Stair Tool Or Stair Wand - Who uses them?

Mikey P

Administrator
I have a 40 inch 2 jet 5inch head stairtool
Knock off of a prochem.

I'm with Richard just flip it around to clean the riser.

Like Saiger we use a 1 1/2 inch whip and cuff the bullnose.

I didn't use the swivel tool in Vegas much, I'm sure I could figure it out, but like Matt wasn't crazy about it.

A swivle on a stair tool AIN'T about the risers as you're about to find out.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
A swivle on a stair tool AIN'T about the risers as you're about to find out.
Get off the swivel tool boat for just s minute and open your mind on a more simple Pivot stair tool

It doesn't need to spin around in stairs. It just needs to pivot side by side. Just cut the head off the tool, attach a stiff, cheap and stiffer vac hose to reconnect it, and you have a pivot.

That's all that's needed for a spiral staircase

Name
Steve Lawrence
No manufacturer has taken the initiative to created a great stair tool as far as I know. Closest is the PMF Saigerized 2 jet swivel but it's far from perfect.

Bull noses are the tricky part. Most manufacturers just prefer to pretend they don't exist, as far as I can tell.
That's where the 10" CRB shines.

Mikey P

Administrator
Get off the swivel tool boat for just s minute and open your mind on a more simple Pivot stair tool

It doesn't need to spin around in stairs. It just needs to pivot side by side. Just cut the head off the tool, attach a stiff, cheap and stiffer vac hose to reconnect it, and you have a pivot.

That's all that's needed for a spiral staircase

lol..

While you SPECULATE, I KNOW.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
lol..

While you SPECULATE, I KNOW.
PVFFFF!

You know what?? That you waste more time and energy spinning that head 30 times on a 15stair case, when all you need is to spin it once, doing the risers on your way up, and once again doing the flat on your way down with no footprints left behind.

Look back at my first post on here. You'll see that the specs I pointed out will give the best performance and save the most time and energy

I'm in a know it all mood right now, so please don't mess with my vibe

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Read what I said Matt.

It's not about flipping the head.
Obviously you've discovered something that we, the little people haven't seen yet on the swiveling stair tools we've used

So, I'll go back to my corner and patiently wait for you to show us the benefits you've found

But don't forget, if it's nothing but hot air that we see, I'll harass the heck out of u, lol

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Obviously you've discovered something that we, the little people haven't seen yet on the swiveling stair tools we've used

So, I'll go back to my corner and patiently wait for you to show us the benefits you've found

But don't forget, if it's nothing but hot air that we see, I'll harass the heck out of u, lol
Don't worry Matt by the time they get done with the "perfect stair tool" we couldn't afford one any way. :winky:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I give up

Use a Zipper.
20160901_102603.jpg

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
If I do a stairtool, it will have to go through PMF, it will have to be a sheet metal formed tool, They have this down, to make a stair tool with a machined head would just put it way to costly, due to the fact it is just a tool that doesn't get used offten it will have to be very affordable.
I do believe it NEEDS to swivel PMF is very close, but I think if PMF and I work together on this we can come up with a very awesome stair tool...and it WILL BE 2" I don't want to have to use a adapter, I want to just go from cleaning carpet to cleaning stairs without the trip BACK to the van cause I forgot the stupid 1.5 hose or adapter.
My idea, "IF" we can make it work will NOT be a problem using 2" hose

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
My Idea, as far as my knowledge has never been done before and PMF is just the guys that could make it happen if it will work, I have several stair wands that are just waiting to get cut up and pieced together to make my idea, just haven't had the time to do it.
My dam neck has really put me behind, but it is getting better finally.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Not that it won't work, many carpet cleaners prefer to use a 1.5 whip especially for residential cleaning. Portable guys also need to clean stairs as well and they normally use 1.5. Personally, I use 1.5 unless I am using the Zipper. Yes you get better drying times with 2 inch but imho, not enough to warrant the hassle of 2 inch hose.

Reactions: Old Coastie

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Swivel & non swivel too.
The Swivel IS A MUST with my idea.....I will do my best to get this going.....The tube and angle of the tube is a big key in how it will work, the size of the head is also very important, the wider the head the more it will keep you centered in the staircase to allow you to get square into each corner without any crazy body manipulations.
We WANT, we NEED, a stair tool that makes this part of our job MUCH more enjoyable, I get good money for stairs, but the fact that they kill my back I could care less how good they pay. When I am done with a flight of stairs it is about all I can do to stand up straight after I'm done with them.

Last edited:

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Not that it won't work, many carpet cleaners prefer to use a 1.5 whip especially for residential cleaning. Portable guys also need to clean stairs as well and they normally use 1.5. Personally, I use 1.5 unless I am using the Zipper. Yes you get better drying times with 2 inch but imho, not enough to warrant the hassle of 2 inch hose.
I do agree with you but I also have to say, Joe Bristor of all the things I miss from him is the LIL BETTER vac hose, that vac hose is without a doubt a great product, I have used FACTORY 2" hose and I can totally see WHY guys hate 2" vac hose. The little better hose he sells is so nice a flexable in all honesty there is no reason not to go with it, it comes off the wand and down to the ground due to its flexability, he really does have a great product in the LIL BETTER hose.
I bought my hose from him shoot probably going on at least 6+ years ago and it is still on my van.....It is WORTH EVERY DOLLAR hands down. The 2.5 is also a great great product, I have both, my VWTM is set up with some 2.5 I bought that IS NOT LIL BETTER hose....I bought it cause I just needed the length and thought because it was just going to be used to get from point A to B then drop down to my 2" it would be fine....WRONG that crap I have is a absolute PITA to even roll up on the reel everything about it SUCKS you just can't beat the LIL BETTER VAC HOSE

Reactions: Pioneer Floorcare

SamIam

Name
sam miller
http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=76&products_id=5372

I got this and another with thats 40 inch from Bristor.

The 40 inch with a 1 1/2 inch whip you can stand straight up and its easy to clean the whole tread flip for the riser zero back pain.

For you guys struggling with a wand to do steps or on your hands and knees all the time ya find a better tool.

The real issue is finding a tool the fits you and doesnt cause you to hunch bend and struggle.

Ron K

IMO there are way to many variable to staircases that make a one size fits all tool viable. We use a wand with glide to do the treads first, if we can ,then detail the corners,edges, risers and whatever else with a 4" stair tool. Then towel to dry set nap and get dust bunnies ext. Set-up an Airpath and move on. If you charge enough to do a good job the customer gets a good job!

Reactions: Desk Jockey

hogjowl

Idiot™
If I do a stairtool, it will have to go through PMF, it will have to be a sheet metal formed tool, They have this down, to make a stair tool with a machined head would just put it way to costly, due to the fact it is just a tool that doesn't get used offten it will have to be very affordable.
I do believe it NEEDS to swivel PMF is very close, but I think if PMF and I work together on this we can come up with a very awesome stair tool...and it WILL BE 2" I don't want to have to use a adapter, I want to just go from cleaning carpet to cleaning stairs without the trip BACK to the van cause I forgot the stupid 1.5 hose or adapter.
My idea, "IF" we can make it work will NOT be a problem using 2" hose
When is the new swivel oiler going to be available?

Back
Top Bottom