VLM only guy gets it handed to him..

rick imby

Name
Rick
Devin this has been fun. Great job on videoing this interaction.

So the most the current crop of VLM ---house cleaners---- use what is called Padcapping. They vaccum, prespray, agitate the prespray into the carpet and then go over the carpet with cotton/poly mixed pads to further agitate and absorb some of the dirt by going over the carpet with a rotary or ocsillating pad machine---their pads get dirty fast. Some of the dirt ends up in the pads and some of the dirt drops to the bottom of the carpet. The modern VLM chemicals are good at breaking the bond the dirt has with your carpet fibers.

Your Pristine guy with the 1960s dry foam method agitates a dry foam into the carpet and then kinda vacuums it up right away. Dog body oil and hair are not well handled by dry foam.---he is probably using modern chemicals and it appears he is just agitating the chems into the carpet. Often this will look pretty good. No dirt has been removed---the question you asked----the bond has broken and the chemical and dirt have fallen to the bottom of the carpet.

The HWE guys vaccum, put chems down and sometimes agitate and then use hot 180-215 degree water with good suction to pull the dirt out of the carpet. The water they leave is quite dirty and normally falls to the bottom of the carpet. The better the suction of the truckmount and skill of the operator the less dirty water left in your carpet.

The main problem with the Rug doctor is the very small capacity---you know about that----and the lack of agitation. (the little brush on the rug doc is a joke) Pristine put chems down and agitated pretty well. You came along with the rug doctor and were able to use his chems and agitation and pull a lot of the dirt back up. I don't know if you would have done as good of a job if he hadn't gone before you----rin

Most the HWE guys will go through 10-20 gallons of water per room depending on their system and how dirty the rooms are. Most home owners are not likely to fill the rug doctor 4 or 5 times in one room.

A CRB (counter rotating Brush machine) is the latest rage in carpet cleaning for a couple of reasons. It is two brush rollers going in opposite directions fighting each other. They do a great job of getting the chems to break the dirt's bonds to your fiber and they lift a ton of dog hair and junk out of the carpet----way more than vacuuming the carpet 4 or 5 times will do.

If I were trying to get my carpets cleaned and had two house dogs I would ask the potential cleaner 1. do you have a truck mount and 2 do you use a CRB to agitate. If he says yes to both ---hire him and be there when he does the job.

Good luck

Not all these guys will agree with me----

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Absher Carpet

Name
Jonathan Absher
I've hired Chappel Carpet Cleaning to clean my carpets since this situation and had a perfect experience. They use steam extraction and the results were pretty amazing. Can you guys educate me on the Dry Foam process and why it may not have worked on my carpet?

Let me educate you about carpet cleaning, but first DO YOU KNOW WHAT EMUSLIFICATION IS???

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
How do you guys find this stuff. I would never in a milliion years know how to get it all the time. !

Last edited by a moderator:

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Devin this has been fun. Great job on videoing this interaction.

So the most the current crop of VLM ---house cleaners---- use what is called Padcapping. They vaccum, prespray, agitate the prespray into the carpet and then go over the carpet with cotton/poly mixed pads to further agitate and absorb some of the dirt by going over the carpet with a rotary or ocsillating pad machine---their pads get dirty fast. Some of the dirt ends up in the pads and some of the dirt drops to the bottom of the carpet. The modern VLM chemicals are good at breaking the bond the dirt has with your carpet fibers.

Your Pristine guy with the 1960s dry foam method agitates a dry foam into the carpet and then kinda vacuums it up right away. Dog body oil and hair are not well handled by dry foam.---he is probably using modern chemicals and it appears he is just agitating the chems into the carpet. Often this will look pretty good. No dirt has been removed---the question you asked----the bond has broken and the chemical and dirt have fallen to the bottom of the carpet.

The HWE guys vaccum, put chems down and sometimes agitate and then use hot 180-215 degree water with good suction to pull the dirt out of the carpet. The water they leave is quite dirty and normally falls to the bottom of the carpet. The better the suction of the truckmount and skill of the operator the less dirty water left in your carpet.

The main problem with the Rug doctor is the very small capacity---you know about that----and the lack of agitation. (the little brush on the rug doc is a joke) Pristine put chems down and agitated pretty well. You came along with the rug doctor and were able to use his chems and agitation and pull a lot of the dirt back up. I don't know if you would have done as good of a job if he hadn't gone before you----rin

Most the HWE guys will go through 10-20 gallons of water per room depending on their system and how dirty the rooms are. Most home owners are not likely to fill the rug doctor 4 or 5 times in one room.

A CRB (counter rotating Brush machine) is the latest rage in carpet cleaning for a couple of reasons. It is two brush rollers going in opposite directions fighting each other. They do a great job of getting the chems to break the dirt's bonds to your fiber and they lift a ton of dog hair and junk out of the carpet----way more than vacuuming the carpet 4 or 5 times will do.

If I were trying to get my carpets cleaned and had two house dogs I would ask the potential cleaner 1. do you have a truck mount and 2 do you use a CRB to agitate. If he says yes to both ---hire him and be there when he does the job.

Good luck

Not all these guys will agree with me----
And portable! Dont forget portable. It does great too!

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
With two house dogs----that place needs to be rinsed out big time...

I agree a rotary extractor could probably get it done too...
It can be done, portable works. I have done it, several time with no issues. Its what i am currently using regularly. Works great for claw too too. It helps tremendously with a CRB which I use, a lot.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom