This is the end....

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Mark, This is clearly a Butler problem, they need to step up and take care of it. Ask them to have their transport company pick it up and return the whole truck to them.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Call your dealer and demand complete copies of all warranty repairs made to GM. That would be the place to start, make sure to get serial numbers of replaced parts.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

steve_64

But butler doesn't touch the transmission do they? Obviously i don't know much about all of this but I can see lots of finger pointing that won't help mark without a lawyer. That would be my next phone call.

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Vasectomy. He's having it reversed.
how does one sow the nuts back on??
54012dc24880f.image.jpg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
But butler doesn't touch the transmission do they? Obviously i don't know much about all of this but I can see lots of finger pointing that won't help mark without a lawyer. That would be my next phone call.

nah
Mark didn't buy a van and send it to Butler
Butler bought the van , installed their TM/did their mods and sold a "packaged product" to Mark.

disclaimers about who handles warranty issues on which parts of the "package" become irrelevant when GM can't/won't fix the problem .

goes right to what I said a month ago....Butler ultimately holds the bag on this .
THEY bought a bad van GM can't/won't fix .
THEY sold it to Mark
THEY'RE ultimately responsible

..L.T.A

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Since I don't have a stethoscope I go under the van with the handle of a screw driver to my ear and put the business end to different areas and try to narrow exactly where the noise is originating from.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Since I don't have a stethoscope I go under the van with the handle of a screw driver to my ear and put the business end to different areas and try to narrow exactly where the noise is originating from.
Stethoscope. ..Harbor Freight. ... $5.95

Reactions: FredC

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I would

That's what I told him. Run it till it blows.
At least then they will know what to fix.
I wouldn't want to breakdown in the middle of a full day like Mark usually has especially in northen MN at this time of year.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Run it till it dies, then have them tow it in, how does it sound with butler on ???

I would

That's what I told him. Run it till it blows.
At least then they will know what to fix.

If I run it and it blew in a customers driveway I would also assume liability because there is a known problem.

Not taking the chance.

Keeping liability with others

And responsibility with others

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Sounds lik a bolt has come off and is being banged around in an enclosed place....
Does the banging increase as the RPM go up?

FredC

Village Idiot

Loose flex plate bolts...possibly cracked ......

steve_64

Sounds like pressurized water hitting a fan blade and a bearing going out. But I'm sure that was checked right?

Had that happen but the coolant never hit the ground. It was actually the van 8 have now. Happened on another vehicle too.

Could explain the angle thing and the temp thing.

Hard to believe they couldn't figure this out.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Fred's right it does sound as though a crank shafts flex plate bolt threads have stripped out and allowing the bolt to fall back out....

Reactions: Mark Saiger

steve_64

nah
Mark didn't buy a van and send it to Butler
Butler bought the van , installed their TM/did their mods and sold a "packaged product" to Mark.

disclaimers about who handles warranty issues on which parts of the "package" become irrelevant when GM can't/won't fix the problem .

goes right to what I said a month ago....Butler ultimately holds the bag on this .
THEY bought a bad van GM can't/won't fix .
THEY sold it to Mark
THEY'RE ultimately responsible

..L.T.A
If butler bought it from gm then gm should still hold the warranty right? Unless the installation voids the warranty. Then gm wouldn't have touched it without holding mark responsible for the bill.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
AGAIN....a flex plate bolt has stripped threads and probably feels tight when torqued down BUT they will throw the bolt out if threads are striped at all or no thread lock (blue)
Was applied. ...
Some dolt on the line stripped the threads

NEEDS NEW CRANKSHAFT! !!
As I would never Helicoil it

Balls on a chopping block sure!

Last edited:

steve_64

Starter could need shims too. Had that happen before. You can pull it out and put it back 8n dozens of times and still have the that noise.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom