Shear dry

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
That's the problem with upholstery tools, everybody has their freaking damn favorite :winky:

The PC tool imho is the best combo tool if you're an upholstery cleaner and a construction worker.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
You are right Ron, it's just that most of the time I am not willing to bring in a bunch of different tools. Though I always have a bunch of upholstery tools in the van. So usually one tries to make the most with the tool you find most convenient and that does the job well. And you compensate for it's shortcomings. How else would you explain people using that wrist breaker called HydroKinetic :winky:

Ron, I agree that the PMF (used it as my main tool for ages) is the best detail tool, it just that the delivery of water is uneven compared to the other tools and it does leave more marks on fabric with nap direction.

Richard, the trigger on the SS tool is as cheap as they come, including the little plastic cap that comes off and they didn't even bother to glue it on. Still a great tool. Cheap bus-turds, for that price they could have sprung for something a little better that does not bend and does not have an exposed sharp end.
I agree with the Pmf. I have learned to balance the pressure with the vac relief to compensate. Still leaves deep vac marks on microfibre or velour. I usually bring 3-3 upholstery tools in. Different sizes and capabilities. They're small, easy to carry.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I admire your devotion. I'll work on mine.
The PMF also works best when you need to deal with buttons that you don't want to wet, yet you can get very close and under without pulling the button, and all around detail.

If you use full vac you can lift the fiber off the foam cushioning while doing your wet and dry passes, which helps with very fast drying. Definitely the best detail tool. Unless you're an Aussie :winky:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I admire your devotion. I'll work on mine.
The PMF also works best when you need to deal with buttons that you don't want to wet, yet you can get very close and under without pulling the button, and all around detail.

If you use full vac you can lift the fiber off the foam cushioning while doing your wet and dry passes, which helps with very fast drying. Definitely the best detail tool. Unless you're an Aussie :winky:
Especially the little 3.5 inch.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's the problem with upholstery tools, everybody has their freaking damn favorite :winky:

The PC tool imho is the best combo tool if you're an upholstery cleaner and a construction worker.
We carry both the Sapphire and the Prochem upholstery tool in our buckhorn totes. I still love the design of the Prochem, it's just heavy. It excels on olefins and flushes well. Extremely hot if you open up the bypass job.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Does the HK clog with hair or fiber like the SS tool and require it to be dismantled to unplug?

Would like a side by side video comparing the two and telling of their faults honestly without bias.

I can't remember the last time I had to clear fuzz from the Hydrokinetic, though I suppose it could happen.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
IMG_1010.JPG
IMG_1013.JPG
IMG_1011.JPG
The Hydrokinetic is a little heavier but more rugged than plastic tools. I use it for its higher cleaning performance while leaving the fabric dryer. I also use heavier 3/8 inch solution hose, 2.5 to 2 inch vac hose, and two inch tubed wand for the same reason.

It's nice to use carpet cleaning pressure and flow and not have to lower either. It cleans in both directions, lifts the fabric up into the tool and shears through the fabric only. The glide helps it hold the fabric in place while easily gliding over the upholstery and the shape makes it easy to fit into the crevices. It's hard not to like the original dry tool.

I have never seen or used the Fast-n-Dry upholstery tool, but my guess is it will work similarly.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Oh my, knock-offs.

But really, I don't care.

In fact, I feel honored. :lol: :very_drunk: :very_drunk:

Yes Ladies & Gents, as alluded to earlier, they do come in all shapes, sizes & dimensions.

If it makes your job easier, or allows someone to buy something that makes their job easier & make more profit, then I'm all for it.

As one makes more profit, THEN, they can improve on their purchases.

Only by personal experience can you find the tool that best suits you & your work ethics.

No-one can tell you what is the very best for you until they walk in your shoes & experience what you have to do and how you can do it.

Cimex Wheels 2.jpg

:yoda:

mmarkovic

Well said Shorty. You Aussies have to pay so much more for US products that innovation has to be about survival.
Ofer, That's the tool I grew up on and you're right about some buttons. I did a chenille cotton sofa that just kept rusting buttons then had to treat it for rust which caused cellulosic wicking in surrounding areas. Finally had to buy the sofa after 9 cleanings. Then I took a class and did it right. My mom got a new sofa.

By the way, free enterprise is not about putting someone else out of business it's about someone else getting into the business and may the fittest survive. The ultimate form of an antitrust in business is a free market which they don't teach well in economics these days.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom