Shear dry

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Using my new shear dry tool on vertical blinds today. 3 windows in 1.5 hours for $257.00. you can see the shear dry tool fits perfectly over the vanes. I cup the vane in one hand and run the tool up and down the length. Much easier than my Pmf tool. Using the tool wide open at 200 psi and no over spray.
IMG_20171115_111415.jpg
IMG_20171115_111438.jpg

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Its a good tool that in some ways is better than the SS tool (better flush, slightly better ergonomics, better trigger, and it will allow better detailing, reaching into tighter spaces etc).

However it will over spray (unless you find a blind that perfectly matches it's width.) If it did not over spray, imho it will be the top tool.

Reactions: GeeeAus

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It does have good design, it should. It was ripped off. :errf:

Although some dumbass screwed the pooch and didn't improve it. No they turned it into a windshield cleaner. If you don't maintain contact with the surface you get overspray.

Only an IDIOT would think it's a better tool than the Sapphire Upholstery Tool. Present company excluded of course. :biggrin:

Sorry Ofer. :biggrin:

I know we all have different opinions. Unfortunately opinions are like buttholes...most of them stink! :eekk:

Reactions: Total_Rookie

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Try it Richard. Just like I listened to you about the SS tool, regardless of my initial impression.
Short of that flaw, which is a big one and may be the deciding factor, it's a better tool.

I don't care (unless it is a rip off of someone like Zipper Eric. I will never buy a bonzer no matter how cheap it is) who steals from whom. They all do.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I used it at the Ronald McDonald house. I figured why not clown around with a funky tool. :winky:

I could never look Keith Studebaker in the eyes again if I bought one.

Yeah I know there is a lot of ripping each other off, but I don't have to condone it.

Some peoples just don't have an original idea. :winky:

However I waz just kidding, I do respect your opinion on tools. (Not Marty) :biggrin:

Reactions: Bob Pruitt and ruff
Name
Nate W.
I used it at the Ronald McDonald house. I figured why not clown around with a funky tool. :winky:

I could never look Keith Studebaker in the eyes again if I bought one.

Yeah I know there is a lot of ripping each other off, but I don't have to condone it.

Some peoples just don't have an original idea. :winky:

However I waz just kidding, I do respect your opinion on tools. (Not Marty) :biggrin:

So say you were to get one for free, could you still look Stewie in the eyes?!? :lol:

@Studebaker

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I really like the Clear head on the SS tool. Like the feedback it gives.
I haven't cleaned blinds this way so will be on the lookout for this work. 1.5$ each?

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Bob were the yellow hotel cushions natural fiber or a blend? Any problem drying them?
The Church Pews from H... Olefin. I know that it was important to pre-vacuum to remove as much dry soil as possible. After vacuuming the change was dramatic...especially the top. Low moisture that the SS tool gives you and the blowers helped prevent wicking that is common with that fabric...olefin is hydrophobic.
I'm no Pemberton but I do learn from my experience/screw ups... I see that fabric commonly on Yachts here and expensive RVs... headliners and walls.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Total job was 103 vanes. 257.50. Took aprox 1.5 hours. I have used both the sapphire and the shear dry and although one may be a copy of the other, each one works a little differently. I liked the sapphire and will probably buy one. The shear dry was cheap at the time. It's lightweight and the flow is controllable. For blind cleaning, I cup my hand around the vane and pull the tool completely down the length in one movement. I do the complete section then turn the vanes the othe way and do the other side. I rarely prespray as that can make a mess. Just using Procyon in the portable. We have millions of fabric verticals out here. The pmf tool works well but tends to spray heavier in the middle, necessitating multiple passes.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I own both and never pull it out over my SS tool.

But lest I offer a response that some don’t care for my PC is they both are good.

The Sheardry feels like it has more bite.

And Saiger likes it so there.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Total job was 103 vanes. 257.50. Took aprox 1.5 hours. I have used both the sapphire and the shear dry and although one may be a copy of the other, each one works a little differently. I liked the sapphire and will probably buy one. The shear dry was cheap at the time. It's lightweight and the flow is controllable. For blind cleaning, I cup my hand around the vane and pull the tool completely down the length in one movement. I do the complete section then turn the vanes the othe way and do the other side. I rarely prespray as that can make a mess. Just using Procyon in the portable. We have millions of fabric verticals out here. The pmf tool works well but tends to spray heavier in the middle, necessitating multiple passes.

And there you go
Cheap
At
The
Time!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
She was very Nice too. I walked through with Mike Monday, so she thought I waz somebody. :lol:

Either that or she could tell I was Mighty. ???

I'm thinking the latter but I suppose it could have been the walk through.

Naww she could tell. :biggrin:

Reactions: jwfoulk12 and ruff

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I also own both and quite a few other upholstery tools. And I also take out the SS first.

Solely due to it not over spraying, which is nice if you prefer not to wash their home's floor, as an added benefit after cleaning. I bet, in that regard, the clients prefer the Shear Dry, as it leaves their floor in immaculate condition :winky:

However, if that's not an issue, (working outside or using a tarp) I feel that SD cleans better and can reach tighter spaces.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I also own both and quite a few other upholstery tools. And I also take out the SS first.

Solely due to it not over spraying, which is nice if you prefer not to wash their home's floor, as an added benefit after cleaning. I bet in that regard the clients will prefer the Shear Dry, as it leaves their floor in immaculate condition :winky:

However, if that's not an issue, (working outside or using a tarp) I feel that SD cleans better and can reach tighter spaces.
I gave you a chance at vindication. But nooooooo! IDIOT! :winky:

Reactions: ruff and Bob Pruitt

SamIam

Name
sam miller

Solely due to it not over spraying, which is nice if you prefer not to wash their home's floor, as an added benefit after cleaning. I bet in that regard the clients will prefer the Shear Dry, as it leaves their floor in immaculate condition :winky:

Word it’s a good tool.

I feel it isn’t as good on delicates because it really has a lot of grab or bite.

But when I edge with the SS I cup the tool
with my hand to edge and detail.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
You are right, Sam, it does have more of a bite. I didn't look close enough, I wonder if it is related to how smooth the plastic that touches the surface is? If that is the case, I wonder if you can fine sand it.
I'll check, next time I pull it out.

It does not seem to leave the two lines the SS tool does on delicate fibers. I definitely have not worked with it as much as the SS.

Reactions: SamIam

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom