Will this TM work?

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Don’t hate, I’m mostly VLM, but do a fair amount of basement water extractions. I need a new(er) TM for basements and the occasional carpet job that needs a flush.

Will a 2036 TM pull water from a basement at a decent pace with a max 150 feet of hose?

I know a 45 blower will do better but I found a great deal on an almost new 2036.

Thanks.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I’m familiar with the guy. Lives in the middle of nowhere and does mostly general office cleaning. Added carpet but virtually all VLM.

Reactions: Mikey P

FredC

Village Idiot
Yes as in the machine is powerful enough for what I described?
I would think so............

but if this is for the occasional basement/flushing and you plan to stay vlm why not a nice porty with auto pump out?

Reactions: Meter Maid

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I would think so............

but if this is for the occasional basement/flushing and you plan to stay vlm why not a nice porty with auto pump out?
Great question and I’ve thought about that. Problem is a portable for that job wouldn’t be much cheaper than this TM. Other problem is sometimes there’s no power due to the storm that caused the flood in the first place.

Reactions: Jimmy L and FredC

FredC

Village Idiot
Great question and I’ve thought about that. Problem is a portable for that job wouldn’t be much cheaper than this TM. Other problem is sometimes there’s no power due to the storm that caused the flood in the first place.

A porty/generator combo doesn't require constant place in a vehicle, is cheaper to maintain/run, and can get to jobs a tm can't

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
A porty/generator combo doesn't require constant place in a vehicle, is cheaper to maintain/run, and can get to jobs a tm can't
Good point, thanks. I do HWE some jobs, so in a perfect world and good price, I’d prefer a fairly powerful, but cheap as hell, TM.

Reactions: FredC

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Here are some pics... the only pics other than one showing 41 hours on it.

C1A6620A-25DB-41C0-97E2-B30074384320.jpeg 38413750-2A2D-4606-AB04-A2AB67FD810B.jpeg A9FF0468-DF6D-420F-A3C9-615515559D3B.jpeg

FredC

Village Idiot
I've never run an EZ so I can't say for sure if its junk or not. I'm not biased against the manufacturer like some though so I'd consider it. Plenty of folks love their EZs

At 3k and low hours I'd probably chance it after making sure there were no signs of freeze damage/nerf goop/other issues.

Looks like a decent unit

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I’m familiar with the guy. Lives in the middle of nowhere and does mostly general office cleaning. Added carpet but virtually all VLM.
Try it out, see if it's worth the money. If you know the guy won't he be honest about being junk or not?

I don't know anyone that owns an EZ any more. They owned the only ones and not the CAD versions, which look better.

It's cheap but might be worth it, as long as it's not a problem. Run it and find out.

Reactions: Meter Maid

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Try it out, see if it's worth the money. If you know the guy won't he be honest about being junk or not?

I don't know anyone that owns an EZ any more. They owned the only ones and not the CAD versions, which look better.

It's cheap but might be worth it, as long as it's not a problem. Run it and find out.
I don’t know him, he’s just known in some circles and doesn’t seem to be a chump. I spoke with him over the phone and he didn’t pull a Guerkink or anything. Definitely didn’t try to sell me. Said the trailer has been stashed in one of his two shops the entire 2-3 years he’s owned it.

He’s 9 hours away.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
My question is two-fold though.

- is the 36 blower going to pull water quickly from a basement and will clean well with up to 150 feet? I only have experience with an old 45 blower and a wand with no glide.

- obviously my other question is the reliability of the EZ units, which had been answered.

It’s a bargain, for sure.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
My question is two-fold though.

- is the 36 blower going to pull water quickly from a basement and will clean well with up to 150 feet? I only have experience with an old 45 blower and a wand with no glide.

- obviously my other question is the reliability of the EZ units, which had been answered.

It’s a bargain, for sure.
A 36 blower will be fine. I hope you're talking about extracting wet carpet in a basement, not using it as a pump for standing water. For that, a sump pump is better.

Back
Top Bottom