what I cleaned today..

Becker

Name
Becker
Policy I'm sure. If you must roll. Rollaway from the clients house. Or maybe it is a 4 way thing.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
The wheel blocks are incase he forgets to pull forward and backs into the house duh!

I like your new vacuum Mike they're on sale at Home Depot 3x capacity is great they pick up so much crap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Nate W.
The wheel blocks are incase he forgets to pull forward and backs into the house duh!

I like your new vacuum Mike they're on sale at Home Depot 3x capacity is great they pick up so much crap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Not in Hawaii..... :cry:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Number three was this lady..
http://mikeysboard.com/forum/index.php?threads/and-your-reply-would-be.276265/

Fun job after all.

The last time I was there two years ago they were packing up to move to a small beach town in Mexico. He retired early from Cisco and wanted a change of pace. they would rent their house until sure Mexico was for them.
13 months later they tired of the Mexicans and moved on, spent a few months in Florida ("Nice beach, Floridians suck") than a few more in South Africa. All beach towns. While coming home to Giraffes and Zebra in your driveway had it's charm the poverty, theft and lions sent them packing. Came home found a buyer for their house in 12 days, will rent in Monterey for a few months than pack up 90 year old Dad who want to go home to die and move to England until then. Then its off to see the rest of Europe.

All that time spent on 3rd world beaches made her too aware of pollution and the careless attitude of most people. Now she's taking it to the extreme as you can see in her email.

20141110_140755_zpskmcidxfl.jpg

Loads of bleach stains in her carpet as well as impacted soil.. I used Sapphire's One Earth Prespray and Rinse liquid, the HOSS to make up for lack of oompf and trimmed with the Ti. Very happy with the results and never mentioned a thing about method or materials. Great conversation

4th job as an add on for a couple cups of latex paint that got spilled on Saturday. They used my spotting guide online and got great results. They went a bit overboard with some Latex remover As Seen On TV product and caused some delamination but after a good flushing with the HOSS ( remaining paint was very visible in the clear tube), it looked perfect. No products used, just soft water.

A great study in human nature, and the pursuit of happiness. And I say "pursuit" because I really don't think these people are going to find what they are looking for anywhere they go.

You are a great story teller Mike. I've told you before, as others have, that you are the Anthony Bourdain of the cleaning industry. You need to do this more.

Mikey P

Administrator
1st, Retired College professors. 13 year old wool Berber, never cleaned. One bad tea stain from two years ago. Must have been loaded with milk cause the 40 made it foam an inch thick.
20141112_102234_zpsqjgvizfx.jpg

She says she used only water and a sponge so it's sort of interesting that the milk protein is still reactive 2 years later. Unfortunately it only lighted a tad.
2 bed rooms, bath and hall. Shark, SS One earth and Oxy powder boost, Ti and 802 wand..
20141112_102346_zpsd9lzetyg.jpg

2nd, 8 month old Stainmaster sculpted. Already cleaned with their Bisslle suckmop 3 times. Filthy garage, 3 cats, toddler...filthy.
Flex, Rotovac, TI wand trim.Came out 100% perfect.

3rd, micro houndstooth sectional, only dirty on the piping where her two 100 pound mutts rub along. SS One Earth and SS clear Head. Releasit and a cotton towle on the piping.
Nylon staircase and a funky wool loop tufted done with the SS1E as well.

20141112_143714_zpsxezyyodt.jpg

20141112_161004_zpsqjjmtquo.jpg

20141112_162500_zpsygjsvsnk.jpg

20141112_164253_zpsptetnpjd.jpg

the boys had four of their own..

Mikey P

Administrator
2 jobs today..

Long long timers from my Coit days..

Kids all gone so just once a year now.

White nylon, One Earth with Oxy booster, Titanium, 802 and the HOSS.

20141113_105015_zpsfgcvmmma.jpg

I biffed it coming down this staircase once, managed to hold on to the 175 the whole way down..

20141113_113030_zpshnouykyu.jpg

Pretty bad sun rot in the MBR

20141113_115505_zpskit2ijrp.jpg

20141113_115516_zpsbs5ysfam.jpg

beth.jpg

Next lady is not far away but both jobs are down in Monterey so as you can see, we have them now trained to contact each other before booking..

Untitledpat.jpg

20141113_130612_zpsydinn1ti.jpg

White nylon Berber in the hall and bed rooms, crappy polyester in the MBR. Used the Brush Pro on it for the first time this visit and was a bit shocked over how much we dug out. She refused to look when I asked her to come see..lol
Redline and Oxy, Ti and 802.

20141113_125643_zps5sgsgmic.jpg

Not a big day but there is a Mexican joint down there that has the world's best Habanero Salsa that I physically crave..

20141113_143842_zpsmkuvzyuz.jpg

I'll ride down there just for that so the $800 spiff makes it even better.

Mikey P

Administrator
Took Pepper to get a haircut,
Had the Orthopedic talk me out of surgery and try orthodics and a month of my foot instead of two or more months in a cast..
Measure two theaters with a total of 8 screens and 130 steps and 5800 square feet.
Estimated a small office where that last cleaner who was recommended by the Sparklets Man took four visits and still failed at getting out the big water spill spot in the lobby.
Found the source of the stench coming from under my house..
image (1).jpeg

Installed a vent fan to help with the constant moisture coming from local springs
Scooped some dog poop
Watered the hens
and paid the price for eating 8 ounces of raw Habaneros ..

Reactions: SamIam

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Had the Orthopedic talk me out of surgery and try orthodics and a month of my foot instead of two or more months in a cast..
Measure two theaters with a total of 8 screens and 130 steps and 5800 square feet.
Estimated a small office where that last cleaner who was recommended by the Sparklets Man took four visits and still failed at getting out the big water spill spot in the lobby.
View attachment 405
Installed a vent fan to help with the constant moisture coming from local springs
Scooped some dog poop
Watered the hens

Going to need at least this to begin with....definitely safety Goggles because when you start breaking that old pipe with a hammer, it breaks and flies.

put some silicone sealant on the adaptors to the cast iron and maybe the pvc pieces (straight pipe and new pvc elbow you will be installing) make sure the is set so the waste flows "downhill"....then get out of there and take a shower, because that job is going to suck!

Been there!

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Fernco-4...u=100147217&ci_src=328768002&ci_sku=100147217

This article says use a cast iron pipe cutter....yeah...right....hammer and look out :)

http://www.ehow.com/how_5059292_tie-pvc-cast-iron.html

You are probably going to need some more of that strapping you have there as you are going to eliminate a good portion of that straight pipe also and of course a new pvc elbow.

Oh....and possibly better advice from dgardner than what I am giving :)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
View attachment 405
Scooped some dog poop
Watered the hens
That's what ate a hole in that pipe! ;)

What about throwing some 6 or 10 mil poly sheeting down to cover the ground and prevent some of that moisture???

Mikey P

Administrator
Prevent it from what?

It's from springs that are all over this neighborhood/city.

Wouldn't plastic just trap the moisture and cause it to go extra funky and oooze out the seams?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Is it running in or diffusing in as vapor? I'm assuming vapor.

If its vapor as in higher moisture then I'd put what called a boat sheet on the floor (10-mil) and wrap it up the sides of the foundation wall a couple of feet. Seal around all pipes coming up from the floor with the poly and duct tape.

The key to keeping the crawl space dry is to treat it as a part of the built environment. Using the sheeting, sealing up vents and then add a small dehumidifier with a condensate pump to control the humidity, should do that.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If its a real problem then its going to needs some pro work. They use drainage pipe along the perimeter and 20-mil vapor barrier. http://www.americover.com/crawl_space_encapsulation_50_ctg.htm

You could do it yourself as far as its not hard but then who wants to spend hours in the crawl space. I hate it down there, dark spiders and mice, I'm too fat to fit in some areas too. :redface:

Contact Clean Space and see if they have someone near you.

http://www.basementsystems.com/lp/ppc/cleanspace/index.php?ppc=googleppc&marin=sgJNjI1RQ_dc&gaw=nw:s;id:21666237159;kw:cleanspace crawl space;type:b;ap:1t1;device:&gclid=CJzc3OT1_MECFQeNaQod53QAdg

I sent one of my guys out there for training, at one time we were going to sell and install the systems.

rolla nz

Name
Shane
If its a real problem then its going to needs some pro work. They use drainage pipe along the perimeter and 20-mil vapor barrier. http://www.americover.com/crawl_space_encapsulation_50_ctg.htm

You could do it yourself as far as its not hard but then who wants to spend hours in the crawl space. I hate it down there, dark spiders and mice, I'm too fat to fit in some areas too. :redface:

Contact Clean Space and see if they have someone near you.

http://www.basementsystems.com/lp/ppc/cleanspace/index.php?ppc=googleppc&marin=sgJNjI1RQ_dc&gaw=nw:s;id:21666237159;kw:cleanspace crawl space;type:b;ap:1t1;device:&gclid=CJzc3OT1_MECFQeNaQod53QAdg

I sent one of my guys out there for training, at one time we were going to sell and install the systems.

We do this in NZ
stops the (rising damp)helps alot
Polythene overlaid on the ground wrapped up the foundation wall and taped to the concrete ( I usualy attach a timber batten over the top edge to secure the poly to the wall ) and tape around the internal piles
Here we leave the vents open though to keep the airflow, more air flow the better
So many here cover the vents and then wonder why they have dampness issues

Also we put 50mm polystyrene between the floor joists which gives about 1.5 extra thermal rating to your house

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom