Stair Tool Or Stair Wand - Who uses them?

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
And will the price still be around $1800?
No, If I made it out of a machined head it would make to cost way up there, Stamped form from PMF is the way to go on this project. It will be more than what you see above hoping not much more, but it won't be like anything above either....except for the fact that it will clean stairs :icon_razz:
Also it is just a idea...It may not even work, in my mind it should but till I get the prototype done and actually try it.....I have no idea, and if it sucks it is gonna go in the garbage....I say I THINK it will work.
I'm going up next week to PMF, I will take my drawings up there and run it by them, see if we can get a idea/ballpark on what it would cost to make.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Not that it won't work, many carpet cleaners prefer to use a 1.5 whip especially for residential cleaning. Portable guys also need to clean stairs as well and they normally use 1.5. Personally, I use 1.5 unless I am using the Zipper. Yes you get better drying times with 2 inch but imho, not enough to warrant the hassle of 2 inch hose.
Hassle? 1/2 inch difference? Gezzz!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
And tell PMF to make a 2 inch tube swivel head tool.

THEY NEVER LISTEN!

SamIam

Name
sam miller
The reason I like the the 1 1/2 inch hose is it's easier to pipe the bullnose.

The whip only gets used on my stair tool, rotovac sheardry, and turbo tile tool.

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The reason I like the the 1 1/2 inch hose is it's easier to pipe the bullnose
Exactly. Even then you need to use a soft cuff and sometimes squeeze it to get a good seal on the bullnose. I use a similar tool to what is in the video but with a 10 inch head. I like being able to stand up while cleaning the stairs. A swivel may make it easier to get into the corners. I have been using the pmf swivel for residential and I like the slimness of the tool. It is very effective where the riser meets the tread, gets right in there. Not the greatest airflow and there is lots of room for improvement. I wish we had an amflex supplier out here, I would try some of their 2 inch hose. I have also seen tapered hose in 25 ft. lengths that go from 2 inch down to 1 1/2 inch. I believe John Olsen carries some of that.

Reactions: SamIam

SteveCleans

Name
steve Dobson
I sent Tom an email this week telling him how awesome his wand was. I have the prochem ti and Joe's Ti wand from Westpac, with which I like. But they are ofno compare. Toms wand Will be a hard one to ever replace in my hands. It is ingenuous. The quality is off the charts, the ability to adjust the Jets with the turn of the screw in just seconds. Everything about it is perfect. I got mine the week after I used it in Nashville. I fell in love immediately. I have used it every day for five months now.
I'll be curious to see if he does a stair tool. My stair tool of choice is the PMF swivel, Saigerized version. I use it exclusively now instead of my previous tool, and I also use it underneath beds, I cut out all of the closets with it, I go underneath antiques with it, and I cut out rooms with it, I even do small bedrooms in traffic lanes were the wind is too much bothersome. I just sent them an email to see if I can get A custom one made that's about 15 inches longer. I use that almost every single job, stairs or no stairs.

SteveCleans

Name
steve Dobson
IMG_1144.JPG

Reactions: EDS and Bob Pruitt

SteveCleans

Name
steve Dobson
Yep lots of ways to skin a cat. mine worked nice prior. I think it's a little nicer with the two jets. But definitely not a wrong or right way. Just a preference. I like more Jets :-)

Reactions: EDS

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have a single jet shielded non swiveling stair tool that works pretty good. Long enough not to kill your back, short enough to reverse and do the riser. I sold my Prochem tool as it was too small but I would trade as some times a small tool comes in handy. Just ask Chavez's wife.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
And PMF if you are listening...........when you make that new swivel head tool don't choke it down from 1 1/2 to a 1 1/4 down by the swivel.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I would like a stair/closet tool that:

1. Head swivels on a 15-degree wrist, so it articulates to allow a sideways motion. Like a vacuum head.

2. Upper end has a 45-degree swivel to eliminate the hose tugging and stress when I hold it straight up for the risers.

3. A shaft that extends from about 30"- 52", with locking snaps. Like an adjustable vacuum wand. Then landings and closets (and yachts) would be a snap.

4. A coffee cupholder as an option for old Coasties only, as the rest of you bums would use it for beer cans.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I have a single jet shielded non swiveling stair tool that works pretty good. Long enough not to kill your back, short enough to reverse and do the riser. I sold my Prochem tool as it was too small but I would trade as some times a small tool comes in handy. Just ask Chavez's wife.
She has a big mouth..........thats whut makes it look so small. :shifty:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
When are you guys gonna listen to me and just get a straight, not "s" shaped, stair tool? You won't need all those swivels. You just spin it around, pull up easy on the risers on the way up...Spin it back to normal on the way down. No time or energy lost with a straight stair tool

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
When are you guys gonna listen to me and just get a straight, not "s" shaped, stair tool? You won't need all those swivels. You just spin it around, pull up easy on the risers on the way up...Spin it back to normal on the way down. No time or energy lost with a straight stair tool
I hear you and I have one.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom