Rotovac unveils new 3/4 HP motor for 360XL in Atlanta

Able 1

Name
Keith
It's funny all through the years, I would think I haven't heard from this account, or that account, and think I did something wrong.. I would tell my wife "oh, I lost this account " then they would call within the week.

I keep a close tabs on what is going on in my business..

Last week my wife said Foley, and I told her their address:dejection::eekk:, though I have worked for them 3 times.. We clean 100 jobs a month.

Are you saying you could do 6 jobs a day?

Easily..

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Are you using the 10" CRB?

I need one of those and I'm really interested in the new Devastator wand.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
All cleaning is a matter of degree.
So is all business success.

We all strive to provide our clients with the best cleaning and service, while maintaining a reasonable (good if possible) margin of profit. Otherwise it's a hobby, not a business.

It's a balancing act with which we need to be comfortable with.

Reactions: Able 1 and Russ T.

Lint Basket

Name
Scott Mckay
I used to wand only clean a lot thinking I have the biggest baddest truck on the planet. I would CRB on trashed is all. Then I got a rotary and used that on trashed and got better results. Now I do either rotary or CRB on 100% of my jobs.

My number 1 customer cleans their whole house every 3 months (4 times a year). I have been cleaning their house for over 15 years. Their current carpet is 12 years old and in great shape for having 3 kids and 2 large dogs. I've always just wand cleaned it because of how frequent I visited and it is that delicate sculptured designer nylon stuff. Not to long ago I got the 10" crb so I used it for fun on this job. I was embarrassed at myself.

The 10" CRB is a game changer. If it doesn't need rotary it's getting the 10". At least on the stairs and high traffic.

Russ T. has it going on. Keep doing a better job then the wanders and providing the best service that you possibly can. Your hired.

Reactions: Cleantechsk

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
Are you using the 10" CRB?

I need one of those and I'm really interested in the new Devastator wand.
I have both a 10" and a 15" crb but only carry one on the truck at a time. It seems for me when I had the 10" on I was always wishing I had the 15 but when I have the 15 it's rare that I wish I had the 10. They both have their place but I'm definitely glad that I have my 15.

Reactions: Russ T.

Lint Basket

Name
Scott Mckay
That's a lot of questions.... I do about 35 percent residential, I use an in line filter and yes when I use the XL it definitely gets more crap out. But on the average job, if you never saw the filter you wouldn't know the difference. So yes the XL does a better job but it also slows down our production. Especially on 1 man crews.
What would your customers think if they read this and watched you wand clean their house while your XL is just sitting there.

You might not see the difference the day of. But that grungy crap is still there and in a few days there carpet will look like it did before you shined the surface.

Robert Webb

Name
Robert Webb
What would your customers think if they read this and watched you wand clean their house while your XL is just sitting there.

You might not see the difference the day of. But that grungy crap is still there and in a few days there carpet will look like it did before you shined the surface.
I really like these forums most of the time, but there are alot of 'professionals' who think there way is the only way. The way I see it is success is measured by how long your able to stay in business and live a good life. We won't agree on everything in carpet cleaning, but it doesn't make either of us wrong. For example, look at the 'leaders' in our industry who go to the trade shows and can't agree on the best chemicals or even the best method of cleaning... but we are all successful in our own way, and we do what works for us. Yes, I could go into my neighbors house and spend all day vacuuming, crb, rotary followed by wanding and drying... but is all that necessary? And what about the companies using hired help? Do they put in the effort us owners do? Bottom line, we won't agree on everything, so let's enjoy learning from each other and incorporating new ideas instead of trashing each other's methods.

Robert Webb

Name
Robert Webb
not if uses an RBE and you're only using a wand you wont..
I think your losing site of reality here, this is fabrics we are dealing with, not hard metals. There will always be something else down in there that needs to come out. I guarantee there would be something in my filter no matter how many amazing tools are used.

Mikey P

Administrator
My mom always use to say "I'm doing my best " when I asked (pleaded) with her to exercise more.

It drove me nuts because in her mind getting up to go to the fridge and back was "her best"..

Now she can't get out of bed due to atrophy.

She figured exercise wasn't necessary and I wouldn't know any better..

Do your best Robert, somebody IS watching.

Last edited:

Robert Webb

Name
Robert Webb
My mom always use to say "I'm doing my best " when I asked pleaded with her to exercise more.

It drove me nuts because in her mind getting up to go to the fridge and back was "her best"..

Not she can't get out of bed due to atrophy.

She figured exercise wasn't necessary and I wouldn't know any better..

Do your best Robert, somebody IS watching.
That's why I'm still in business... people are watching and like what they see.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
All cleaning is a matter of degree and there's value in all levels, unless the tech is literally doing damage to the structure they are cleaning :eekk:.

But the point is that there's more value in a high level of cleaning. Yes, it takes longer and more expensive tools and the education and experience to put it all together.

I'm not even saying that the "premium" road is the only one to travel to good profit. It sounds like you know better than that and so do I.

Mike made a great point with that story about his mom. Some guys are obsessed with always looking to do a better job than the next guy and to be better than they were last year or month. I'm like that and wouldn't feel comfortable doing it the same way for 27 years. I'm not beating up on you, just trying to make a point.

Reactions: Lint Basket

Robert Webb

Name
Robert Webb
All cleaning is a matter of degree and there's value in all levels, unless the tech is literally doing damage to the structure they are cleaning :eekk:.

But the point is that there's more value in a high level of cleaning. Yes, it takes longer and more expensive tools and the education and experience to put it all together.

I'm not even saying that the "premium" road is the only one to travel to good profit. It sounds like you know better than that and so do I.

Mike made a great point with that story about his mom. Some guys are obsessed with always looking to do a better job than the next guy and to be better than they were last year or month. I'm like that and wouldn't feel comfortable doing it the same way for 27 years. I'm not beating up on you, just trying to make a point.

No one said I'm doing it the same way since day 1. My equipment is always top of the line, buying new every 5 years. My tools are always improving, using different setups in regards to vacuum, filters and pressure. I have rotarys and zippers.... all I said was when it comes to residential I have no problem using a wand versus all these other tools... doesn't mean I don't use them.

My Gosh.... I might as well go back to *** lol.

Reactions: Lint Basket

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
...........You might not see the difference the day of. But that grungy crap is still there and in a few days there carpet will look like it did before you shined the surface.
Could be the way you cleaned Scott.

I've been to many of my clients' homes a year and more after the cleaning and the carpet still looked great. And some it starts looking grungy pretty quickly. Same cleaning. Mostly dependent on what's going on in their home, their life style, pets, kids, how frequently they clean the kitchen floor, etc. In short- how much they care.

I'm sure that you're happy with your truck and new toys and that you strive to do that best that you can be. There are many ways to clean, yours is but one of them.

In reality, how hyper clean your cleaned carpets are, will only account but for a small portion of your business success.

Lint Basket

Name
Scott Mckay
Could be the way you cleaned Scott.

I've been to many of my clients' homes a year and more after the cleaning and the carpet still looked great. And some it starts looking grungy pretty quickly. Same cleaning. Mostly dependent on what's going on in their home, their life style, pets, kids, how frequently they clean the kitchen floor, etc. In short- how much they care.

I'm sure that you're happy with your truck and new toys and that you strive to do that best that you can be. There are many ways to clean, yours is but one of them.

In reality, how hyper clean your cleaned carpets are, will only account but for a small portion of your business success.
When you admittedly leave a pile of crud left in the carpet, is it clean or are you selling smoke and mirrors?

Lint Basket

Name
Scott Mckay
Put this back into context. This is a rotovac thread.... People started saying that they think it doesn't make financial sense to use it and think there wand is all they need. Robert Webb was not the only one saying that.

I have a handful of customers that I have cleaned for years that I used to only wand clean. Then I crb and wand cleaned. Then I rotovac cleaned and the roto was night and day. Just last week I cleaned a house that I've done for years. There living room was always a nightmare to clean, even with the crb. Last year I hit it with the rotovac. Last week when I showed up to clean again it still looked better then it had in over 6 years. Believe me they asked and made sure I was going to use that spinny thing again on "ALL" their carpet. They couldn't believe I restored it after all those years of trying.

And yes it does have a huge impact on the success of your business.

Experience says everything.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I think the vast majority of real world cleaners are still using a prespray with wand rinse and a few spotters.

Add a little business sense to these ingredients and you can definitely be successful.

But we are talking about the deepest cleaning beast in the cc industry here. This is for the tech that refuses to be shown up.

It's a powerful thing ($$$), to know that you're competition is not cleaning to the level you are.

Robert Webb

Name
Robert Webb
Every situation is different, there isnt only one way to clean. Last week I was in a home that I was rotovacing, believe it or not, and after getting less then desired results I pulled out the wand and it did a better job. Ive had that same thing happen with a zipper. Not all homes are the same and not GREAT cleaning methods work on every job. Being a professional means being willing to step back and change your methods based on situations. If rotarys are the end all greatest, lets just get rid of everything else and make it all about that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom