Will this TM work?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Run it and have it build up some heat to see if there are any leaks.
A porty would be too slow. More efficent with a tm.

Offer him $2500 and see what he says. Go up from there.

I assume it's a heat exchanger so is there any bypass so you don't over heat?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My experience not only in this industry but in life in general, is you get what you pay for.

Cheap is generally cheap. Occasionally you might get by with it but don't expect it to function or last like a highend machine.

Try it see if you like it. At that price you should be able to get your money back if you don't like it.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Jimmy's point is well taken. with an exhaust heat exchanger with no diverter valve or pump clutch, you need to hook up your fresh water hose and run a bleed hose on the ground to avoid overheating. On that machine, there is a bypass that goes to your waste tank but you don't want to be over filling your waste tank on a flood job. Be nice with an auto pump out of some sort.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Yes, if the machine is in good shape, it’s adequate for your purpose. I’d hate to give $2,500 for the trailer, but it would cost $750 + for install here. So.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
My other choice is an Amtex Prowler. The concept is intriguing but I hear about reliability issues.

It seems ridiculously strong for a little machine and I know it’s becase there’s no out-tank, and that APO would work great for the basement extractions.

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
My other choice is an Amtex Prowler. The concept is intriguing but I hear about reliability issues.

It seems ridiculously strong for a little machine and I know it’s becase there’s no out-tank, and that APO would work great for the basement extractions.
The problem with the Prowler is that the water is blown out the exhaust. You have to use a 2 inch vac hose to direct it somewhere. If you leave it out on the street our on a lawn, it becomes very obvious and chances are someone's going to report you. A garden hose from an auto pump out is more discreet even though it is still illegal in most areas.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
The problem with the Prowler is that the water is blown out the exhaust. You have to use a 2 inch vac hose to direct it somewhere. If you leave it out on the street our on a lawn, it becomes very obvious and chances are someone's going to report you. A garden hose from an auto pump out is more discreet even though it is still illegal in most areas.
What about just sticking the exhaust hose in the sewer outlet that every home has outside? Not sure what the technical term is but it’s usually a PVC pipe sticking out of the ground and dumps right into your sewer line.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
What about just sticking the exhaust hose in the sewer outlet that every home has outside? Not sure what the technical term is but it’s usually a PVC pipe sticking out of the ground and dumps right into your sewer line.
It would be blowing water and air into the septic system and maybe the house. Correct me if I'm wrong, but even though the septic lines have an exhaust pipe going out the roof, it doesn't seem like that would be good to put that high of air pressure into that pipe. That doesn't sound too smart.

Reactions: Jimmy L

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
It would be blowing water and air into the septic system and maybe the house. Correct me if I'm wrong, but even though the septic lines have an exhaust pipe going out the roof, it doesn't seem like that would be good to put that high of air pressure into that pipe. That doesn't sound too smart.
Maybe I’m thinking of something different. On my house, there’s a pvc pipe sticking out of the ground that dumps right into the sewer line that runs from my house, out to the main under the street. Seems like every house around me has this, usually in the front yard, where the sewer line leaves the house.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I hope you don't think those are your only two options. I think you have better chance with the ez. THere's two things I'd do if I bought it. Replace all those water/hydraulic lines with real water lines made for a tm. Rust builds up in those and clogs up your dema valve sensor and other areas.

Then I'd unwrap that engine exhaust pipe before it overheats and burns in half, literally. The metal is probably galvanized metal, so you'll need to go to an exhaust shop and get them to bend you metal made for that kind of heat. Then leave it unwrapped

I've experienced both problems that caused big downtime.

Reactions: Meter Maid

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I hope you don't think those are your only two options. I think you have better chance with the ez. THere's two things I'd do if I bought it. Replace all those water/hydraulic lines with real water lines made for a tm. Rust builds up in those and clogs up your dema valve sensor and other areas.

Then I'd unwrap that engine exhaust pipe before it overheats and burns in half, literally. The metal is probably galvanized metal, so you'll need to go to an exhaust shop and get them to bend you metal made for that kind of heat. Then leave it unwrapped

I've experienced both problems that caused big downtime.
Thanks.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
If that is actually a sewer line that's probably acceptable but taking in to consideration what Matt says, you are blowing about 270 CFM into that pipe. I have never done that so I don't know how it works. I have dumped into a proper sewage clean-out. The Prowler also needs a inline filter to limit debris filling up the filter box. I see no reason why you couldn't put an inline pump out on the front end of the Prowler. You also need to think about loading and unloading a Prowler. Trailer with a ramp is doable. A van or pick up would be difficult.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
If that is actually a sewer line that's probably acceptable but taking in to consideration what Matt says, you are blowing about 270 CFM into that pipe. I have never done that so I don't know how it works. I have dumped into a proper sewage clean-out. The Prowler also needs a inline filter to limit debris filling up the filter box. I see no reason why you couldn't put an inline pump out on the front end of the Prowler. You also need to think about loading and unloading a Prowler. Trailer with a ramp is doable. A van or pick up would be difficult.
It would be a trailer. The only reason I’m considering the Prowler is because I read it’s a legit 235 inches of life due to the tankless thing. Plus, it’s small, so a small trailer would work without tanks, etc.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
CFM, yeah that’s about right. The Prowler has 20 inches of mercury compared to 14ish on a 36 blower. That’s a big difference.
Any blower can develop more inches mercury. The CFM is important. If you look on a performance graph, you will there is a drop off CFM at a certain level of lift. Adding more lift beyond that will not increase your performance and will put more stress on your blower and other components. There is a reason why most manufacturers set the vac relief at 13-15 inches mercury. I believe ez advertises 18 inches hg on some units.

Reactions: Meter Maid

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Any blower can develop more inches mercury. The CFM is important. If you look on a performance graph, you will there is a drop off CFM at a certain level of lift. Adding more lift beyond that will not increase your performance and will put more stress on your blower and other components. There is a reason why most manufacturers set the vac relief at 13-15 inches mercury. I believe ez advertises 18 inches hg on some units.
Thanks. I’m glad I came here.

So, long story short, the EZ and it’s 36 blower should be comparable to the Prowler, but has a waste/fresh tank and is a better price... done!

Seriously, though, that EZ for 3k and only 40 hours is probably the way to go. The seller told me he would be comfortable with me driving away until we fire it up and test it.

He’s only charged the oil once in the two years since he bought it new.

Name
BradFenstermaker
That truckmount will be fine running 150 foot. We used to clean restaurants every night with a 36 blower.
Maybe a slower dry pass in residential but never a drying issue.

For 3g I think it's worth a try. Not sure how the exhaust bypass works.
See if freeflow has a email on the website if he is still in business. I have no idea. He can answer any questions.

At those hours just buy it and do oil change. Check belts for cracks. Make money with it.

I like the combo already in the trailer. Ready to go to work. Otherwise you have to get a van and time to install.

Back
Top Bottom