What have we got here?... 2015 Sapphire Pro 1200 unveiled..

Dennis Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Dennis Bruders
Ashley, I will check into the exact years (late model GM) but I can tell you from experience that most distributors will limit the age and mileage on the van the unit is installed in to 30,ooo miles or under. Thats not to say some will install in higher mileage vans. In regards to the engine the 6.0 liter V8. While there is always debate on the fuel enconomy of the 4.8 l versus the 6.0 liter there is and arguement to be made that once we load up all the tools of the trade including water tank, porty, dehu ETC the fuel economy of the 4.8l is nuetralized because it is working harder than the 6.0l. Besides the 6.0L is a proven work horse of a motor.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Very impressive for a DD system, just a hair shy of 500cfm, could dual Zipper/Rotary extractor (Whatever tool is always on the floor) at short hose lengths if there's enough flow from the pump.

Attachments

• upload_2015-4-13_20-53-50.png
    upload_2015-4-13_20-53-50.png
    141.5 KB · Views: 156
Reactions: Mikey P

Sapphirerick

Name
Rick Aranda
rick can you please call branden @ crown and get me quoted on this? he is working me up a quote to add another 570 now but this has me very interested..i will ask him to call you tomorrow but if you dont hear from him pretty soon..

thanks
dave
Hey buddy!
Give me a ring tomorrow. 360-770-1428!

Reactions: Mikey P

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
This machine looks so awesome. I was 100% set on buying a CDS this fall/next spring, but Sapphire has me reconsidering.

Hopefully there is some good real world feedback available soon.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Art what setup are you running know that you want a different setup next time around?

2012 Legend GT w/ Belly tank in a 2012 Chevy Express Standard Length. I have zero complaints about my current set-up, it has been very reliable.

I have just always wanted a direct drive, but couldn't quite afford it during start up. As soon as the Legend is paid off I will sell the complete package and upgrade. Hopefully it will have decent value with low to moderate miles and hours.

I am hours away from a mechanic/distributor, so I was really leaning Butler, but I've got to have more available space than they offer.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I'm not saying the space in a Butler is all that great, but you may be surprised to find it actually has more space than your slide in. At least, it has more than mine ... but mine has a 55 gallon water tank and a #4 Little Giant heater back there.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
I'm not saying the space in a Butler is all that great, but you may be surprised to find it actually has more space than your slide in. At least, it has more than mine ... but mine has a 55 gallon water tank and a #4 Little Giant heater back there.

Yeah, I'm sure it would work and be more room than I have now. At the moment I'm getting dang sick of putting my Cimex on and off the van whenever I have encap work. Not enough room to carry everything. Some of that has to do with the fact that my Rokan electric reel is a space hog.

West

Name
Clint
Question for the Sapphire guys. It is my understanding (maybe I'm wrong) that you can not put a direct drive in the new Ford's, Dodges, and model year 2017 Chevrolets due to motor location in the new style vans. If this is true, why do this Pro1200 redesign for less than 2 years of production? Also this is like the 3 version I have seen of the Pro1200 since you guys bought the rights just a few years ago, very confusing for the consumer.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
I don't believe the Chevy Express has a phase out date yet. I would think sales will be strong since it is the last traditional style van left.

Reactions: BLewis

West

Name
Clint
Didn't see that post about the hydraulic motor mount, that makes much more sense now, thank you. A local Chevrolet dealership told me 2017 model year was the change?

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
I have read many times that 2017 is the last year for the Cheverolet. They are partnering with Nissan to provide us a large uglier then all "Euro"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom