Who DOESN'T sell protectors?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Besides me. Well, I do, but I don't recommend, and then only a solvent base I always questioned the wisdom of soaking more liquid on a carpet.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I don't push it at all.
And actually I don't recommend the solvent ones, as they take time to evaporate and add an unhealthy chemical to their home environment till all the solvent is gone.

John Watson

I don't, but I don,t clean carpets nomo either. But when I did I offered to replace the protector after cleaning.
With my own testing I saw where it added value and extended the resoiling time of carpets. So YES we offered it, my clients got positives from it and My Helen gots some extre spending gueedas. A tripple win in my bookss!!

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Bought a whole 2 gallons last year with one gallon on the truck now.

If the customer wants it, I have it, otherwise no.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Re: Re: Who DOESN'T sell protectors?

vincent said:

Holy crap- some days our guys will go through 2 per truck! You guys are leaving a lot of $ on the table and not serving your customers well in my opinion.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
I believe if you OFFER a customer the product, wait for some interest, and then promote the product in an orderly and non-agressive manner... then you have done your part. If they take it, great.. if not, do good work and retain the customer.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Ken what is your script for your employees to sell protector?

When do they ask and how they do it.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
It really just comes down to asking for the sale. We ask on the front end phone call and at the home. Our worst sellers get 50% just by asking, the best are over 80%.

Jim Nelson

Name
Jim nelson
Willy P said:
Besides me. Well, I do, but I don't recommend, and then only a solvent base I always questioned the wisdom of soaking more liquid on a carpet.
When I clean a carpet i have put protecter on I clean the dirt off of the carpet or you could say off of the protecter, the carpet is just like my car i waxed the other day then it rained and the water was all beaded up on the car. When I clean carpets with out protecter on them then I have to clean the dirt out of them instead of off of them. Either way I don't leave them soaked. The protecter is grate for the carpet and grate for me it's a lot easter to clean. Then there is the money I got 40 gals for $1400 I made over $2800 on 8 gals theat left me 32 gals free and clear then I was able to give 8 gals to another cleaner to help him out. So spray it on rake it in 10- 15 min. $100-$200 Tell me agin why you don't use it?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
For those struggling with selling protector.
(Yes you have to sell it, it won't sell itself and selling is good and not evil)

Start with saying, "Are you familiar with carpet protector."
(This opens up the conversation and allows you to explain the benefits instead of just the price)

Then explain a few benefits: IE-Saves money on carpet replacement, spots will clean up easier, vacuum will work better and you'll have a little piece of mind when those grandkids come over, as you get through those toddler years, when the dog come in from the outside, when you entertain!! (fit your client)

Do a quick blotter card demo.

Then do the worlds easiest protector close: "Do you want me to apply it wall to wall or just in the traffic areas?"

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Jim Nelson

Name
Jim nelson
I just offer it in the quote cleaning with protector , or just cleaning I don't push or sell if they don,t know what it is i give them info....................Now this is brilliant I will try to remember this.............Do you want me to apply it wall to wall or just in the traffic areas?" That there can make $50 to a $100 in 10min from some one that did not want it. shiteatinggrin Thank You.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
vincent said:

same here.....I don't care how many times you explain it to people..

No..it will not stop the traffic areas from coming back...they just don't get it...then they want there money back because they slopped 10 gallons of cream on there feet and took off across the floor and the traffic area still came back .....or the spill that they left there for 3 days did not wipe up......

so it is there if they really want it but I don't push the stuff..

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
I have found after they get it the first time it is just about 100% automatic on all future cleanings.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Jim Martin said:
vincent said:

No..it will not stop the traffic areas from coming back...they just don't get it...then they want there money back because they slopped 10 gallons of cream on there feet and took off across the floor and the traffic area still came back .....or the spill that they left there for 3 days did not wipe up......

Jim- in my 32 years in the business and probably 40 million in protector sales I don't think we have been asked to refund the money ever due to non-performance. The only time we have is when it was incorrectly sold to a housekeeper or a husband who wasn't the decision maker and even then it is less then 5 times a year out of 30,000. I suspect you are not selling it right if you have had problems with it.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Ken Snow said:
[quote="Jim Martin":2u2m58q3]
vincent said:

Jim- in my 32 years in the business and probably 40 million in protector sales I don't think we have been asked to refund the money ever due to non-performance. The only time we have is when it was incorrectly sold to a housekeeper or a husband who wasn't the decision maker and even then it is less then 5 times a year out of 30,000. I suspect you are not selling it right if you have had problems with it.[/quote:2u2m58q3]

seriously....how hard is it to sell...how hard is it to explain what it will and won't do.... :roll:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Like Ken says its all about the extra profit. I could turn my 100K business into 150K just by asking. But I don't. And it's not because I'm shy. I just don't believe in the crap. But sometimes I feel like a chump just leaving money on the table.

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
I clean mostly upholstery and I dont at all. #1, if it gets stained after you "protect" it then I think you look like an idiot. #2, if someone is paying extra money to have natural fiber in their couch..why would the want a film of plastic over it? Kind of defeats the purpose..they should just have a synthetic couch. #3 what do you say to someone when they ask if its "green" or are there "chemicals" in that?

I'm sure you guys are making a killing selling it, I just stay away from it.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Weve made it a point this year to sell more protector. Id love to be at 50%, but in reality I sell it on about 35% of jobs. Thats with barely trying...

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Chris make ur goal 45% this year and keep moving it up every year. Price it to sell too.

Jim Nelson

Name
Jim nelson
Jim Martin said:
vincent said:

If this where the case I would give them there money back , but no one has ever had a problem with the protector I have put on. I put it in writing if you buy protector and you slop 10 gallons of cream or any thing and you can not get it out just call I will be there for FREE.

Chris A

Name
Chris
We do it at 15 per room, peope have respnded pretty well to that and theres still plenty of room for profit. We only do open areas 99% of the time.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Jim Nelson said:
[quote="Jim Martin":1eb51577]
vincent said:

If this where the case I would give them there money back , but no one has ever had a problem with the protector I have put on. I put it in writing if you buy protector and you slop 10 gallons of cream or any thing and you can not get it out just call I will be there for FREE.[/quote:1eb51577]

So you have all these people that put all kinds of creams on there feet and take off across the carpets day after day...they track it from one end to the other.....and just because you put protector down you would keep going back and cleaning it for free........??????

There is not a protector out there that is going to help this.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom