well fellow americans....

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Not really,

I'm more concerned with what that person is going to do in office the color of skin or shape of eyes is irrelivent particularly because the president doesn't really set policy the party does Democrat and Republican. If government, really these two political parties can control the economy then the economy should be great and everyone should have jobs..how's that working for many Americans?

Forget the chump change of 16+ trillion national debt for a second and consider the fact that this country is facing a 119+ trillion dollar deficit for Medicare, medicare, prescription drug program and Social Security. most state are in similar looming fiscal crisis. This isn't "new"... it was projected decades back way before Obama, Bush, Clinton, so what exactly have these "leaders" really the two parties been doing? it's more of the same public bribing on both sides we need to spend more on "education" "energy" "defense" everyone ignores the issue as if it will magically go away?

http://www.cato.org/publications/policy-analysis/bankrupt-entitlements-federal-budget

Those are promissory notes NOT debt, we have 0 legal obligation to honor any of it except bondholders.
Plus if you span out debt over 30 years then you have to with assets also, which would put us at like $300 trillion in assets and $120 T in debts, conservatively.

We are still a very wealthy country, the world didnt end.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Are you kidding? the feds are legally obligated to fund these "Mandatory programs" these are NOT part of the discretionary budget

The feds borrowed 2.5 trillion from social security much of it's money was spent more than a decade ago. This is money loaned from SS to the feds and that must be paid back by the feds it's a legal obligation. This from a government that's 1.3 trillion in the hole this year and project to be in the hole every year for increasing amounts of money by 2022 (10 years) 2 trillion dollars a year deficit, it's right there in the budget

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-250_162-6302588.html

Beyond that your point is Irrelevant, because there isn't any plan by democrats or republicans to manage debt or to run bring spending down and run a balanced budget.

Here's the fed budget & projections
http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/omb/budget/fy2013/assets/tables.pdf

Do you run your business that way? Does anyone here run a business that costs 33% more to operate every year than it takes in.. really?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Are you kidding? the feds are legally obligated to fund these "Mandatory programs" these are NOT part of the discretionary budget

The feds borrowed 2.5 trillion from social security much of it's money was spent more than a decade ago. This is money loaned from SS to the feds and that must be paid back by the feds it's a legal obligation. This from a government that's 1.3 trillion in the hole this year and project to be in the hole every year for increasing amounts of money by 2022 (10 years) 2 trillion dollars a year deficit, it's right there in the budget

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-250_162-6302588.html

Beyond that your point is Irrelevant, because there isn't any plan by democrats or republicans to manage debt or to run bring spending down and run a balanced budget.

Here's the fed budget & projections
http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/omb/budget/fy2013/assets/tables.pdf

Do you run your business that way? Does anyone here run a business that costs 33% more to operate every year than it takes in.. really?

Sooo, the government lends the government money. At what interest rate?
What happens if they default?

Nothing, because its like the ending of the movie Dumb and Dumber, a suitcase full of promissory notes...

Who cares what CBS news says anyway, Federal Reserve flow of funds report 2012 says US has $120-$150 trillion in assets today NOW.
Yes the future is looking bad but its like one of us saying to Ken, watch out we are growing at 100%...

In 20 years you are all mine...

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Ofer:

You missed the part about me wanting an America that is "disengaged in other contries business as it practically possible." I don't really care where Russia and China unless they are bothering us, or our allies.
I didn't miss it Marty.
Though I think you are missing my point about wishing for a world that no longer exists. It would not be achievable regardless of which miracle worker happens to be in the white house.

If you wish for American supremacy, the U.S. will have to be engaged with the rest of the world. Any opening (void) in the world arena will be filled. That's just how things are.

And isolationism was tried a few times in American history and never worked. See WW1 and what happened.

I didn't miss it Marty.
Though I think you are missing my point about wishing for a world that no longer exists. It would not be achievable regardless of which miracle worker happens to be in the white house.

If you wish for American supremacy, the U.S. will have to be engaged with the rest of the world. Any opening (void) in the world arena will be filled. That's just how things are.

And isolationism was tried a few times in American history and never worked. See WW1 and what happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh2iyPmucFk&feature=related

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I know that you may be mute Les. And I am certainly not trying to pick on the unfortunate.
However, something in that video suggests that if I want to keep my sweet innocence intact, I should not under any circumstances, click on it.

Can you verbalize?

If yes, please blink twice.

Last edited:

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
I am not up on politics at all, but I will and my company will adapt and overcome. I will talk with my CPA as to best handle the tax situation and see how this Obama care thing plays out. I certainly don't think Martial Law is imminent! If it is I will be heavily armed, stocked and ready to protect my Family and what's ours. In the meantime I will just keep building my company and providing unmatched quality of cleanings and customer service our industry needs so bad.

Able 1

Name
Keith
We won't have Obamacare here... Scott Walker is our Governer and it's not going to happen(states can opt out of this travesty) .. It's kind of funny that others don't follow what we have done in Wisconsin we are running at a SURPLUS!

Obama won the election(it was a good move, but pathetic) on this ad(18-30 female idiots):
[video=youtube;o6G3nwhPuR4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=o6G3nwhPuR4[/video]

I can't wait for the excuses from the left after a couple months or so...

Able 1

Name
Keith
This election was won on birth control and killing babies... I guess what ever floats your boat!

harryhides

Name
Tony
The future of America ? - a view from Canada

Four items -
Price of oil is now mid $80's and going down another 20 bucks. Shale Oil/Gas = US an energy exporter again soon and cheap gas for all.
Devalued currency = more competitive, Inflation and lower standards of living so buy anything REAL like land and buildings.
Think Greece and surely a Republican President in 4 years, big woop.
The incapability of demographics - an aging population = fewer do it your selfers and more work for all in our industry.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Sooo, the government lends the government money. At what interest rate?
What happens if they default?

Nothing, because its like the ending of the movie Dumb and Dumber, a suitcase full of promissory notes...

Who cares what CBS news says anyway, Federal Reserve flow of funds report 2012 says US has $120-$150 trillion in assets today NOW.
Yes the future is looking bad but its like one of us saying to Ken, watch out we are growing at 100%...

In 20 years you are all mine...

Clarification, The government lends money to the Federal Reserve. The reserve isn't part of the government it's a private for profit corporation consisting of 13 member banks. The reserve pays the “fed funds rate” currently .75% the reserve in part buy bonds with a yield 1.5 – 1.79% making 1 % on its “investment” charging us interest on our money but collateralize the printing of more dollars. The reserve is the largest holder of or national debt specifically because there are only 12 countries in the world with GDP the same of larger than our 1.3 trillion yearly deficit spending. In the 1980s the bond yield hit 15% , at 8% our current debt load would cost us about 1.6 trillion a year in interest or about 60% of the total current federal revenue.

In this case those promissory notes AKA federal reserve note (US Dollar) your money becomes worthless what will you use to buy fuel, food and pay your taxes.
It’s already devalued from quantitative easing to see in the dollar index Vs. oil
http://images.quickblogcast.com/1/4/5/7/4/156891-147541/AMD_Dollar_Vs_Oil.jpg#dollar vs OIL

look around we make very little what will you use to buy it with ? Artificially low interest rates to extend and perpetuate poor fiscal management and deficit spending are robbing us of buying power, will destroy the quality life, security and future for likely us and our kids.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
so keith...why did your state come up blue then??? aside from stupidity...lol

ohhh and coo dos for being in a surplus state....its great isnt it???

This election was won on birth control and killing babies... I guess what ever floats your boat!

FreeStuff-2.jpg

FredC

Village Idiot
When will you be moving? Your county looks awful blue........

speaking of moving...thought Mike moved all these after the ASS STOMPING your boy took.:winky:

FredC

Village Idiot
I switched to my computer and your county isn't blue....but surely living that close to a bunch of liberals is enough incentive huh?

Jay D

Name
Jay D
The COW AND THE ICE CREAM
ONE OF THE BEST analogies OF WHY OBAMA WON THE ELECTION

-->From a teacher in the Nashville area - -

"We are worried about 'the cow' when it is all about the 'Ice Cream. 'The most eye-opening civics lesson I ever had was while teaching 3rd grade. The last Presidential election was heating up and some of the children showed an interest. I decided we would have an election for a class president. We would choose our nominees. They would make a campaign speech and the class would vote. To simplify the process, candidates were nominated by other class members. We discussed what kinds of characteristics these students should have. We got many nominations and from those, Jamie and Olivia were picked to run for the top spot.
The class had done a great job in their selections. Both candidates were good kids.

I thought Jamie might have an advantage because he got lots of parental support.

I had never seen Olivia's mother.

The day arrived when they were to make their speeches.

Jamie went first.

He had specific ideas about how to make our class a better place.
He ended by promising to do his very best.

Everyone applauded and he sat down.

Now it was Olivia's turn to speak.

Her speech was concise. She said, "If you will vote for me, I will give you ice cream."
She sat down.

The class went wild. "Yes! Yes! We want ice cream."

She surely would say more. She did not have to.

A discussion followed. How did she plan to pay for the ice cream? She wasn't sure.
But no one pursued that question. They took her at her word.

Would her parents buy it or would the class pay for it...She didn't know.

The class really didn't care. All they were thinking about was ice cream...

Jamie was forgotten. Olivia won by a landslide.

Every time Barack Obama opened his mouth he offered ice cream
and 51.4 % of the people reacted like nine year old's.

They want ice cream.

The other 48.6% percent know they're going to have to feed the cow and clean up the mess."

Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else.
Did you vote for the ice cream?

THAT MY FRIEND, IS HOW OBAMA GOT ELECTED...
BY THOSE WHO WANT EVERYTHING FOR FREE!

I will pray for our president and nation either way. These coming years will be interesting and will require intestinal fortitude to sucede in the coming economy.

Able 1

Name
Keith
so keith...why did your state come up blue then??? aside from stupidity...lol

ohhh and coo dos for being in a surplus state....its great isnt it???

Because we have a LOT of people that LOVE "free stuff"..

Here is an example: So Scott Walker won his election TWICE why because the "free stuff" did not effect the minority. Act 10 is what they tried to recall Scott Walker for which just meant that government workers would chip in a very minimal amount for their health insurance. The government workers were livid and still are despite the fact that it was really for the better for the state and for everyone in it.. Prime example of greed, and thinking only of themselves.

The reason I think this election came down to 18-30 year old "women" is because the people that vote for free stuff will always vote that way... On the other hand these women think there entitled to free birth control(sad to think the country was given away for $9 a month) and to be able to kill there baby if they make a mistake("I might need a redo").. Sad really!

rhyde

Name
rhyde

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." Winston Churchill

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."
benjamin franklin

When government accepts responsibility for people, then people no longer take responsibility for themselves. George Pataki

Reactions: KevinL

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Every time Barack Obama opened his mouth he offered ice cream
and 51.4 % of the people reacted like nine year old's.

They want ice cream.

Makes total sense.
Though considering the analogy, every time Romney opened his mouth he offered bullshit.
Makes you wonder what his voters wanted :eekk: ?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
sometimes bullshit by means of hard work and fight....

is better then the ice cream you stole from the kid next door

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
sometimes bullshit by means of hard work and fight....

is better then the ice cream you stole from the kid next door

Sorry for the misunderstanding Doug.
When I said bullshit, I meant: Bull's Shit.
Like this: :bullshit:

Was that clearer? :razz:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom