Way to go Sapphire!

Name
John LaBarbera
and when are we going to auction off a T-REX?

Didn't you tell me that your REX blows away all the competition's units?

Man, you are full of questions. I guess inquiring minds want to know.

OK, question #1. No auction until my beta testing is done and the Trex is in production. It may be best to auction it off after Mikeyfest if there is going to be a Rotary Shoot Out there. Since the proceeds go to support Mikeysboard winning the Shoot Out would be a feather in the winners cap. As previously and duly noted, I have, in my zeal to get an item to market in the past, introduced something new prematurely. I don't intend to make that mistake again. So "no wine before it's time".

Question #2. Didn't I say, "the Trex blows away the competition?" OK, I'll bite. Yes, I did. Whats the point of making a product that would be inferior to what is already on the market. What I didn't say is "Not only is the Trex better, but Mytee is the only company in the group that cares about the PCC's and doesn't treat them like a "box of rocks"." (for the record, I'm not saying that) Not to kick a dead horse, but, that is where Hank went too far and so Ken asked for clarification. To label that as a witch hunt is BS. We should not have to feel that we are going to be attacked for just asking a question. In fairness to Hank, I think he is a fair man and just made a mistake in that expression. Maybe, when he gets back from vacation he will not see it as a witch hunt and just address it. Frankly, SS has done a great job in the assemblying of many talented people in the industry, especially the Studebakers.

Ok, I answered your question. Here's one for you. I will preface it this way. Don't get offended, I want to remain friends. You can tell me it's none of my business, I won't get offended. No witch hunt. Do you still own a 100% of Mikeysboard? Oh, nevermind, it IS none of my business.

Reactions: Ken Snow
Name
John LaBarbera
John when are you in NYC? I'd love to hook up with you and John.

I am actually staying in Lizzie bordens house SaturdAY BUT UP IN THE AIR ON nyc OR BLOCK ISLAND

I fly out today. I was going to call John T. while I was out there to say hello. He's been running one of my Escape ETM's and it would be nice to get an update. Don't know if we'll have time to all get together. I'll be in Manhatten through Monday. Are you going to Mikeyfest in Vegas?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
You're a class act John- I bet like me you have gaffed and owned up to it. I do it weekly it seems lol. I trust your opinion and hope this is what he will do.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: John LaBarbera

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
As previously and duly noted, I have, in my zeal to get an item to market in the past, introduced something new prematurely. I don't intend to make that mistake again

good move, John
You'll be a better company for it

..L.T.A.

FredC

Village Idiot
Question #2. Didn't I say, "the Trex blows away the competition?" OK, I'll bite. Yes, I did. Whats the point of making a product that would be inferior to what is already on the market. What I didn't say is "Not only is the Trex better, but Mytee is the only company in the group that cares about the PCC's and doesn't treat them like a "box of rocks"." (for the record, I'm not saying that) Not to kick a dead horse, but, that is where Hank went too far and so Ken asked for clarification. To label that as a witch hunt is BS. We should not have to feel that we are going to be attacked for just asking a question. In fairness to Hank, I think he is a fair man and just made a mistake in that expression. Maybe, when he gets back from vacation he will not see it as a witch hunt and just address it. Frankly, SS has done a great job in the assemblying of many talented people in the industry, especially the Studebakers.

Ok, I answered your question. Here's one for you. I will preface it this way. Don't get offended, I want to remain friends. You can tell me it's none of my business, I won't get offended. No witch hunt. Do you still own a 100% of Mikeysboard? Oh, nevermind, it IS none of my business.

My aren't we talkative this morning.

Hank did not say SS was the only company that cared about BDCCs either. The thread was originally about participation in the industry and more particularly the forums and I will tell you that in that context, which he prefaced the statement with, he is ABSOLUTELY 10000000% CORRECT. No I won't name names but if you are here arguing or mentioned in this thread as prrof otherwise you are probably not who he was talking about. Not that there aren't companies that do not participate on the forums that are great.

Ken Snow was not attacked for asking a question. In fact my original questions were more directed at the post after his. Ken chose to champion the cause.

To be honest I thought you and judson owned most of MB at this point....but its none of my business......

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I pretty much disagree with all ur comments Fred and at the same time honor your right to your opinion.

FredC

Village Idiot
Actually I WILL name names. There are a companies that value the opinion of 6k+ Mikey's Boarders (and other forums) and are active participants:

Mytee - John LaBarbera
Judson - Les Jones
Hydramaster - Doyle Bloss
SS - Bruders & Hank
Bridgepoint/Interlink - Scott Warrington

quite a few distributors
I'll add more later as they come to mind.......

Mikey P

Administrator
I would add Ricky G and Magic Wand to that list.

And yes John, MB is still owned by me and only me.

Fred is a employee/contractor of sorts.
He was given almost free reign to make this f
Site more feature rich and to enjoy a certain amount of the profits by doing so.

Don't you think he has done s wonderful job so fat?

So if we have to wait until march to auction off the trex, how would put like to settle your current outstanding invoice? Cash ,check or an auction for another item?

And thanks again for utilizing my board for your enjoyment and the spiritual growth of your company

FredC

Village Idiot
You're a class act John- I bet like me you have gaffed and owned up to it. I do it weekly it seems lol. I trust your opinion and hope this is what he will do.

Ken,

This was cleared up on page 2...did you somehow miss Bill's post?

FredC

Village Idiot
Who said anything about being impressed?

I just found his statements to be pretty clear on the matter.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The man misspoke, it was his opinion not the official Sapphire statement. Yes it definitely sounded like a dig, unneeded, I don't think there is any real value in the statement even if true. Which I believe is probably true.

The rest is damage control cover up.

I like Sapphire's products we buy and use a lot of them they make the good sh*t! :icon_cool:

Mikey P

Administrator
hmmm..

nope.

I luv this thread.

it wouldn't happen anywhere else, and everyone involved (or not) has learned a valuable lesson. Hopefully.

What I don't love is people holding others up to standards they don't hold for themselves.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
What I don't love is people holding others up to standards they don't hold for themselves.

Is that statement autobiographical?

And as is commonly done in politics, which you seem to practice: When did you stop beating your wife? :razz:

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
I also dont like two faced people.

all my true friends in life display their asshole gene very prominently.

I tend to associate with hard hitting mother f*ckers. I find them more interesting, easy to deal with and be around.

The Dale Carnegie types who play silly games just aint worth the effort, no matter how much beer they share.

and that was in no way a dig at you Ofer, you stuck up Owner Operator Greenf-ag.

or Ken, or John.

Last edited:
Reactions: SamIam

Mikey P

Administrator
btw, Ofer, besides offering tofu based presprays, what other aspects of YOUR life would you consider being "Green"?

Do you ride a bike or walk when you go shopping?
Do you make sure your SEP IRA only invests in companies with uber green politics?
Do you raise your own meat and veggies?
Do you own a Prius?
Do you run solar panels on both homes?
Do you support the fast food industry?
Do you recycle down to the last Starbucks cup insulator?
Do you refuse to work for people who don't live up to your green standards?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
btw, Ofer, besides offering tofu based presprays, what other aspects of YOUR life would you consider being "Green"?

Do you ride a bike or walk when you go shopping?
Do you make sure your SEP IRA only invests in companies with uber green politics?
Do you raise your own meat and veggies?
Do you own a Prius?
Do you run solar panels on both homes?
Do you support the fast food industry?
Do you recycle down to the last Starbucks cup insulator?
Do you refuse to work for people who don't live up to your green standards?
But of course, all of the above.
And then some :razz:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Ken,

This was cleared up on page 2...did you somehow miss Bill's post?

In fact not only didn't I miss it Fred, but if I do make the time to do a thread on spin control for businesses that get negative attention in the media or on a forum I would use his post as a classic example of what not to do. This has already been done internally and my team got it in a second. I assume MB'rs also do.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
yeah..

other than the prespray and maybe some recycling if it does not involve getting your hands dirty, I'd be willing to bet that your idea of Green is buying the organic, 10 cents more a pound apples at Safeway.
I'd prefer your insults to be shorter, twitable if possible.

I was particularly fond of: "stuck up Owner Operator Green***"

Or even better: "***"

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
I pretty much disagree with all ur comments Fred and at the same time honor your right to your opinion.

Its a mutual feeling Ken.

Where do we go from here?

Maybe I can find all the Joe Polish sites in Detroit so you can express your disgust and email them your employee handbook so they know how to do things in a Ken Snow approved fashion. We can probably even find you a cape and tights wear while doing it. :icon_twisted:

that last part was just so John can see the difference between an attack and me just expressing my opinion
:winky:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom