What is the best wand for me to buy?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
does anyone (Shawn) know what the Steam Genie 2" two jet scratch wand was.....
and what would be a fair price to ask for it.....Para Plate valve....?

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Prochem quad is a beast. And exceptionally durable.
No kidding, I'm sure you could use it as a sledgehammer if you ran into some demo work, well built wand. I have 4 wands but keep going back to the 14" 2" tubed hybrid glided Westpak. It comes with a soft touch valve. Prochem has good valves but the soft touch is a lot easier on the wrist.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
He has a 36 blower and is concerned about vacuum loss etc. A 14" may compromise suction and or water lift.

Yea, between the PC quad and upholstery tool, you can stick build an entire home. PC is into diversification.
Besides, tools like these build character.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I agree with the 14" comment and compromised suck. 12" is the best for me. Any time I use the 14" it just doesn't seem like the suckmop is pulling as much.

Make fun of me all you want....but I love the aw29

Reactions: Russ T.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
:clap:,
I agree with the 14" comment and compromised suck. 12" is the best for me. Any time I use the 14" it just doesn't seem like the suckmop is pulling as much.

Make fun of me all you want....but I love the aw29
My unglided aw29 is my goto 95% of the time while my glided Ti wand just sits in the van as backup or only for blasting out huge areas in short time. I don't like to prevacuum and the aw29 pulls out tons of debris, is lightweight, at 1 1/2" is comfortable to use, and you can fly with it. This summer I hacked out a 5-6000 sq ft industrial job that had probably never been vacuumed in 20-30 years in less than 3 hours (because I screwed up and thought it was a small job and booked 2 more jobs after) with this little workhorse wand taking care of vaccing, prespray,emulsfier rinse, all in one step:icon_razz:. Filthy dirty place, came out great. With the 33 blower the OP mentioned, this type of 12" wand is best.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I bought that wand, the wand is a good but that handle isn't, that trigger puts a ton of stress on your wrist, I sold that wand and replaced it with the same wand regular soft touch valve.
The pistol grip needs to be like car wash style to really help, really that grip hurt my hands bad.
With car wash style your pushing, pulling with a straight arm grip, with there trigger gun set up you need to tilt wand higher due to it drops the head at a funny angle, and when you do lift your wrist gets put in a terrible angle.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

this one....
http://www.westpakusa.com/Item150/14___TRUCKMOUNT_WAND_MAXIMUM_FLOW.html

then get the better handle from Cobb.....

IMG_5931_zps651b4494.jpg

you will have one of the best wands out there............

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Does the AW29 come in 14"

I am curious as to why the AW29 does not necessarily need a glide (smoother surface? Narrower opening? ???) and say the Westpak or PMF 802 do?

Certain times it definitely comes in handy to have a larger opening to be able to pick up more debris whih is not possible even with the slotted glide.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Jim
Where did you get the grab handle that is nice looking

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Does the AW29 come in 14"

I am curious as to why the AW29 does not necessarily need a glide (smoother surface? Narrower opening? ???)

smoother ...maybe the head angle??
you can actually push it forward without killing the shoulders

802 isn't quite as easy

glideless cleans deeper on cut piles .
anyone that says different is clueless
Throw a glide on a wand (any wand) and you need to increase PSI, flow and vac to get same results

Glides make work easier ..not cleaner

..L.T.A.

Reactions: ruff and dgardner

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom