What have we got here?... 2015 Sapphire Pro 1200 unveiled..

Sapphirerick

Name
Rick Aranda
I love it![/QUOT
I'm really impressed. Looks like a winner!

I like the layout. Everything I see indicates a well-engineered unit, with lots of attention to detail. The drive train looks good, both the clutch end and driven end brackets are very beefy, great machine work and welding. Fit and finish look top-notch! I like the idler for easy belt changes. When I see the pic where speed is being checked with a stroboscopic tachometer I know this is no seat-of-the-pants engineering effort.

The little things make a big difference - from the brass (not plastic) dump valve to the 'burp' petcock at the HX high-point - nice. The rubber straps to secure the waste tank lid are decidedly low-tech - no sense over-complicating things when you don't have to!

I only have a couple geek-type questions - In the pics I see two different blower to waste tank connections. I like the straight connectors with arched hose better than the angled connector (weldment). I wonder which one made it to production?

View attachment 2366

View attachment 2367

Also, The main belt tensioner/idler - is it spring loaded or manually adjusted?

Good job Sapphire!
We truly appreciate the compliments. I'd like to give one back to the board as a whole. You guys are very insightful and quite observant(including Sutley haha).
Dan the bottom pic is the production model.

Sapphirerick

Name
Rick Aranda
I'm really impressed. Looks like a winner!

I like the layout. Everything I see indicates a well-engineered unit, with lots of attention to detail. The drive train looks good, both the clutch end and driven end brackets are very beefy, great machine work and welding. Fit and finish look top-notch! I like the idler for easy belt changes. When I see the pic where speed is being checked with a stroboscopic tachometer I know this is no seat-of-the-pants engineering effort.

The little things make a big difference - from the brass (not plastic) dump valve to the 'burp' petcock at the HX high-point - nice. The rubber straps to secure the waste tank lid are decidedly low-tech - no sense over-complicating things when you don't have to!

I only have a couple geek-type questions - In the pics I see two different blower to waste tank connections. I like the straight connectors with arched hose better than the angled connector (weldment). I wonder which one made it to production?

View attachment 2366

View attachment 2367

Also, The main belt tensioner/idler - is it spring loaded or manually adjusted?

Good job Sapphire!
Spring loaded. Simplicity is key!

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I want one. That thing looks AWESOME!

I love how it's built at the factory as a single, solid unit. I imagine that will help to insure it gets married to the van easily and with little room for error. Install is HUGE, that's why Butler is king.

This looks like a really practical way to deal with quality control.

80 gallon fresh tank is small. (Maybe that was waste tank??)

Can't wait to drool over it in Clearwater...

Last edited:

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
At this time we are not retrofitting anything as we have our hands full producing at full capacity. I suspect we may revisit the filter box for other machines in our lineup in the future. The same goes for the chemical tank. We did not put a sight tube on the Water Pond. The plastic is opaque and from the back side you can see the water level.

Thats true you can see thru the opaque tank if the sun and lighting is just right and you squint your eyes but show me a van that doesn't have equipment up against the that tank where the tank is still visible.

Reactions: Sapphirerick

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
No wonder manufacturers cringe at the forum idea....they can come out with a new design that's not even on the road yet and we already have ideas who, how, when, will have the sledgehammer coming down from.

But that's why WE like forums- keep companies a bit more honest and can have real world guys reporting back on performance and customer service performance as well.. ...Maybe.

Reactions: ronbeatty

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd sure as hell hate you fookers BUT if you want to improve a product what better way than to listen to the audience you're selling to.

WELL, with the exception of Pigsnot!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ronbeatty and Zee

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
367bfdf04925024ffe4e22252b33e533a4b77ede146dbcfb985e332d0bcfd8c8.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom