what will be the board de jour roto ext'r in a year??

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
If my math is right again a single block can be as little as 1/5 the cost of a single sticky so again I don't get it plus I can't think of a place I would use a long stickies in place of a couple/4 blocks esp at many times the cost.

Name
I'm Rick James
The rotary is the hardest thing for me to figure out which one best fits my needs. I almost pulled the trigger on a Hoss until the Mytee rotary came out. So gonna hold off til I get feed back.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
The rotary is the hardest thing for me to figure out which one best fits my needs. I almost pulled the trigger on a Hoss until the Mytee rotary came out. So gonna hold off til I get feed back.

In that case you may never own one....there is alway another one coming to the market.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
When it comes to different tools, there isn't ever going to be a best one. The best one for me may not be best for you. The more choices on the market, the more likely you will find one that you like. Just keep watching the new stuff in the industry and try it out for yourself.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Yep- 5x the cost and with 2 man crews not needed imho.

except when they are needed .
since you're not on the van with your all your crews, I'll tell what's happening on the major PITA tab scenarios .
they're either simply dry wand vaccing over that particular spot (if they're smart) or not tabbing it and "taking a chance" ...if they're not so smart and not tabbing it at all
or one of 'em is laying on the carpet to tab a center rear sofa leg while the other is lifting it

so stop being such a penny pinching bean counter and get your crews a roll of sticky tabs ....cheapazz

Name
John LaBarbera

Choose a rotary that fits you by running all of them, side by side if possible. Then you'll know which one fits you. It doesn't matter what others say or think they know. Once you do the real life comparison you see the differences in the various machines.

Perhaps those who come to Connections will be able to make impartial comments after actually seeing and using them first hand. It's too bad the show doesn't sponsor a side by side comparison so all can see which one cleans and dries the carpet the best. We showed the Trex at Prolines cad day. They had an infrared camera that showed the spray pattern, whether the machine tiger stripped or not and which dried the fastest. Those are 2 important factors to consider. Others are quality, you'll feel that as you use them. Another is price, while not necessarily the most important it is part of the equation. Thet range from $3800 to $2500. $1200 difference is a lot of money I think. Another point to consider is comfort and ease of operation.

I hope all who can stop by the Mytee Booth and our outside display at Connections where you will be able to run the Trex along with an Escape ETM that is heated.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Lol- I cleaned about 8000 homes larry so i do know and it takes just a second to tab that back middle leg where going through 20k worth of sticky tabs a year ain't gonna happen. We already go through a shitload of cases of 5000 4x4 tabs a year.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: FB7777

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
When it comes to different tools, there isn't ever going to be a best one. The best one for me may not be best for you. The more choices on the market, the more likely you will find one that you like. Just keep watching the new stuff in the industry and try it out for yourself.

the Trex has not been out long enough for anyone to know what it is going to do and a few passes across a piece of carpet at a trade show is not going to tell you anything....real world testing is where it will say what it can do....from what I see it incorporated more flaws from other machines then correcting them.......but time will tell....

the RX was on top of the list for many years...But..it had its problems....heat loss....over spray...and you could not get close to anything with it are the top of the list....But it can do a great job with no streaking....

360i is a good machine for light weight truckmounts or portables...it is slow....you have to gear yourself down..lots of streaking problems....

the Hoss was designed by a carpet cleaner that is actually out there in the field and knows what we face.....they have corrected the heat loss....the over spray....edging...faster dry times...and there jet design gives you both flow and penetration....you can move at a faster pace then with any out there....

are you going to find the same things that I have...?? .. doubt it....you are going to set things up different then I do...your going to run it different then I do....so you really need to find some and see if you can use them for a bit to see if they will work for your set up.....

as far as price....I am a very frugal person when it comes to buying things...I will search it out before I drop a dime on anything...but there are some things that are worth the price you pay if your looking for durability and it being reliable...so don't let a price tag make your choices.....if it is a P.O.S. it is not going to make you money sitting in your garage broken down because it could not stand the test of time..............

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Ask the veterans and they will tell you.
The best rotary machine is a well designed highflow wand
There. You got it.

And it ain't dejour. It's a classic.

coming from a scrawny 80 year old foreiGner, that advice needs to be taken with a bucket of salt.

I'll wear that as a badge of honor Shill Dongo!

And where I come from, at 80 we are just about 20 years from reaching our prime :icon_razz:

Keep the bucket of salt, use judiciously.
Send a lamb in return.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I think it really dosent matter for alot of guys who have a RX20 or say a Drimaster, I got my rx20 for $1500 used I paid $2800 for a drimaster

I would hope a machine would speed You up clean better and less fatigue. I havent seen that so much.Tthe rx is a cleaning beast drimaster not so

much both cause more fatigue then a wand IMO, and take's longer. So a Hoss is safe spinning next to tile and wood no dangers at all Jim????

My glided wand it pretty safe! Dropping more cash on anything that does what I already own is stupid! It better A. Speed me up B. Cause less fatigue.

I think a rotovac 360i would be easier to use because it weighs the least,

I put my old RX closer to wood and tile then I have put the Hoss or the 360i....but I had glides on the RX....when I ran the RX with out the glides I would back it off like I do the Hoss.....just don't get all warm and fuzzy with the metal shoes getting to close....

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
are you going to find the same things that I have...?? .. doubt it....you are going to set things up different then I do...your going to run it different then I do....so you really need to find some and see if you can use them for a bit to see if they will work for your set up.....

Which is about the same as i wrote in my review of the T rex. I pointed out some of the ''flaws'' for ME in the other units in the market ( not just one but all the units)
For example my rotovac has been walded ,gears replaced, heads broke..and...i aint gonna carry a rx up to a 3rd floor apt

But FOR ME the trex feels like a very good fit. its well built,cleans great, great dry times. I work hard for my money and i dont like wasting it on tools and equipment that dont work or last
but when i do, i learn my lesson and move on

Reactions: John LaBarbera
Name
John LaBarbera
Which is about the same as i wrote in my review of the T rex. I pointed out some of the ''flaws'' for ME in the other units in the market ( not just one but all the units)
For example my rotovac has been walded ,gears replaced, heads broke..and...i aint gonna carry a rx up to a 3rd floor apt

But FOR ME the trex feels like a very good fit. its well built,cleans great, great dry times. I work hard for my money and i dont like wasting it on tools and equipment that dont work or last
but when i do, i learn my lesson and move on

Thanks Jerry for time and effort put into your evaluation. I'll see you wednesday.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Yep- 5x the cost and with 2 man crews not needed imho.

Mark i don't understand how they would replace a block.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

We have some large pieces that we can pre tab with the sticky tab when we are prespraying and entire room and not worry then about those pieces of furniture bleeding right away and also, we only have to tab once and now that the prespray is down and carpet moist, they easily act like a slider. Now for us, it is a time saver because our schedule can be pretty busy, but not busy enough to support a third crew or third van. Sticky tabs are then a cheaper alternative for "time savings" for us. They apprantely are not everyones favorite, but we need them the way we operate.

Mark Saiger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom