Administrator
20120904_132249.jpg

cough cOugh!

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I wonder, how many insurance claims have been lodged against operators that have cleaned with encapsulation systems for any respiratory or other side effects from encap ?

Conversely, how many insurance claims have been lodged against those using HWE, be it for mold spores, damp carpet slippage, or any other concern cause by HWE ??

I also wonder how many cleaners have work related health problems between the two, ie; Encap; & HWE ??

This could also relate to back/spinal injuries, carpel tunnel syndrome, bad knees or other health problems, etc;

I firmly believe that I would not still be working & enjoying my present health if I had of stayed with HWE.

A storm in a tea-cup for those that have no faith.

But, to each their own, who am I to say what is best, I only know what my customers and my Doctor tell me.

:yoda:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We do a huge event facility that we clean twice a year it's 22K sq/ft . We've cleaned it for years and we used to clean it with Powerglides but in recent years switched them over to mostly Encap with some HWE where needed.

They love the encap now, they can get on the carpet and get their tables setup while we are still cleaning other areas and are ready to go for the next morning. It cleans up great too, the planetary action fluffs up the fiber some too. We used to send seven machines, now we can send eight! :cool:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'm pretty confident in our cleaning when we don't try to force a system on the project but use the tools that will make that project look best and work best for the client.

I like how you are using the pad cleanings following the Cimex! :cool:

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Most people's beliefs are tainted by where they get their Money.. many people fail to "do the right thing" if it will cost them money, hurt them, or possible cause them to be wrong in their opinion.

I tried encap on a 20,000 sq ft place. It was very quick, easy, very profitable and the carpets looked good-- but 2 months later All the really bad stains came back. I cant morally provide Encap since we provide a "healthy clean not a chemical clean". I lose alot of money becasue I dont Encap-- but luckily I'm not desperate and dont need to "sell my soul" by offering this service... I wonder what the consumer would think IF they knew the truth about what they were really buying with this service?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I tried encap on a 20,000 sq ft place.
Don't take this wrong but I don't think you knew what you were doing.

Just because you use a product that says encap doesn't mean you have the experience to know if it is a good product. What equipment did you use? What pads?

The products used, the pads, the machine used, all will make a difference to an experienced operator

It would be like those that say they used HWE a few times and it came out bad each time. Slow drying times, spots came back and it looked dingy still.

Then you find out the used a portable and some jan/san products on it.:eekk:

We have accounts we have maintained for years and never had an issue with.

I wonder what the consumer would think IF they knew the truth about what they were really buying with this service?
We tell them the truth and if they are still concerned then we do a demo. After that they quit asking questions and book the work.
We want them to know their options, see the results and make an educated depression based on results and their budget.

If you are truly losing money by not offering it, you need to get with someone experienced with Encap cleaning and see what they are doing.

I cant morally provide Encap since we provide a "healthy clean not a chemical clean"
If they know what you're selling and its what they want and much better than what is being used on their facilities currently, then you're foolish not to offer it.

However to each his own, it sounds like you already have a decent business, so I know you don't need the work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
At 4oz/gal of encapsulate, it doesn't seem like you're leaving THAT much pixie dust behind???

Reactions: Derek

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Don't take this wrong but I don't think you knew what you were doing.

Just because you use a product that says encap doesn't mean you have the experience to know if it is a good product. What equipment did you use? What pads?

The products used, the pads, the machine used, all will make a difference to an experienced operator

It would be like those that say they used HWE a few times and it came out bad each time. Slow drying times, spots came back and it looked dingy still.

Then you find out the used a portable and some jan/san products on it.:eekk:

We have accounts we have maintained for years and never had an issue with.

We tell them the truth and if they are still concerned then we do a demo. After that they quit asking questions and book the work.
We want them to know their options, see the results and make an educated depression based on results and their budget.

If you are truly losing money by not offering it, you need to get with someone experienced with Encap cleaning and see what they are doing.

If they know what you're selling and its what they want and much better than what is being used on their facilities currently, then you're foolish not to offer it.

However to each his own, it sounds like you already have a decent business, so I know you don't need the work.

I agree with everything you are saying... i guess I just need to find the right Encap mentor... Its like I was taught in the restaurant business-- "If people want burnt toast- then give then burnt toast".

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
John I think you'll be suprised at your results. You won't give up on HWE but encap will compliment your offering and allow you to delivery a superior product when used in combination with HWE.

rmann

Name
Robert Mann
On a related, but different topic, has anyone here used a Cimex as a scrubber on a wash floor to pre-scrub Oriental and area rugs? If so, how did it work out?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Not on a wash floor but as prep to hwe in our shop. After applying wool safe precon we gently agitate with a Cimex and the soft brushes. It does a great job of preconditioning the rug so it can be easily rinsed free.

I'd imagine it would work great for you, even if you chose to shower feed the solution.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
On a related, but different topic, has anyone here used a Cimex as a scrubber on a wash floor to pre-scrub Oriental and area rugs? If so, how did it work out?

There are a lot of guys who use Cimex machines for washing fine rugs in rug plants. It's popular for that. The planetary action is effective, but it doesn't damage the rug. One that comes to mind right away is Kevin Pearson. Kevin runs a very successful rug washing business using Cimex machines in his rug wash pit.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Not on a wash floor but as prep to hwe in our shop. After applying wool safe precon we gently agitate with a Cimex and the soft brushes. It does a great job of preconditioning the rug so it can be easily rinsed free.

I'd imagine it would work great for you, even if you chose to shower feed the solution.

Will the counter rotating brushes of the cimex grab and bunch up the rugs or will rugs stay flat?

Robert,--- I hope you find a cimex before the class cuz I'd like to try it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It remains flat. The Cimex with the soft brushes is actually gentle. You can even reverse the rotation if you want by turning the switch on the handle head.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom