most of the competition. I've been in the service industry my whole life and sometimes look at other industries and try to understand how THEY set themselves apart.

We want our customers to receive the best service they've ever had, in any industry. I do understand how crazy high that sets the bar but that's what we should shoot for. Jim Bardwell did an awesome Webinar and mentioned understanding the different personality styles of your customers. So much of what he had to say about service was exceptional and few even consider shooting for such a high level.

4 rooms will vary obviously but if I'm imagining a living room, hall, and 2 bedrooms that are holding a very average amount of soil and stains... 2 hours, maybe a little longer. This includes moving a sofa, love seat, maybe a coffee table. I'd prespray, get the edges with my vac hose while allowing for dwell time, and clean my way into each room with the RE. When I reach the far point, I dry my way back out. It's a very deep clean and leaves the carpet pretty dry in 4-8 hours. I chase myself around with air movers to speed the drying process.

Mike shared a prep letter on here probably a year or two ago. I copied it almost verbatim with just a few modifications. We ask the customer to vacuum...and they do....usually pretty well. Vacuuming throws a HUGE wrench in my game, time wise. I pack an 18" Royal for the times when it is necessary. The prep letter mentions EVERYTHING. Even getting the cars and pets and kids out of the way so I can do my job! It's worded a little nicer, but the letter has helped to set the stage for us to really shine.
Russ, I love the energy you bring to the board, you make all of us want to step up our game. I noticed you saying that you get the edges with the vac hose. Have you ever thought about using an edging tool? They sell long handled edging tools at PMF for about $300.00

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I've definitely thought of using an edger but never tried.

Is it effective on the dry soil in the corners?

Able 1

Name
Keith

With just a good helper that can easily be cut in half! I can do 4 rooms and a hall in under an hour(EVERYTHING crb'd).. And I don't care what we move, or the stains we treat, it's an hour!

Having Mel answer the phone when it rings is huge, probably get like a positive 20% for that also..

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I live with the irrational fear that the phone is going to just stop ringing.

It's a curse I think

Reactions: Able 1

Mikey P

Administrator
With just a good helper that can easily be cut in half! I can do 4 rooms and a hall in under an hour(EVERYTHING crb'd).. And I don't care what we move, or the stains we treat, it's an hour!

Having Mel answer the phone when it rings is huge, probably get like a positive 20% for that also..

Are you saying you could do 6 jobs a day?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom