VLM only guy gets it handed to him..

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I've hired Chappel Carpet Cleaning to clean my carpets since this situation and had a perfect experience. They use steam extraction and the results were pretty amazing. Can you guys educate me on the Dry Foam process and why it may not have worked on my carpet?

Your rug doctor cleaning and the Professional hot water extraction cleaning did a better job then the dry foam method because it removed more soil.
Hot water extraction is like giving your carpet a hot shower and the low moisture method are like using baby wipes.. baby wipes are ok, but you will eventually want to take a shower.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Your rug doctor cleaning and the Professional hot water extraction cleaning did a better job then the dry foam method because it removed more soil.
Hot water extraction is like giving your carpet a hot shower and the low moisture method are like using baby wipes.. baby wipes are ok, but you will eventually want to take a shower.

That arguments only works assuming that it being cleaned on regular intervals... Otherwise, for most customers, it is just appearance maintenance, never really getting it truly cleaned.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
That arguments only works assuming that it being cleaned on regular intervals... Otherwise, for most customers, it is just appearance maintenance, never really getting it truly cleaned.

Isn't that what he said with the baby wipe anology?

"Eventually you will want to take a shower...."

:headscratch:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Can't believe the actual home owner is in this thread. OMG what is the world coming to? This should never have happened. So the rug doctor cleaned better but we all know that there is a ton of residue still in there and IT WILL get dirty in a few days. Who invited him ? Matt? You should get your ass kicked for doing something stupid like that.

J

JS41035

I've hired Chappel Carpet Cleaning to clean my carpets since this situation and had a perfect experience. They use steam extraction and the results were pretty amazing. Can you guys educate me on the Dry Foam process and why it may not have worked on my carpet?
Welcome! So there are basically two schools of thought with professional carpet cleaning. VLM (very low moisture) and HWE (hot water extraction). HWE is basically what you did with the Rugdoctor. Spraying a cleaning solution in to the carpet and sucking the dirty water back up. Within the HWE category you have 2 basic groups. Portables ( they bring a portable HWE unit into the house or area being cleaned) and Truckmounts ( large gas powered units permanently mount inside a Van or Trailer)
Generally Truckmounts are much much more powerful than a portable.
Dry foam would be categorized under VLM in my opinion. With Dryfoam the only extraction is done during the vacuuming process.
The other VLM methods vary. But generally speaking there are 2 methods of VLM. Straight encapsulation and OP. (Oscillating Pad) or bonnet. Encapsulation uses mechanical agitation and a chemical that knocks the dirt off the fiber. Again the only extraction of dirt or soil is during the vacuuming process. OP and bonnet cleaning use mechanical agitation (oscillating or spinning) to remove dirt from fibers similar to encap but with dirt actually being absorbed into the pad or bonnet . During OP or bonnet cleaning ,extraction of dirt takes place during the cleaning as dirt transfers from the carpet to the bonnet or pad.
In my opinion a professional would have every tool at his disposal. Each process has its place. Some of course should be used very sparingly.
And the old saying "you get what you pay for" has never been more true when it comes to carpet cleaning.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Can't believe the actual home owner is in this thread. OMG what is the world coming to? This should never have happened. So the rug doctor cleaned better but we all know that there is a ton of residue still in there and IT WILL get dirty in a few days. Who invited him ? Matt? You should get your ass kicked for doing something stupid like that.
It's ok jimmmy he dosent know you.

Name
Steve Lawrence
So this terrible job was done with dry foam.

Not too surprising. I used Von Schrader dry foam when I first started out 45 years ago. I struggled with that method for 2 years before I snapped out of it or until this one customer watching me "clean" said "is that all there is?" That got me searching harder for a method that actually worked well. Grateful that I found Deep Steam extraction equipment out of Muskegon, Mi. I think. A couple years later bought a truck mount and quit the heavy underpowered portable nightmare, but it did clean pretty well.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Isn't that what he said with the baby wipe anology?

"Eventually you will want to take a shower...."

:headscratch:
Yes, however it would require a few or lots of attempt or "showers" to remediate the carpet that was not properly maintained by owner. That why i said it need regular cleanimg interval for it to be effective... Like every fourth and and eigth month, do vlm, but on the 12 month, HWE... Or what ever works that you deem is best for your client.

Reactions: PrimaDonna

Mikey P

Administrator
Yes, however it would require a few or lots of attempt or "showers" to remediate the carpet that was not properly maintained by owner. That why i said it need regular cleanimg interval for it to be effective... Like every fourth and and eigth month, do vlm, but on the 12 month, HWE... Or what ever works that you deem is best for your client.

Derrick in another year or two you'll figure out that VLM in the home is for idealistic conditions. In the Reno/ Carson market you'll have a hard time staying busy waiting for those light soil/frequent cleaner to find you. Most home owners wait until its too late. A deep flushing system is needed when you're new and taking on all calls..

As you and your company matures you'll be able to keep and attract clients that call you out every 9 months even if the carpet is spotless.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I agree. Thats my argument, owner waits too long to have their carpets cleaned where it doesnt get cleaned, it get remediated. Thats why i quickly discovered i need to make correct decision on what i should be using to carpet clean. To HWE or VLM? I have to say this tho, they both work very well..i love it, i think they are both gold.

Name
Devin Flanagan

Calm down, I'm here For the knowledge. I'm a professional hardwood floor guy so I know the importance of education. If you want me to leave I'd be happy to oblige....

Reactions: BIG WOOD

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Calm down, I'm here For the knowledge. I'm a professional hardwood floor guy so I know the importance of education. If you want me to leave I'd be happy to oblige....
They are all:stir:...stick around and maybe youll become carpet cleaner and knock that hack outta of the game...pristine or whatever they are called.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
:lol::stir:

hwe-vs-encap.jpg

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
But encapsulation (SCAMPOO) merely rearranges the dirt around and doesn't really clean.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB

Meet Jimmy. He doesn't mean it.

I hope you stick around. Lots of great business advice here you can pick up that would apply to what you do.

You'll quickly learn the personalities of you sit back and observe for a bit.

So, tell us. What happened after the cameras stopped rolling? Did he refund your money?

Name
Devin Flanagan
Meet Jimmy. He doesn't mean it.

I hope you stick around. Lots of great business advice here you can pick up that would apply to what you do.

You'll quickly learn the personalities of you sit back and observe for a bit.

So, tell us. What happened after the cameras stopped rolling? Did he refund your money?

He quickly refunded my money after I sent him pictures of my Rug Doctor job.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Generally those VLM scampooers are at the bottom as far as pricing. Typical 2 rooms for $39.95 ish.

So what did YOU pay for it?

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
Not to mention, as you did Devin, what about his four step process he advertizes, but did NOT follow?
Then attempted to worm his way out of it.
Sure the job was not satisfactory. I can understand completely your frustration.

Too bad, cause , Done Correctly, it may have been satisfactory.

Plenty of HWEers get caught doing the same thing!!!

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Feel free to give some of these rug suckers some accurate information on hardwood floors in the hard surface hub on this forum. It'll be appreciated.

Name
Nate W.
I still want to know how Devin knows what "prespray" is?!?

You obviously know more that both guys put together..

I would have called the News station and sent them the footage.. There is no reason for that kind of behavior in the service Industry..

Reactions: Old Coastie

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom