Stair Tool Or Stair Wand - Who uses them?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Cleaning many stairs every day I found this PMF 6" tool, still to be the simplest with best cleaning results
100x100_s1510c_300psi.jpg

Yes, the drawback is that you have to be on your knees. But you keep your back straight and do not have to contort your body. You can clean the nose up close and flush it well. I take the handle off, there's no need for two hands to use it and it is less likely to hit anything.

Yes I know that you guys that clean a couple of stairs once every three months don't like it, but in my experience it still works the best with the best cleaning results.
A whip is necessary, as it allows for better control and flexibility, not struggling in close quarters with a bulky unyielding hose. That is if one is to avoid doing damage to side wall, wood panels or hanging picture frames.

Disagree about the vacuuming doing it mostly. The center and particularly the nose of stairs gets a lot more traffic and a very unique wear and soiling, due to different mechanics of the stepping on a very small area (much more weight per inch) and the "tearing" nature of the movement.
In my experience the nose needs to be cleaned closely and one needs to avoid a jet angle that shoots the dirt further in.

Maybe an 8" will save some time. If there was a way to have it give a little more side protection for over spray. An alternative will be a tool that does not over spray (say like the SS upholstery tool or the PMF internal jet, but much wider) but it will need to have a great flushing ability, none of which have when a thick carpet it involved. I wonder if it can be accomplished?

Mikey P

Administrator
I STILL don't feel a need for a swivel to be on a stair wand.

You and Chavez

What do you call them Marty? "Idiots"?

Don't tell me to don't like or don't see the need for something YOU HAVE NEVER USED more than once.

DONT!

and a two inch hose in a U shaped stairwell or with low ceilings or with photos and paintings on the walls or with nice wood work around or painted metal banisters or thick bullnoses SUCKS!

If each and every one of you here does not have a Hard Floor wand on your trucks by now THAT NEEDS A 1.5 whip that you can also use on Tom's new 1.5 stair wand, than you're a what Marty?

Mikey P

Administrator
Cleaning many stairs every day I found this PMF 6" tool, still to be the simplest with best cleaning results View attachment 19548
Yes, the drawback is that you have to be on your knees. But you keep your back straight and do not have to contort your body. You can clean the nose up close and flush it well. I take the handle off, there's no need for two hands to use it and it is less likely to hit anything.

Yes I know that you guys that clean a couple of stairs once every three months don't like it, but in my experience it still works the best with the best cleaning results.
A whip is necessary, as it allows for better control and flexibility, not struggling in close quarters with a bulky unyielding hose. That is if one is to avoid doing damage to side wall, wood panels or hanging picture frames.

Disagree about the vacuuming doing it mostly. The center and particularly the nose of stairs gets a lot more traffic and a very unique wear and soiling, due to different mechanics of the stepping on a very small area (much more weight per inch) and the "tearing" nature of the movement.
In my experience the nose needs to be cleaned closely and one needs to avoid a jet angle that shoots the dirt further in.

Maybe an 8" will save some time. If there was a way to have it give a little more side protection for over spray. An alternative will be a tool that does not over spray (say like the SS upholstery tool or the PMF internal jet, but much wider) but it will need to have a great flushing ability, none of which have when a thick carpet it involved. I wonder if it can be accomplished?

oh good lord.

Do you do your laundry in a wash tub, on your knees too?

no wonder you have all those great yelp reviews, they hired a 1850's slave for pennies on the dollar.

85eaf208dd0231e687610f0be130de5c.jpg

Reactions: BIG WOOD and ruff

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I'll take that remark.....ahamm........as a compliment.
Once laundered I'll wear it as a badge of honor.

Didn't Dame Edna already say, (you Mike naturally be Madge): The badge Madge

upload_2016-11-22_7-49-30.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: BIG WOOD

doylebloss

Supportive Member
Name
Doyle Bloss
Wow, this thread took a funny turn. Thanks so much for the feedback. Keep it coming.

Yes, Mike, I am very familiar with the great work that Tom is doing and am familiar with his products. 97.453% of the best products in our industry come from a cleaner that was/is doing the work. We will reach out to him.

The issue at this point with any stainless steel wand or tool at a truckmount manufacturer level is one of the same issues that Tom may be facing. You put a lot of engineering, blood, sweat, and tears into a product, work out the kinks, bring it to the market, and if the market loves it, it is only a matter of months before someone has designed around your patent, used your idea, and brought a product to the market that is generally less expensive. If we are going to make a product at this point, it has to be extremely expensive to copy.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
If the product is well made and carpet cleaners like it, the most important thing is being first and largest to market. Yes, people will buy the cheaper knock offs, like the Bonzer, but you will have already extablished your brand.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Wow, this thread took a funny turn. Thanks so much for the feedback. Keep it coming.

Yes, Mike, I am very familiar with the great work that Tom is doing and am familiar with his products. 97.453% of the best products in our industry come from a cleaner that was/is doing the work. We will reach out to him.

The issue at this point with any stainless steel wand or tool at a truckmount manufacturer level is one of the same issues that Tom may be facing. You put a lot of engineering, blood, sweat, and tears into a product, work out the kinks, bring it to the market, and if the market loves it, it is only a matter of months before someone has designed around your patent, used your idea, and brought a product to the market that is generally less expensive. If we are going to make a product at this point, it has to be extremely expensive to copy.

In a lot of situations..this is 100 % true..but I can honestly say that no matter how hard they try..no one is going to even come close to what Tom has created..and if he was to put the same thought into a stair tool..then it will also rise above everything out there..some think they can..and a few think they have..but for the ones who truly understand it ..no one can compare to what he has achived...

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
Cleaning many stairs every day I found this PMF 6" tool, still to be the simplest with best cleaning results View attachment 19548

I'm with Ofer on this one. Thats the tool that I use every day, although im still young enough to just bend over a bit and not have to get on my knees. I like that I can turn it sideways and really scrub the nose. Thats the part of the stair that takes the most abuse and yet we so often neglect it. Especially if it tucks back under to the riser instead of going strait down.

Reactions: ruff
Name
Lee Stockwell
My 1981 Kleenrite drapery tool had a pleat cleaning insert. I wonder if a similar device could be used to make a stair tool bull nose adapter?

Reactions: Mikey P

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You and Chavez

Don't tell me to don't like or don't see the need for something YOU HAVE NEVER USED more than once.

DONT!

and a two inch hose in a U shaped stairwell or with low ceilings or with photos and paintings on the walls or with nice wood work around or painted metal banisters or thick bullnoses SUCKS!

If each and every one of you here does not have a Hard Floor wand on your trucks by now THAT NEEDS A 1.5 whip that you can also use on Tom's new 1.5 stair wand, than you're a what Marty?
Its not carpet, no beds or furniture trying to avoid moving.

I precondition the steps, clean all the treads and go back flip it and catch all the risors and the vacuum the bullnose.

No need to flip and flop, no added expense in a head to swivel. Its simple, easy, cheesy. Any moron can do it...well I guess not any...some are determined to make it harder.

Whut prespray do you like?
:winky:

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
You and Chavez

DONT!

Pfff! I bought a pmf swivel stair tool, and I returned it a week later

There's no need for a swivel on stairs

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
No worries. With global warming & rising water, the lower flight of stairs is soon to be their beach front
Wouldn't be the first time. Florida use to be almost twice as wide during last ice age and has been under water over and over again. Entire State from Orlando to the Keys are made up of animals that lived and died...still going on.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I have a 40 inch 2 jet 5inch head stairtool
Knock off of a prochem.

I'm with Richard just flip it around to clean the riser.

Like Saiger we use a 1 1/2 inch whip and cuff the bullnose.

I didn't use the swivel tool in Vegas much, I'm sure I could figure it out, but like Matt wasn't crazy about it.

Back
Top Bottom