There's been allot of talk about different rinses

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
CUZ.....when you make yor first pass over yor "prespray " ...its GONE.....
Now what..if theres dirt left yor clear water rinse aint gonna do squat...
I don’t leave dirt behind. :)

Edit: I know I’m going to pay for that comment.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
CUZ.....when you make yor first pass over yor "prespray " ...its GONE.....
Now what..if theres dirt left yor clear water rinse aint gonna do squat...
and that was how I realised my clear water rinse wasn't rinsing well, I could do multiple passes on same spot and it would get cleaner.
Acid or alk rinses you get more 1 pass cleans in my experience

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
My thinking is , Why do you need a detergent rinse at all? If your prespray ain't cutting it, then get a stronger prespray. You should not need a rinse for a cleaning boost

cause some folks can figure things out for themselves ...and have never had to rely on "cause So 'n So said so"

don't need much, just a little alkaline rinse, rinses pre-sprays out better

It breaks down the pH

and that accomplishes what of any value?
and if you say it helps prevent resoil, you're doomed to be a pack following majoon the rest of your miserable wretched life

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Nomad74

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
stop resoil??? what part of the pie is THAT?
i wuz cleaning my south end homes FOUR times a year........

they still thought i was GOD!!!

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Natural fibres may be the exception. Strong alkalines may increase the chance of browning or dye bleed on natural fabrics or carpets. Excess heat will do the same. Nylon does not need acid rinsing. I like to leave the carpets NEUTRAL. Test the pH of a wet carpet after using a 9-10 ph prespray followed by a 9-10 ph rinse agent and you will find that it is neutral or very close to it. Why? The water most carpet cleaners use is slightly acidic and the bulk of the soil is acidic. You don't need an acid rinse to neutralize your prespray unless you're using too high a ph to begin with and then damage is already done.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Soil will break down the pH correct

Nylon dyes are acid based dyes and the Mills here stipulate acid rinses are used (nylon is around 80% our domestic market)

Every protector I've read (which is not a lot as we dont get many) says acid rinse

Reactions: J Scott W

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Soil will break down the pH correct

Nylon dyes are acid based dyes and the Mills here stipulate acid rinses are used (nylon is around 80% our domestic market)

Every protector I've read (which is not a lot as we dont get many) says acid rinse
Lol all the mill literature I have read has said under 10 ph on stain resistant nylon carpets. I have never seen them say acid rinse.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Personal experience. I’ve noticed when I clean piss holes with an acid rinse, wicking rarely occurs. I don’t ask why, I just Do

Reactions: bob vawter

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
But do you know what a Devastator filter is?

I’ll give you a hint, it doesn’t emulsify.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
mills here refer to our industry standard which says acid rinse unless doing restorative clean. I think our standard is based on iicrc dunno never read iicrc standard? other than the restoration ones

Its been a while since I took my last IICRC class, but to my knowledge their cleaning standard does not require acid rinse. I am under the impression that the acid rinsing of carpet phenomena was due to the use of very high pH presprays that needed to be knocked down some. Later it seemed to have caught on with the cleaning boards as something essential, rather than for just certain occasions where it would be beneficial to use an acid side rinse.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom