Testing the Hoss 700....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
tested out the Hoss 700 on commercial glue down in a large church......

I pulled out the 360i to compare it with because this type of carpet is the only place that this P.O.S really works with out streaking...ran it down one of the isles and then hooked up the 700...it did not take long for the 360i to go back in the truck..the 700 just blew it away...

IMG_5654.jpg

you are better off running the 700 in the same pattern as the RX....with the left to right and about a 1/4 over lap...
the head is bigger and flatter and you are covering a lot more area with the 700...

IMG_5656.jpg

300 psi and the stock orifice....( 58 ?? )...seems to be a good combination for this...

IMG_5658.jpg

the recovery is really good..it can put it down and get it right back out...this carpet was loaded with sand and soap..and it had no problem flushing it all out....

IMG_5682.jpg

On CGD this is the one to have....and it did not leave the ugly vacuum lines in the carpet like the 360i does..

I used it on some different residential carpets last Wednesday and Thursday...but I was working alone and it was hard to get pictures..But I did put it on some types that I would of never put the 360i on and it did great...this test model has 2 long and 3 short jets.........you could probably go to 3 long ones...and plug off the 2 short ones..and drop down to a smaller orifice size and gain a little more heat out of it...and with the larger flat head it has more balance and body to it and it does not pull its self down into the carpet like the 360i did...

My guy will be with me tomorrow and I will get some residential pictures....

bahrahm

thanks for posting and when u have chance could u post bottom of machine... like to see nozzles..

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
steve frasier said:
Jim

how well is it at recovering the steam from the hot water

the only thing I can really tell you about the steam is that I do not have it bellowing out the edges and off the carpet like I would get with the 360i or the RX......the carpets are steaming as the 700 passes over them but not like the other rotaries....

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
2 short 3 tall??? orfices??? it sounds like a PITA that ya gotta set up each job....

what about vs the RX on that carpet??

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
you don't have to set up noting Doug..it is already set and ready to use....

I did not even bring the RX out of the truck.....I have used it long enough to know what it would of done.....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
so far so good...pounded it on some cut pile berber today....this is the same carpet that the streaking was brought to my attention with the 360i...it did not suck its self down because of the size and the balance on the head...no streaking what so ever....moved at the same pace as the RX...

IMG_5701.jpg

it also did a great job on the poly carpet...

IMG_5694.jpg

the rod that supplies the water to the jets started clogging...Very easy to pull the top and pull the hamster off and snap it back on.....

IMG_5698.jpg

IMG_5699.jpg

IMG_5700.jpg

so far so good...I have yet to pull the RX out of the truck....

it is flushing great..and leaving the carpets just slightly damp with no dry pass......

IMG_5693.jpg

Able 1

Name
Keith
Do you put an extra screen in your line? The jets would make me nervous being as small as they are you would think they would clog ALL the time.. That is my major turn off from the Stryker wand..

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I played with the orifice a bit today and when I took it out I noticed that the screen was a finer mesh then what I am use to seeing...

Mike Draper

wish they would have sent me a test model. I would surely have bought one if it worked great. OH well.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Able 1 said:
Do you put an extra screen in your line? The jets would make me nervous being as small as they are you would think they would clog ALL the time.. That is my major turn off from the Stryker wand..

ditto...lol more so with the burners coil....

to bad you didnt get a pic of the water recovery in that tube area

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Do the vacuum shoes flex like the rx?.

I think it's only 2lbs lighter then the rx but I've heard that for some reason it's easier to carry around, what do you think?.

How much for the POS 360i shiteatinggrin

Albert

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Albert Lazo said:
Do the vacuum shoes flex like the rx?.

I think it's only 2lbs lighter then the rx but I've heard that for some reason it's easier to carry around, what do you think?.

How much for the POS 360i shiteatinggrin

Albert

No the bottom of the 700 is pretty ridged...no flex to it..

It does have some weight to it....I see no real big difference a far as one being easier then the other....

Not ready to pull the 360i off the truck yet....I did a Verizon store the other night and could not find my door widget to hold the door open for me ..so I just used it as the next best thing....

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
My advice would be to wait a couple years so they work the bugs out of it.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I test drove it and only did residential.

It works great and if you're a rotary man you'll like it but I don't think it will make a rotary man out of you. I just don't like cutting in a room then hooking the rotary up to finish.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
lifts the traffic areas up really nice...

really good at flushing out the dirt...still not streaking.....

IMG_5740.jpg

IMG_5725.jpg

IMG_5720.jpg

IMG_5718.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Need to turn the hose connector more at a down ward angle....

the wider handles make it more comfortable to hold and control...you can manipulate them thru a 30 inch door witch seems to be pretty standard....

but with the hose sticking out the way it does on the right.... and 99% of the doors are on your left side...you can get it in there...you just really have to watch yourself....

IMG_5645.jpg

IMG_5644.jpg

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Would you mind driving out of the state of Arizona...?

To possibly find some "DIRTY" carpet to clean... :?: : :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
LOL...I told my guy today sooner or later someone was going to say something....

true that don't look that bad but you can see the mud and crap sucking up in the site glass........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom