used water box

Jamesh921

Name
James
Thanks for posting Doug. I have no idea if they are interchangeable. Gonna take someone smarter than me to figure that out.
I did call Allen Equipment. They were highly recommended, but they didn't have a used one.
I just bought this machine used with a van included. I didn't expect to have issues right off but I did. And now I find out that a new water box will cost $450. After all the other costs I've had to put into this rig just to get it up to workable order, I'm just tapped out. Someone tried to repair this water box in the past with epoxy. It didn't work. It leaks and floods the van every time I use it. And it is cracked in many other places - just waiting to burst and make the unit unusable. Disappointing to say the least, but I have no choice but to try and find a way to make this work.

Jamesh921

Name
James
Thanks for posting that John. Wasn't sure what might work or what might work for a while but then eventually fail.
I would like to say that the guy I bought this unit from is a stand-up guy. And I would buy from him again. I think his employees ran this van and I don't think they were completely up front with him about its true condition when he said he planned to sell it. Sometimes being a business owner means that you have to rely on other people- and sometimes those people don't always tell you the truth. Whatever the situation, the seller is a good guy.

Last edited:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Um no. Sorry that story doesn't wash. I don't know the person but I've sold probably close to 100 used machines and never did one leave with a leaking water box. Doesn't happen. that's not something you do not know. Also that's something you would have seen when you ran it for 30 minutes before you took ownership of it or had a reputable dealer run it before you bought it. Sorry if that comes off harsh but my name is everything to me. When people like you get sold a bill of goods it makes everyone question the next used machine they see for sale. It sucks and you want to believe someone wouldn't screw you but do not make excuses for them. They absolutely knew or should have known period. And so you know I've never ever ever ever replaced a Prochem Water Box. Never. Not even on 25 year old machines. So whatever happened to this one they did it and 100% were aware of it. There is no way they didn't know unless they just thought they had a magic water fountain in their van

Reactions: SamIam and Shane T

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
What are the dimensions on the box? I have a couple laying around but don't know what they fit. A pic would help.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Thanks for posting Doug. I have no idea if they are interchangeable. Gonna take someone smarter than me to figure that out.
I did call Allen Equipment. They were highly recommended, but they didn't have a used one.
I just bought this machine used with a van included. I didn't expect to have issues right off but I did. And now I find out that a new water box will cost $450. After all the other costs I've had to put into this rig just to get it up to workable order, I'm just tapped out. Someone tried to repair this water box in the past with epoxy. It didn't work. It leaks and floods the van every time I use it. And it is cracked in many other places - just waiting to burst and make the unit unusable. Disappointing to say the least, but I have no choice but to try and find a way to make this work.
Makes me wonder if it froze full of water. You want to make sure your heat exchangers aren't leaking as well.

Jamesh921

Name
James
I have one I'll let go for $200..
Thanks ABLE. That's a great offer, but the seller had a new one shipped to me from JonDon and I installed it last Saturday.

Ron,
I agree with you. Once I got the old one out where I could look it over closer, it seems obvious to me that it froze. All the ports were cracked or broken.
IMG_1696.JPG
IMG_1698.JPG
IMG_1696.JPG
IMG_1698.JPG

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Wow, that some serious damage. I hope the rest of your machine is ok. When you hook up the water box, run the machine and check for leaks. Bring it up to full temperature and run for a while simulating carpet cleaning or actually cleaning some carpets. Pay careful attention around the heat exchangers. If you have any water running in the van, take a flashlight and check where it is coming from. It is normal to have small leaks at fittings that are loose or need O-rings but check your brass for cracks.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I can honestly say I have never seen that happen. We do 20-30k in freeze damage work every year and have never seen that.

Jamesh921

Name
James
Cleaned carpet all day today. No leaks and heat was great running at 230. The only other issue is low vacuum power. It's "okay" but not what I expected from an Apex. My Powermatic has WAY stronger vac than the Apex. Checked all plumbing - couldn't find any airleaks. I did have to replace the waste tank gasket, which helped, but vac is still way weaker than expected. Any ideas?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Check for an obstruction. Does the guage show a pull on the vacuum without any load on the system? If so you have something restricting vacuum.

Also check the blower filter. If its never been cleaned or replaced there could be enough lint blocking air flow.

Reactions: John Olson

John Olson

Name
John Olson
What Richard said check the vac relief should be at 13-14 with the ports blocked off. Check waste tank filter then check your hoses and cuffs. Flash cuffs leaks air after a couple months of use.

Jamesh921

Name
James
Machine on high speed with port open with no hose the vac gauge reads 4. Ports blocked, the gauge reads 10. Won't even open the vac relief valve.

Jamesh921

Name
James
:) It'd be easier to bring you to the unit than to bring the unit to you. Fly down here and enjoy some of our 80 degree weather. :)

Jamesh921

Name
James
Are you saying there are "3" filters in the waste tank?
And.... are you up this late watching the World Series....... like I am? lol

Jamesh921

Name
James
Naa, I'm in Okrahoma lol
Maybe I could drag this unit up to KS and let Richard pay Keith's expenses to come hang out for a couple days. Richard makes so much money - he could USE the tax write-off. lol We'd be doing him a favor. :)

Reactions: Able 1

Able 1

Name
Keith
Man, I just want to come down there now.. The thing will suck chrome off a bumper!

If I were to guess all your cylinders aren't firing right.. Just a guess! Post a video of it running..

Last edited:

Able 1

Name
Keith
Naa, I'm in Okrahoma lol
Maybe I could drag this unit up to KS and let Richard pay Keith's expenses to come hang out for a couple days. Richard makes so much money - he could USE the tax write-off. lol We'd be doing him a favor. :)
And he could buy us dinner also!!

Then we deport him! :icon_razz::eekk::winky:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom