Will this TM work?

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
being a drywall hanger now, me personally if limited use, I go trailer and cheapEasezee route

I'm with Chavez though.
I think once you learn how much more efficient and thorough TM is, and see that when "done right" doesn't mean "wet for three days" and all the other horror stories you hear and tell

You'll throw rocks at your bonnets and shake 'n shine machines in residential

BTW, how do you clean corners?

..L.T.A.
We have round rooms in Ohio because we don't suck and we're not stupid....

Our shake n shine machines average around $150 per man-hour in residential. Lay down a good pre-spray, let dwell, hit it with a fast OP with a MF pad and time flies. I've done HWE, albeit years ago, and our current method is much faster and customers loves it compared to what they're used to. Again... there are some serious hacks around here.

I still want to try a decent TM to see for myself what I like better these days. Never used a rotary extractor, so maybe that's the thing.

Last edited:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The Hydramaster has a 05 van with 115kish miles.

I have no knowledge of the HM450's warts great or small
1200 hours isn't a lot though

the '05 E-350...assuming no abuse, 115k is no biggie on that van and drive train .
New plugs are the biggest PITA on them.
'03 to '06 (i think) are the worst for tune up years .

if it hasn't had a tune up yet, it's due

It's the body....
12 year old Ford vans in Ohio will be showing rust around the rear finder wells by now ...or real soon to come...
Take a close look at that

.L.T.A.

Reactions: Meter Maid

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have round rooms in Ohio because we don't suck and we're not stupid....

Our shake n shine machines average around $150 per man-hour in residential. Lay down a good pre-spray, let dwell, hit it with a fast OP with a MF pad and time flies. I've done HWE, albeit years ago, and our current method is much faster and customers loves it compared to what they're used to. Again... there are some serious hacks around here.

I still want to try a decent TM to see for myself what I like better these days. Never used a rotary extractor, so maybe that's the thing.
I think I would go to Pemberton's, JonDon or Aramsco and demo a new unit. Then demo what you looking buying. Could be a self fulfilling prophecy by you purchasing cheap equipment. You too could be a HWE hack.

Do your homework and see what new equipment can do and if the used compares. If it does, buy used. If it doesn't save some money and next year buy a Rage or Legend.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I think I would go to Pemberton's, JonDon or Aramsco and demo a new unit. Then demo what you looking buying. Could be a self fulfilling prophecy by you purchasing cheap equipment. You too could be a HWE hack.

Do your homework and see what new equipment can do and if the used compares. If it does, buy used. If it doesn't save some money and next year buy a Rage or Legend.
Thanks

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Our shake n shine machines average around $150 per man-hour in residential.

don't forget to add the time and expense handling and laundering buckets of bonnets

IDGAS what method anyone uses.
If wiping carpets works better for you and your custys, rock 'n roll

..L.T.A.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Here are a few pics.

D25045A7-5813-4A0D-B558-FB197FDAAED0.jpeg 7223DED6-96BA-4244-A8C9-EAEB97BCC250.jpeg

Reactions: Nomad74

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
that's a GM Savanna
not an E-350 (Ford)

looks like rust ready to pop thru on bottom of side door .
Might be fine for com and apts, but will be ugly for res in a year or so without body work

.L.T.A.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
that's a GM Savanna
not an E-350 (Ford)

looks like rust ready to pop thru on bottom of side door .
Might be fine for com and apts, but will be ugly for res in a year or so without body work

.L.T.A.
Yeah, the Ford part was a typo on his part.

Iā€™m thinking that truck, with a 12 year old TM, is a bigger risk than a Walmart brand TM thatā€™s virtually new, in a new trailer thatā€™s half the price.

I can wrap the trailer and tow it with my pretty, white pickup and look more professional you think?

If I decide to incorporate HWE into our model, I can always trade one of our small Ram vans for a full sized.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
For winter use, you can install a fresh water tank and continually feed and recirculate your water. It would take a long time to overheat. You need to familiarize yourself with how different heating systems work. The various types of exhaust heat exchangers use different ways to prevent over heating. Some have diverter valves that lets the hot exhaust pass by the exchanger and out a silencer, some are manual, some are automatic. Others have a bypass that dumps hot water into the waste tank. It would be worth your time to call EZ to see what their recommendations are for flood work are.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
With a cheap Texas hx unit doing water extraction leave the belt OFF and do NOT hook up water feed or solution lines.

I've owned a couple, and I promise the hx won't get hot enough to hurt anything.
You have more experience than I have Lee, do you want to drain the hx first?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom