VLM only guy gets it handed to him..

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I don't think the interview is the problem.
I think the "substance" of this interview is the real problem.

There was basically nothing of value in it for a prospective customer.

The sunglasses are a sizable no-no for an interview. Get rid of it.

The dirt yard....sitting on what appears to be a rock (?)..... Reeks of trashy. The ol' mustache doesn't help either.
The fence background with the dirt...I can't bring myself to understand what could have been the reason behind it. At least go to a grass field or something... Or sit in an office (at least borrow a nice lobby area for the 10 minutes to film it if you don't have an office)... Or a Starbucks corner booth...or go to a park overlooking Denver and talk about becoming a major player in the city while the camera is spanning over the skyline....or sit next to your morbidly obese wife in your 1970's kitchen as she's loudly breathing like an old steam machine gasping for air and explain you're in it for the income because this thing needs foooooood. (hide your finger as you point to Jabba)

I don't mean to critique this too much and I admit I wouldn't be able to pull off an "interview" myself, with my goofy look and my accent...but looking at this, makes me cringe.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes

The dirt yard....sitting on what appears to be a rock (?)..... Reeks of trashy. The ol' mustache doesn't help either.
The fence background with the dirt...I can't bring myself to understand what could have been the reason behind it. At least go to a grass field or something... Or sit in an office (at least borrow a nice lobby area for the 10 minutes to film it if you don't have an office)... Or a Starbucks corner booth...or go to a park overlooking Denver and talk about becoming a major player in the city while the camera is spanning over the skyline....or sit next to your morbidly obese wife in your 1970's kitchen as she's loudly breathing like an old steam machine gasping for air and explain you're in it for the income because this thing needs foooooood. (hide your finger as you point to Jabba)

I don't mean to critique this too much and I admit I wouldn't be able to pull off an "interview" myself, with my goofy look and my accent...but looking at this, makes me cringe.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes

OMG, you're killen me!!:lol:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
OK, I see the Pic of the day is of the fat girls I was talking about at the Redding KFC in the sink. But where is the thread that pic is in. It's annoying that you just can't click on the POTD and be linked into the thread where it was posted. @FredC

Reactions: BIG WOOD

FredC

Village Idiot
OK, I see the Pic of the day is of the fat girls I was talking about at the Redding KFC in the sink. But where is the thread that pic is in. It's annoying that you just can't click on the POTD and be linked into the thread where it was posted. @FredC
It isn't usually in a thread.........but Mike started one about it....and I even tagged you in it

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
It isn't usually in a thread.........but Mike started one about it....and I even tagged you in it
I found it. Now i'm hungry for chicken. I'm currently making a cheesy rice meal for my family right now. forcing my kids to try something new besides corndogs and chicken strips.

Reactions: Jimmy L and Mikey P
Name
Devin Flanagan
Matt Wood invited me to the conversation. I'm the homeowner that filmed this disaster of a "professional carpet cleaning company"... Immediately following this conversation I rented a Rug Doctor and did one hell of a job better than this guy. The owner of the company asked me to send him pictures of the livingroom after I cleaned them myself. He couldn't explain to me how I was able to remove the dirt with a grocery store carpet cleaner and he couldn't.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Matt Wood invited me to the conversation. I'm the homeowner that filmed this disaster of a "professional carpet cleaning company"... Immediately following this conversation I rented a Rug Doctor and did one hell of a job better than this guy. The owner of the company asked me to send him pictures of the livingroom after I cleaned them myself. He couldn't explain to me how I was able to remove the dirt with a grocery store carpet cleaner and he couldn't.
did you ever get in touch with the news company?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Damn!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The guy was a complete jerk. Rude and defensive, he repeated pseudo science rhetoric.

There are many methods for cleaning carpet. Some better for commercial than residential. Steam/Hot Water Extraction is the method most recommend by carpet manufacturers. You will likely fair better with it.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I really think that guy would've fixed it if he really cared. There's no need to invite him in this conversation just to cause another argument

@Devin Flanagan , has this experience caused you to never want to hire a carpet cleaner again? I know you don't know any of us, but this little group here are what we consider being the ones who really enjoy our career in this. If you need this service again, let us know and we'll find you a reputable professional carpet cleaning business

Name
Devin Flanagan
I've hired Chappel Carpet Cleaning to clean my carpets since this situation and had a perfect experience. They use steam extraction and the results were pretty amazing. Can you guys educate me on the Dry Foam process and why it may not have worked on my carpet?

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I bet he loves seeing a bunch of other carpet cleaning professionals on MB throwing rocks at him

If he came here with an open mind (and not brainwashed delusional like Von Schrader Mardie)he very well could get educated, learn something and up his game

If he comes in trying to blow smoke up the azz of multi-method professionals'.... he won't fare too well

..L.T.A.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I've hired Chappel Carpet Cleaning to clean my carpets since this situation and had a perfect experience. They use steam extraction and the results were pretty amazing. Can you guys educate me on the Dry Foam process and why it may not have worked on my carpet?
Some of the low moisture guys will chime in very shortly

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen

Devin, in general the low moisture methods are more approriate in commercial settings, while Hot Water Extraction is a better fit for residential carpet. There are exceptions, of course.

This is only a guess, but I would bet that guy wanted to get in, finished and paid as fast as he could go, or he had no extraction equipment to use.

He also seemed to like using big words that he didn't understand because they make him sound all photosynthesis.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I used to use rotary foam shampoo followed with a wet vac about 30 years ago. Used properly, it can deliver very impressive results. The downfall is that it used to leave a lot of shampoo residue that would aid in resoiling your carpet. It's not so much the method but the technician that is faulty. We use a similar process in our shop cleaning heavily soiled rugs. We follow with a rinse but the carpet usually looks great right shampooing. The aggressive brush lifts the soil into the foam then we rinse it away.

Name
Jeff T
Devin, in general the low moisture methods are more approriate in commercial settings, while Hot Water Extraction is a better fit for residential carpet. There are exceptions, of course.

This is only a guess, but I would bet that guy wanted to get in, finished and paid as fast as he could go, or he had no extraction equipment to use.

He also seemed to like using big words that he didn't understand because they make him sound all photosynthesis.
I'm sure you meant phototropism.........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom