There's been allot of talk about different rinses

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Other than surfactants and optical brightners....my job has mostly been done here....not even a need for me to
Bother.......

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
And it's quite confusing to me.

I've seen posts about:

Powder detergents
Powder emulsifiers
Liquid emulsifiers
Alkaline butyl rinses (might be the same as liquid emulsifiers)
Acid rinses

I know when to use my acid rinse, but why is there a need to have all the different alkaline rinses. And IS there a need? Under what conditions do we need to use a certain alkaline rinse? No mumbo jumbo!!! Just give me the dumbed down version. I don't have a chemist degree.

Also, if we buy all those different alkaline rinses, what TYPE of prespray partners together with the rinse to give it the best performance? Powder Enzyme, Powder butyl/phosphate, Heavy Citrus high ph, etc. ?

I was playing with powder emulsifier last week, and it was nothing to brag about on carpet and trashed upholstery. So as of now, that's off my list. Back to acid rinse for me.
Idiot

Reactions: BIG WOOD

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
And if you clean a place four times a year compared to one time a year
......your proceeds from that home increase by how much?

Bob Vawter
High scoole grad

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
over thinking rocket science moron CC'ers

good quality alkaline rinse metered light rinses best .
Stop with your overuse of delimo pre-sprays , learn how to use a wand right, and resoil won't a be a problem .
nor will you have any other issues either

..L.T.A.
There now......i am no longer needed in Minn!!!

thanks Larr

Reactions: Mikey P

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Acid is 3-3.5 and all Fiber soft stuff is 4-4.5. Happy with them both.

5063C058-50C3-457F-993D-EA078EA63EE0.jpeg

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Matt. I agree with you that it gets confusing. It took me a long time of experiementing around to find what works best for me. I’m pretty comfy now.

So I just cleaned this place and forgot to turn on my rinse. I guess we’ll see how Code Red works with only Shasta County Well water rinse.

138A0694-2F4B-46AF-A9AD-21BB3C825696.jpeg

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
It seems like a waste of space on the shelf to have two different acid rinses Just pick one
Different purposes.
  1. The acid rinse with detergent will have more cleaning power, will leave more residue, yet will neutralize alkalinity and leave a soft touch.
  2. The other will leave less residue (no detergent) and act more as a dye stabilizer, alkaline rinsing neutralizing and leave the fabric (upholstery in particular but not limited to) more ready to accept Teflon. It will however rely solely on the pre-spray to do the heavy lifting.
Norman 74 sensed it but not quite verbalized it. Which is what he may have meant by saying- "It left him "Titty Pink". Or- Whatever that may mean :winky:

Last edited:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Different purposes.
  1. The acid rinse with detergent will have more cleaning power, yet will neutralize alkalinity and leave a soft touch.
  2. The other will leave less residue (no detergent) and act more as a dye stabilizer, alkaline rinsing neutralizing and leave the fabric (upholstery in particular but not limited to) more ready to accept Teflon. It will however rely solely on the pre-spray to do the heavy lifting.
Norman 74 sensed it but not quite verbalized it. As he said- it left him "Titty Pink". Whatever that may mean :winky:
That's still too complicated. Just combine them and you got the best of both worlds.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
My thinking is , Why do you need a detergent rinse at all? If your prespray ain't cutting it, then get a stronger prespray. You should not need a rinse for a cleaning boost. Acid is a different story. It breaks down the pH, prevents browning, and leaves the carpet soft.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
My thinking is , Why do you need a detergent rinse at all? If your prespray ain't cutting it, then get a stronger prespray. You should not need a rinse for a cleaning boost. Acid is a different story. It breaks down the pH, prevents browning, and leaves the carpet soft.
Because some of us found (and some disagree. you'll have to form your own opinion) that some pre-sprays do not flush very well with just water. Just based on my experience. So a little cleaning boost by the rinse, imho left the carpet cleaner and the "residue" was minuscule. As a matter of fact in my experiments at home the mild alkaline rinse looked better and stayed clean longer (very slightly). And less re-appearing stains.

Others feel differently.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
do you clean a lot of natural fibre and nylons? use an acid rinse

do you upsell protector? use an acid rinse

do you clean white trash hell holes? use a detergent rinse

do you like doing extra passes to remove prespray? use a water rinse

Last edited:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
CUZ.....when you make yor first pass over yor "prespray " ...its GONE.....
Now what..if theres dirt left yor clear water rinse aint gonna do squat...

Reactions: J Scott W

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Because some of us found (and some disagree. you'll have to form your own opinion) that some pre-sprays do not flush very well with just water. Just based on my experience. So a little cleaning boost by the rinse, imho left the carpet cleaner and the "residue" was minuscule. As a matter of fact in my experiments at home the mild alkaline rinse looked better and stayed clean longer (very slightly). And less re-appearing stains.

Others feel differently.
I only experiment with encap in my house. My wife doesn’t pay very well.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom