***WARNING CRB USERS****

steve_64

and if you don't think some of the "Be Like Mike" pack following masses will get over aggressive trying to be "the greatest CC'er in the world" ...

.....you need a new tattoo

View attachment 78570

My esteemed colleague Mr Ladwig has a very valid point
anyone that doesn't recognize that is obviously too stoopit to be using a CRB

..L.T.A.
Yet you believe a 175 is better?

Is that with a red pad or brushes?

Worrying about warranties on trashed out carpet lol too funny.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Boy. you sure have some Walmart wacko's here that can't read.

Or won't read.

"Hank Williamson: The Maids is a residential cleaning company that offers carpet cleaning as a special service for our clients. I am the owner of the franchise that serves the Greensboro, High Point and Winston Salem, NC markets."

What part of the above do you not understand ??

:headscratch::hopeless::(

:very_drunk::yoda::oldrolleyes:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
yep
Host machine on the truck for few years in the '90s
Also have used Cert Pile brush hooked to TM to wet scrub (way better scrub)
even used a Bissel to pre-scrub a white nylon once (worked prettydamngood actually)
Rotary kicks all their azzes for shearing soil off a fiber

..L.T.A.
That's why I stopped using the originally recommended here Shark, that you're such a big fan of Larry. Because the brush was too aggressive and I noticed that the bag was filling up with fluff, the same color as the carpet. Too aggressive a brush, that tears too much fiber. You still use it Larry, don't you? At least you keep singing its praises.

Hooking a Cert Pile brush to the truck mount for extra vac is well...............something else. Those WhooopChuckers :oldrolleyes: :winky:

The CRB has 5 different brushes that need to be adjusted to what you clean (I carry all of them). Unlike an upright where the vacuum creates a pull on the fiber and the brush comes with a closer contact with the carpet, the CRB does weigh it down but sort of glides over it. I do agree that the push to use a CRB all the time is stupid. You only need it in situations where a good mechanical agitation is advantageous and done sparingly.

As with all our tools: Use the right tool (and brushes) use it only when it is really necessary, otherwise let the heat, chemistry time and light agitation do the work. Common sense always comes in handy.

Also if that is a concern the same alarm should be considering RotoVac, RX-20, Hoss or any rotary cleaning tool.

Last edited:

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Dont forget his dissertation on picking the proper sized NutHigh Work Shorts for the discriminating cleaner.

Its an all time classic.

I see the beginnings of a panel discussion in MN. This and Bawb @bob vawter discussing uniforms of nut riding shorts and Velcro orthopedic shoes. We can get @Desk Jockey to talk about cologne scents.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
and if you don't think some of the "Be Like Mike" pack following masses will get over aggressive trying to be "the greatest CC'er in the world" ...

.....you need a new tattoo

View attachment 78570

My esteemed colleague Mr Ladwig has a very valid point
anyone that doesn't recognize that is obviously too stoopit to be using a CRB

..L.T.A.

Saiger’s passion was not misplaced on the 10 crb. I do change my brush to the situation!

I’ve said it before! Your not going haul your 110llb scrubber off the truck every job!

Just like your not going to haul a rx20 off, it kicks your butt to use it!

But a 10 inch crb or a 360i with a brush head?

All day every day!

Chimp approved!

We need a hammered poly and let’s see what you got!

Jimmy’s good he finally bought some firestorm!

Last edited:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I still think it’s stupid to buff residential carpet with a 175.

I’ll mess around with a crb and take some close ups of the fibers later.

I’ll be back.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
why are there different brushes?
The answer would seem obvious.....

how many do you think regularly change them from type to another??

don't need to be a rocket scientist or race car driver for this one, cause it's pretty intuitive untwisting of the fiber bundle can be a concern .
and some carpets more concern than others .

you pack following mOOks need to think for yourself .
if Mike started extoling the virtues of sand paper for buttwipe, 78.34% of you would be sanding your hind end ever' morning

View attachment 78569

Two things...

vac roll brushes don't have the full weigh of machine pushing them down on carpet like CRB's
and some of them fuzz fibers
Think there's more or less concern with 20+ pounds of brush weight on the carpet?

wet vs dry ....do the tangles in your hair brush out easier dry or wet with conditioner?
Pre-sprays are conditioners too

.L.TA.
Go ahead and put a woman’s head under a crb and tell us how it works.

Stupid analogy.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
We always and I mean always have used the soft brushes which on the tm series is white.

The carpet that shows damage with the correct operation of a crb is one that had that damage prior to commencing your job.

I’ve seen corn rowing and such but believe 100 percent that it was there prior to job commencement and thus needed the extra agitation to achieve the better result.

Reactions: SamIam

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The problem is with some guys, they use the fact that they have a crb, rotovac,dri-master or some other tool as a selling point. Then they use it on every job whether it needs it or not. I think you are better off to use the the right tool for the job. Cleaning newer, lightly soiled carpet does not call for a crb. Yes you want to vacuum or have it vacuumed prior to arrival to remove dry soil. After that, a light prespray with an appropriate product and rinse with an extraction detergent diluted properly will do an amazing job every time. When you get into trashed places, the last thing you are thinking of is, will my crb void the warranty? The customer just wants it clean. Any yarn untwisting will probably invisible. I have used 175's for years with no visible damage. Hell, when I started, we used to shampoo all carpets with a 175. I have used cylindrical power brushes for years with no adverse results. Pile lifters don't do any physical damage so I think all this ado about crb's is way over blown.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
That's why I stopped using the originally recommended here Shark, that you're such a big fan of Larry.

I'm the Bissel Cult Club Grand Poohbah, Ofer
The Shark was one of Mike's ole girlfriends he was madly in love with
I used them for a little while, but the damn junk roll brush motor dies too soon...and they're too expensive to be used as "throw-away" vacs

Last two vacs I bought were Bissels .
Cheaper, suck as well and adjustable carpet height roll brush

as far as CRBs, you and Sam mentioned the "right" brushes for the right job.
(and Lockhart too now)
I didn't imply you were of the "pack following masses"

You may not be aware, but 73.29% of CC'ers can't figure out how to pour water out of a boot on their own ....if the directions were on the sole.....
They'll fook-up that frieze you mentioned...and not have a clue why or how .....if they even notice it :oldrolleyes:

..L.T.A.

Reactions: ruff

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Shorty do you take a maid service as someone who knows carpet cleaning? It's just an add on for them.
I'm waiting for the final test results as we speak. And I can't wait for Mikey to claim it was him who brought it to everyone's attention. He did take claim to my acid rinse powder. The one that Tom Forsyth did so also.

And I do remember someone here who claimed my acid based prespray as his idea.

Soil is acid based so a acid based prespray is of the idea that like desolves like.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I had a guy call me all pissed off that his new CRB was destroying the carpet. He had bought it after watching one of my videos. He said the CRB was pulling the fibers out of the carpet. After talking with him for a while I figured out he was using the course brushes, Just like Jimmy.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I had a guy call me all pissed off that his new CRB was destroying the carpet. He had bought it after watching one of my videos. He said the CRB was pulling the fibers out of the carpet. After talking with him for a while I figured out he was using the course brushes, Just like Jimmy.
Of course.

Reactions: Nomad74

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Shorty do you take a maid service as someone who knows carpet cleaning? It's just an add on for them.
I'm waiting for the final test results as we speak. And I can't wait for Mikey to claim it was him who brought it to everyone's attention. He did take claim to my acid rinse powder. The one that Tom Forsyth did so also.

And I do remember someone here who claimed my acid based prespray as his idea.

Soil is acid based so a acid based prespray is of the idea that like desolves like.
With that sort of reasoning do you piss on piss spots to break it up? :eekk:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
The problem is with some guys, they use the fact that they have a crb, rotovac,dri-master or some other tool as a selling point. Then they use it on every job whether it needs it or not. I think you are better off to use the the right tool for the job. Cleaning newer, lightly soiled carpet does not call for a crb. Yes you want to vacuum or have it vacuumed prior to arrival to remove dry soil. After that, a light prespray with an appropriate product and rinse with an extraction detergent diluted properly will do an amazing job every time. When you get into trashed places, the last thing you are thinking of is, will my crb void the warranty? The customer just wants it clean. Any yarn untwisting will probably invisible. I have used 175's for years with no visible damage. Hell, when I started, we used to shampoo all carpets with a 175. I have used cylindrical power brushes for years with no adverse results. Pile lifters don't do any physical damage so I think all this ado about crb's is way over blown.

All say this even if a carpet that’s in decent shape.

Clean your crb and then see what ends up in it after your done!

There’s a reason they call it soil hiding characteristics!

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncle Joe

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Bunch of counter punchers! Nothing original on your own..............stupits

Reactions: SamIam

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom