What was the best "thing" you bought for your business this year?

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
These last 2 months really allowed us to do some upgrading here and there. 2 new sanitaire vacuums, another Sandia, 17 inch Brush Pro, One more Clark 17 and last night, bought this.....

newcar.jpg

transit.jpg

If we can stay on target for revenue in 2018 and with my 18 budget, we should be able to profit 35%. Here is to a good 2018 for all! We are selling off the HOST Machines on ebay soon after the new motor shourds and gear case covers come in. I'm spending around $500 a month on replacing them because of how shitty they are made. Crack easy and HOST says its roughness. They literally crack a week after getting them. So, Brush Pros are what we want to stock up on but continue using the HOST Compound...

This thing is beautiful..

brushproo.jpg

Only down fall in this, with all the spending we are doing upgrading, I will not be going to the Mikey's Fest in Flordia. My first one in Phoenix was a really awesome learning experience. I'll be at the next one closer to home.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
These last 2 months really allowed us to do some upgrading here and there. 2 new sanitaire vacuums, another Sandia, 17 inch Brush Pro, One more Clark 17 and last night, bought this.....

View attachment 76519
View attachment 76520

If we can stay on target for revenue in 2018 and with my 18 budget, we should be able to profit 35%. Here is to a good 2018 for all! We are selling off the HOST Machines on ebay soon after the new motor shourds and gear case covers come in. I'm spending around $500 a month on replacing them because of how shitty they are made. Crack easy and HOST says its roughness. They literally crack a week after getting them. So, Brush Pros are what we want to stock up on but continue using the HOST Compound...

View attachment 76521

Only down fall in this, with all the spending we are doing upgrading, I will not be going to the Mikey's Fest in Flordia. My first one in Phoenix was a really awesome learning experience. I'll be at the next one closer to home.
You need to go to the close ones

Reactions: SamIam and Mikey P

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I've spent so much money this year, I'm gonna be pissed if uncle sam has his hand out wanting some of it also. We'll see what my CPA says in late January

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I got fined $700.00 for working my son too many hours when he was 16. I told the auditor my father slaved me. She said as a corp he was seen like any other employee. I protested but lost my appeal.

How many of those Turbos do you have?

I think if you had one more, you could help the kid...or get another kid to work for you :)

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
@Charlie Lyman. I got a new puppy. That’s business related, cause I’ve been cleaning up after her accidents. She is about house broken. I wonder if I can write her off? Classify it as research and development. Education

Reactions: Charlie Lyman
Name
Matt Middleton
the TRex's are working better than the 360's?

How so?
We started out with RV power wands back in the 90's. Then graduated to the 360, 360i, quad head and then brush head. Each was definite improvement.

The T-rex simply took it to the next level. Because of using Butler TMs we are able to see how much stuff in in the filter bag and how much water we use to clean vs what we extract and the dry times.

We saw an immediate improvement on all stages based on regular client results. Much more dirt in the filter, waste tank guage showed much better recovery. The dry times were greatly reduced.

Rotovac is a great company. They have terrific equipment, we used them for over 19 years. However for I'd the results can't be denied when we compare the RV to the T-rex.

Mikey P

Administrator
We started out with RV power wands back in the 90's. Then graduated to the 360, 360i, quad head and then brush head. Each was definite improvement.

The T-rex simply took it to the next level. Because of using Butler TMs we are able to see how much stuff in in the filter bag and how much water we use to clean vs what we extract and the dry times.

We saw an immediate improvement on all stages based on regular client results. Much more dirt in the filter, waste tank guage showed much better recovery. The dry times were greatly reduced.

Rotovac is a great company. They have terrific equipment, we used them for over 19 years. However for I'd the results can't be denied when we compare the RV to the T-rex.

What is your theory on why such similar designs, one would be that much better, added weight?

Did you ever use the brush heads on either 360? Both increase the machine's performance immensely.

Name
Matt Middleton
What is your theory on why such similar designs, one would be that much better, added weight?

Did you ever use the brush heads on either 360? Both increase the machine's performance immensely.
Yes we upgraded to the brush head for the 360i and it stepped up the results! Again no complaints about the RV tools. They are a great company, great people.

The T-rex vacuum slots are different size and shape. And the brush head addition is a bonus. The weight seems to help. The first few days it felt like it was a 4 wheel drive gripping the road! Still does but we are used to it.

I always always tweak out our stuff. On the T-rex, we added an RV style sight tube with a permanent run of vacuum hose to the handle then topped off with a flash cuff. It disconnects close to the solution hook up. I replaced the stock solution valve with a brass needle valve so the vacuum and solution hose hook ups are close together, not sticking out that far and easier to get into to tight places. And added a handle 2/3 down the the handle for balance so that you could carry it with one hand, but still...heavier the than 360.

About dry times. Because of running the 360i for years we developed a good see and feel for how much water we extracted. We have so many repeat clients over the years and restaurants it was easy to compare the results. I don't know why precisely (weight, jets, shape of slots?) but the T-rex absolutely recovers demonstrably more water. Not that it was bad with the 360i just that this performs better.

J

JS41035

Any true tile and grout cleaning professional will have at least 5 Turbo hybrids on the truck at all times. And a pristine 17” Turbo that looks so clean people might think you’ve only used it twice in 2 years.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I got fined $700.00 for working my son too many hours when he was 16. I told the auditor my father slaved me. She said as a corp he was seen like any other employee. I protested but lost my appeal.
Curious, would that have been because you’re a c Corp. and your own kids wouldn’t be exemp from hours and hours? I certainly worked my girls over both hourly wage and hours worked:redface: They would have prolly turned me in if they could:headscratch::biggrin::biggrin:

However, they’re that 2nd generation that are over it now:winky:

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I’d rather have 3 portys or more than all that shite and use it and have to wait for my 100k from some insurance adjuster trying to tell me how to do it:winky: #ihateportystoo
I don't worry about someone owing me 100k, its when it gets up over 300K that my shorts make me squirm and I have trouble sleeping at night.

Someone is always trying to tell you how to do it. You just have to educate them as to why they are doing it wrong. :winky:

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I don't worry about someone owing me 100k, its when it gets up over 300K that my shorts make me squirm and I have trouble sleeping at night.

Someone is always trying to tell you how to do it. You just have to educate them as to why they are doing it wrong. :winky:
True dat! I get told for a lot less, but you always have to help them turn loose of 100-300k

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Steve Lawrence

View attachment 76519
View attachment 76520

View attachment 76521

Great tool, alright. Just don't use Procyon or any salt-based products with it as that stuff will damage the guts. Ask me how I know.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
On all the facebook groups and here...it seems that there's ALLOT of spending that we're doing. The most I've ever seen in our industry. Is that a good sign for the future of the carpet cleaning business in general?

Name
Swani
On all the facebook groups and here...it seems that there's ALLOT of spending that we're doing. The most I've ever seen in our industry. Is that a good sign for the future of the carpet cleaning business in general?
Good I think? Hopefully more people have started to charge what they're worth instead of 1$ per room.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Great tool, alright. Just don't use Procyon or any salt-based products with it as that stuff will damage the guts. Ask me how I know.
I know what you're saying but I use Procyon all the time and haven't had any issues yet. All alkaline presprays have some type of salt content. Wash the machine after every day of use.

Name
Steve Lawrence
I know what you're saying but I use Procyon all the time and haven't had any issues yet. All alkaline presprays have some type of salt content. Wash the machine after every day of use.
It took about a 9-10 months of daily Procyon use to damage our 2 10" CRB's. About $600 damage each one, not covered under warranty.

steve_64

If I remember right, didn't that have a lot of hair and carpet fibre that got pushed into the bearings due to lack of maintenance?
In my case it wasn't as much as lack of maintenance as it was improper maintenance. Nobody ever mentioned disassembling the bearing caps to clean behind them. I was also flushing mine in my washtub which i think was pushing the detergent into bearings also.

I think Steve didn't know about the bearing caps also. And the manufacturer has made some improvements due to our issues which is great.

Ive only used Cobb's power max with the 10 in since I got it back and I've only used releasit with my 15 but neither has been used as much as when I first got the 10.

And like Steve I don't have time or energy to detail my tools every time I use them.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom