You guys that run your machine on low

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I keep seeing all these treads about guys buying big machines then run them on low or medium speed.

Why buy a big machine then run it at a small machine level?

Why not spend half the money and get a small machine if that is all the profomance you want?
Just wondering
Please help us dumb guys out.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i bought a big machine to dual wand some of my large commercial jobs, but on residential thats a lot of machine for 1 wand at 100-200ft. so that's why it has low medium and high. also you wouldn't want to run high on delicate upholstery, or on high on a tile and grout job, as the tool may become too hard to move.

Reactions: Ray Burnfield

tcdepot

Name
The Cleaner's Depot
That's interesting. We've started setting ours at 1200, 1300 and 1400 and that seems to work better than the 1300, 1400, 1500 that is recommended. 1400 as the high RPM is a really, really sweet spot for that Pro 1200.

I've never seen a direct drive with the low setting at 1000 RPM. Does the performance seem pretty good at that?

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
That's interesting. We've started setting ours at 1200, 1300 and 1400 and that seems to work better than the 1300, 1400, 1500 that is recommended. 1400 as the high RPM is a really, really sweet spot for that Pro 1200.

I've never seen a direct drive with the low setting at 1000 RPM. Does the performance seem pretty good at that?
At 100ft of hose it sounds like saigers but with the machine on low.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Scott, did you buy a spare transfer pump yet for when it goes out?
Lee did you buy tampons in case your ass starts bleeding again?

Lee, picking on one single thing in two different threads now seems to point out you have a limited attention span. time to watch some cartoons there buddy.
Yes i have another water transfer system on the other van.

Lee do you carry an extra engine for your van incase yours blows up?

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
So you are cleaning carpet on your upholstery setting and saying it has the suction is comparable to a butler on high. Yes I am a butler guy, but trying to understand.
the pro1200se on low at 100ft easily out does my other tm, and still has quick dry times. low is not for upholstery, but i can understand why you butler guys think that, having to run on high all the time to clean something.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Scott our machines are almost identical in performance. I personally run on medium speed with the bigger blower. I am getting better dry times then you running at low speed. Shouldn't we do what ever we can for our customers. They don't know what machine is in your truck, they want clean carpet and have it dry as quick as possible. I think that is what this post is about, not butler vs pro1200.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
did a job on medium last night, first room dried in 1.25 hrs. and it was pretty dirty.
the one carpet job i did sunday was nearly dry when i left total on site was 45 min. ran tm on low.
im running holed glide on the new wand (have all the glides for the older wand. )

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Scott congratulations on buying your new Truckmount, I wish you much success and can tell that you are very passionate and excited about it.

Was just having some fun while matching your intensity.

Again hope you much success.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom