What is the best wand for me to buy?

hogjowl

Idiot™
smoother ...maybe the head angle??
you can actually push it forward without killing the shoulders

802 isn't quite as easy

glideless cleans deeper on cut piles .
anyone that says different is clueless
Throw a glide on a wand (any wand) and you need to increase PSI, flow and vac to get same results

Glides make work easier ..not cleaner

..L.T.A.

Thus, it's possible to achieve the same level of cleaning with a glide, and achieve it using less energy.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
It doesn't "need" a glide because it doesn't move much air. The more airflow, the more bite a wand has.

The 802 and the AW29 are totally different wands, the 802 moves more air than the AW29.

They do make a 14" AW29. Any CMP distributor can order it, it is their model number 1410.

After the Prochem Titanium my favorite wand is still the 14", 5 jet, 2" tubed CMP low profile wand.

If you are looking for a lightweight, maneuverable wand for tight areas that still has good flow and is cheap, look at the Westpak 2 jet low profile wand:

http://www.westpakusa.com/Item295/10_0530.html

Of all of the 2 jet, 12" 1.5" tubed wands it moves the most air. At least it did when we tested it against the other 12" 2 jetters a few years back. We were really surprised, that little wand sucks like a two-dollar whore.

Take care,
Lisa

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
this one....
http://www.westpakusa.com/Item150/14___TRUCKMOUNT_WAND_MAXIMUM_FLOW.html

then get the better handle from Cobb.....

IMG_5931_zps651b4494.jpg

you will have one of the best wands out there............

Thanks!

Only $500 too.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
It doesn't "need" a glide because it doesn't move much air. The more airflow, the more bite a wand has.

The 802 and the AW29 are totally different wands, the 802 moves more air than the AW29.

They do make a 14" AW29. Any CMP distributor can order it, it is their model number 1410.

After the Prochem Titanium my favorite wand is still the 14", 5 jet, 2" tubed CMP low profile wand.

If you are looking for a lightweight, maneuverable wand for tight areas that still has good flow and is cheap, look at the Westpak 2 jet low profile wand:

http://www.westpakusa.com/Item295/10_0530.html

Of all of the 2 jet, 12" 1.5" tubed wands it moves the most air. At least it did when we tested it against the other 12" 2 jetters a few years back. We were really surprised, that little wand sucks like a two-dollar whore.

Take care,
Lisa
Great post Lisa and good to know. Do you have a link to that wand (CMP low profile) and why do you like it the most?

Also, did you consider making a glide with a larger opening that will pick more debris, yet will still be able to move smoothly on the carpet without fighting it too much?

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Great post Lisa and good to know. Do you have a link to that wand (CMP low profile) and why do you like it the most?

Also, did you consider making a glide with a larger opening that will pick more debris, yet will still be able to move smoothly on the carpet without fighting it too much?

Unfortunately, CMP doesn't have a website, but any CMP distributor can order it to your specs. It moves A LOT of air, has a nice open dwell and they borrow the "attic" design from the Butler wands, which helps evenly distribute airflow across the wand head. Good welds, not too thin on the sheet metal, comfortable to hold. Just a nice wand.

As far as the opening size of the holes or slots on the glides:

Width-wise (front to back) you are limited by the slot of the wand. Your orifices must be smaller than the width/dwell of the slot or you will draw in debris that is too large to pass through the slot and the glide will clog constantly. Also the larger the opening the more operators with smaller machines (portys, Banes, #3 blower units) will lose significant amount of water recovery. Big holes are fine when hooked to a big machine, but kill dry times on small machines (or very long hose runs).

Take care,
Lisa

Reactions: hogjowl

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I stand behind the 16 inch highly modified 20 year old POS castex wand.

Bitch!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Also using NON foaming cleaning chems will increase the airflow of any wand.

BaZing!

Reactions: hogjowl

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I've been out in the outhouse all this time sniffing methane fumes and getting enlightened!

IDIOT!

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Actually Shawn Forsythe and I try to think up new and important technical terms to describe what slows down airflow in wands.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Actually Shawn Forsythe and I try to think up new and important technical terms to describe what slows down airflow in wands.

Ever clean after someone has been cleaning with their Kirby for a decade and a half? Holy crap, talk about bubblification! I used more liquid and powder defoamer on that job than on all of the jobs I ever did before or since, COMBINED. What a mess!

Take care,
Lisa

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I highly recommend the 2 inch Evolution wand. It outperforms a Glided Ti wand and even a water claw at water removal. We have a 1 1/2 inch Evolution for when we are doing small rugs on location because it has less suction.

I recommend dumping All 1 1/2 inch wands AS your MAIN WAND because you are just diminishing the performance of your machine.

We run Large blowers here and over the years I have broken about 5 Evolutions wands, Which U.S. Products has replaced for free. I think this is a little unfair TO U.S. Products, and they might change their policy in the future; but This shows what a great company they are.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
We run Large blowers here and over the years I have broken about 5 Evolutions wands, Which U.S. Products has replaced for free. I think this is a little unfair TO U.S. Products, and they might change their policy in the future; but This shows what a great company they are.
And how crappy Evolution wands are. I have never broken a ss or ti wand. Five wands! Geeze. At least they replaced them free. I doubt you would have bought more after the first one or two broke. Something is horribly wrong with the structural integrity there.

Reactions: Russ T.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
And how crappy Evolution wands are. I have never broken a ss or ti wand. Five wands! Geeze. At least they replaced them free. I doubt you would have bought more after the first one or two broke. Something is horribly wrong with the structural integrity there.

I've been buying their wands since they first came out- and I have them on all my vans and in my plant- and some vans have back-up Evo-wands in case jets get clogged or trigger goes out while on the job.
Yes Metal wands do last forever-- but-
My goal is to remove as much water from the carpet as possible, Its important to the customer and my reputation.
The vortex as well as my other machines create a lot of "bite" on the carpet and wand. so It is understandable that plastic wont last as long as Metal-- and I think EVO is lighter then my Ti.

You might be right-- I might not have bought more wands if I had to pay full price for a new. IMHO I think U.S. Products should change their Lifetime guarantee policy so that it is fairer to Them. They should lower the price to about $800 and If it breaks-- only replace the wand and Not the plumbing for about- maybe $400.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
I highly recommend the 2 inch Evolution wand. It outperforms a Glided Ti wand and even a water claw at water removal. We have a 1 1/2 inch Evolution for when we are doing small rugs on location because it has less suction.

I recommend dumping All 1 1/2 inch wands AS your MAIN WAND because you are just diminishing the performance of your machine.

Please keep in Mind-- I haven't tried the Zipper or the CX-15-- Those wands have sparked my interest!

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Lisa, it would be great if you could release another greenhorn style wand based on the new Westpac Ti. A glided, angled 5 jet, strong and light 14" wand would be awesome.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom