Sapphire goodies

Walt

I plan on buying the filter box when it becomes available. Looks great.

As for the wand I am very interested in the technology. At first glance I have my doubts of it's effectiveness on longer fibers and it's ability to penetrate. I'd like to test one, if I like it I will buy it.

Overall, the website is best looking I've seen.

Farenheit251

According to my distributor the wand will spray water out a great distance(10 feet??) so it is not like a Drimaster. He also said the guy designing the truckmounts was the mastermind behind Prochem and this is like his 43rd machine he designed,possibly his last and he wanted to make the best machine ever.

Farenheit251

Also I heard the price for the filter box was $495 and $895 for the wand so it appears they are trying to offer competetive pricing. Much appreciated.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
i've got 6 filter boxes and 2 wands on order. I will be offering the boxes to mb'ers first.Pre-order will get free shipping.
I 100% think these are the best filter idea ever. If you want 1 2.5" to 2 2" ports let me know as standard is 2x2

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I can see air leakage around that filter box.

And what are the quick connects on it for?

Bob Foster

FB.jpg

A few things occur to me but I haven't seen these in person.

Nice basket size.

They look like they take up a lot of real estate in what is normally a space constrained area.

They require repositioning and maybe removal to clean them out and a lot of unfastening and refastening to service the filter.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I think the solution line split is uneeded.

And I want to see the wand in a video too.

Infact does the BENTLEY and EVOLUTION wands have a video?

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
What's the advantage of the external filter? I have filters in my waste tank.

STOP GLOBAL COOLING!

Mike Draper

Hey Jimmy, why don't you quit bitching about it and make something better. Don't you have anything positive to say? It's a brilliant filter idea, it won't break apart like those cheap plastic POS's that everyone ends up replacing 2x a year. As far as marketing goes, It would be smart for the carpet cleaners to set this up just inside of the front door and then at the end of the cleaning present it to the customer as a display of how much shit we pulled out of your carpet. How many cleaners do this? I think it would work great for the custy to remember you and set you apart from the other hacks. just my opinion...

John La Rue said:
What's the advantage of the external filter? I have filters in my waste tank.

STOP GLOBAL COOLING!
Filtering all the crap out before it gets to your waste tank and not having to climb in the back of your truck to clean out the filter in the waste tank. The filter box allows you to clean the filter without getting in your truck.(accessible through side door) I have one on my TWave and love it. The new box looks great and I wouldnt mind getting the new design.

Mikey P

Administrator
Greenie and I cleaned with the Wand prototype today.

Very promising.

Changes I would need to see to buy one would be a regular trigger/valve (that water really does shoot out 10 ft :shock: )
A traditional assist handle and some slight mods to the glide/spray bar parts that Studes tells us is already done.

The thing really cleans deep and well. Very impressive.
Dries as well as my GGlided too.

Love the see through top plate though it will really slow the Werners of us here down big time watching the water and soil come up and out.

Bob Foster

Sounds very encouraging. When you say deep clean does it clean deeper than your Greenhorn or Ti? With less passes? Faster?

Steve Smith

Mikey P said:
hell yes.

10 ft!

I thought you didn't want to clean deep?

If you do, why do you angle the jets toward your glide?

What do I think of Sapphire goodies.
Not impressed at all.
I don't use a prefilter.
The wand does nothing for me.
I have not and would never use an acid rinse.
The truckmount ... does it even heat the water?

On the positive, I think some people like all their equipment to match.
So If you use all Dri-eaz (Sapphire) equipment, you can have the same color air movers, dehu's, wand, filterbox, truckmount, etc..
I did notice in the pictures from the Dri-eaz event, the vacuum hose was a regular blue, I would have thought Dri-Eaz would use the same Dri-Eaz blue as there fans, etc.. for there vacuum hose.

Walt

Any idea how well the wand will handle high heat and lift? Any idea what the equivalent flow would be? Seems like it might be very taxing of the heat exchangers.

Mikey P

Administrator
We ran it w/o the flow restrictor.
It put out close to 3 gallons per minute and did fine with my HX at 500 psi AND my TI wand running in another room.

The prototype was made entirely of metals so I have no idea how the Roto handles the heat and flex

Name
Kevin McCreary
BrianE said:
According to my distributor the wand will spray water out a great distance(10 feet??) so it is not like a Drimaster. He also said the guy designing the truckmounts was the mastermind behind Prochem and this is like his 43rd machine he designed,possibly his last and he wanted to make the best machine ever.

Best machine ever? So why make a air cooled machine with a small blower? Duane Oxley has been making a better machine than that for a decade or so.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I like the filter box and the idea of spiting the solution lines it could come in handy
also makes a nice 4 to the door set up with a filter

The only concern I would have is how much stuff would collect on the side where the ports are and would it start clogging up and restricting the flow

John Olson

Name
John Olson
That isn't correct curtis.Lots of people liked the wand me included. Major problem was short people (5'9" an uuder) couldn't use it well. It does not need a trigger even though mike thinks it does. once you re-learn your wand stroke it makes sense. The ergo handle while looking crazy also makes perfet sense after using it. It is just so radically different people with closed minds who hate change will resit it but I think keith and his dad are 1-2 changes away from one of the best ideas ever

Name
John LaBarbera
Walrus said:
I think the solution line split is uneeded.

And I want to see the wand in a video too.

Infact does the BENTLEY and EVOLUTION wands have a video?

The Bentley doesn't have a video, but that's a great idea. I'll see if I can get my art guy to work on that. The Bentley is now made with a carbon fiber 2" tube and weighs about 9.5 lbs. It also comes with a 2" swivel Cool Cuff. Because it now swivels on both ends we are thinking of giving the Bentley a first name. How about Elvis? MSRP $699.00

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom