You guys that run your machine on low

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
evidently that what saiger thinks too. haha. he mentioned me in his video and everything, evidently im on his mind alot. :)

here i've simulated a butler and still get great heat and dry times.

I printed off the picture of your hose coil.....

I will try to emulate what you have going there....including that 2 inch hose (VS my 2.5 inch hose) and see if my hose will grip my hand in idle....medium....and high....

Sometimes the puppy just needs a little attention.....sometimes needs a little nip.....

But sometimes....the BIG DOG WILL COME OFF THE PORCH :rockon: :lol:

Todd Millar

Name
Carpet Solutions
Scott our machines are almost identical in performance. I personally run on medium speed with the bigger blower. I am getting better dry times then you running at low speed. Shouldn't we do what ever we can for our customers. They don't know what machine is in your truck, they want clean carpet and have it dry as quick as possible. I think that is what this post is about, not butler vs pro1200.
Thats what you don't understand for Scott it is a Bulter vs 1200, thats his "thing"

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott

Oh did you want me to actually turn the machine on mark? I can throw on my 2.5 inch hose too if you want. but like I said I was trying to replicate a butler. so the 2 inch and the coiled up hose is kinda like the 90 degree bends in the butler system, saw your video today too. thanks for the mention. 100ft huh. so 50ft in the house 50ft running inside the van, side door to the back then back to the tank, then to the blower. :)

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Oh did you want me to actually turn the machine on mark? I can throw on my 2.5 inch hose too if you want. but like I said I was trying to replicate a butler. so the 2 inch and the coiled up hose is kinda like the 90 degree bends in the butler system, saw your video today too. thanks for the mention. 100ft huh. so 50ft in the house 50ft running inside the van, side door to the back then back to the tank, then to the blower. :)

Guess we can afford a little extra hose inside the van with no problems ;)

Reactions: Todd Millar

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Mark you forgot to tell them about you having to grease your old butlers blower every month. all this shit you gave me about greasing my drive shaft and here you were having to grease your damn blower every month. you even say it in the butler maintenance video you posted a while back.

I don't think this is so much a butler vs pro1200se as it is mark represents the old crowd, and I represent the young crowd.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
e
except you have to run your machine on high all the time to get past all the turbulence and restriction. whatever you want to think mark.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Mark you forgot to tell them about you having to grease your old butlers blower every month. all this shit you gave me about greasing my drive shaft and here you were having to grease your damn blower every month. you even say it in the butler maintenance video you posted a while back.

I don't think this is so much a butler vs pro1200se as it is mark represents the old crowd, and I represent the young crowd.

And Butler has eliminated that....but....I sure could get to those 2 grease zerks fairly easy....

Oh and like we used to say in Racing...."let me know when you have started....or would you like a little more head start before I hit the throttle" ;)

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
mark you forgot to tell everyone that they have to spend the extra money to upgrade the blower to get the non greased one. mine comes with dual splash as a standard item.

Todd Millar

Name
Carpet Solutions
mark you forgot to tell everyone that they have to spend the extra money to upgrade the blower to get the non greased one. mine comes with dual splash as a standard item.
I have the standard blower and I don't have to grease mine every month its every 500 hrs as per the maintance schedule, and way easier to get to :rockon:

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I have their brand new catalog on my desk from when I was thinking about butler. And do you have any idea why butler would have lied to me about their hours not counting against chevy's warranty? because chevy does count the hrs if you have a direct drive unit. especially since butler states that with your title info. sapphire however does not.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
e

except you have to run your machine on high all the time to get past all the turbulence and restriction. whatever you want to think mark.

By personal choice....not design....

Can tell you races are won and lost by just milliseconds....and a little better set up....

I prefer to take the racers approach of "it's all in the details to the checkered flag"....

You can choose to be like all the others....or find a way to lead the way... :)

My choice is to run everything "full out" and then some....

Every racer got their machines from the factory the same...off the same line....

Some where just always faster than others.....and the is the "devil in the details"....

all it takes is just being a little bit better at the right moment....why not let the machine perform to it's full potential....

Todd Millar

Name
Carpet Solutions
the pro1200se on low at 100ft easily out does my other tm, and still has quick dry times. low is not for upholstery, but i can understand why you butler guys think that, having to run on high all the time to clean something.
Once again you don't know what your talking about, the low setting on the Butlers used to be known as the Upholstery setting!! And it still is!!! But I wouldn't expect you to know that because you have never owned one!

Last edited:

Todd Millar

Name
Carpet Solutions
The first Butler I ever used was a 1996 GMC and we DID NOT have to lube the blowers every month.
once again you don't know what you are talking about!!

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott

well then their catalog is out dated, and so is their website. you would think that they would tell people that they actually made an upgrade after 30 years.

check it out for yourself saiger:
https://www.butlersystem.com/standard-features.html

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott

saiger first off enough with the old crap. this is a new era.
the details is sapphire made a very comparable machine, and I seem to be getting the best of you. face it. I talk facts and you talk about everything else except for the facts. I see butler being on their way out, and sapphire taking over a bigger market share for CDS type units.

Todd Millar

Name
Carpet Solutions
the details is sapphire made a very comparable machine, and I seem to be getting the best of you. face it. I talk facts and you talk about everything else except for the facts. I see butler being on their way out, and sapphire taking over a bigger market share for CDS type units.
You don't know what your talking about, trying to have a discussion with you is :hopeless::hopeless::hopeless::hopeless::hopeless::hopeless:

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Once again you don't know what your talking about, the low setting on the Butlers used to be known as the Upholstery setting!! And it still is!!! But I wouldn't expect you to know that because you have never owned one!
it would need to be called the upholster setting how else would they expect someone to accept the lack of performance threw all the bends and turbulence. haha

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
well then their catalog is out dated, and so is their website. you would think that they would tell people that they actually made an upgrade after 30 years.

check it out for yourself saiger:
https://www.butlersystem.com/standard-features.html

Lot's of things change and a website is sometimes the last thing that gets updated.....

I'm sure you haven't updated all your info on your web page yet....

Can tell you some things change faster than you or a company have time to keep up too...

As far as your warranty fear....I bet I am less likely to have a problem than you might experience....

But if a Butler mounted in vehicle has a warranty problem, bet we might find the same for another direct drive mounted in the van of your choice....

All the years we have run Butlers....NEVER EVER a warranty problem....least of my worries....

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger

Some people have to make new things to try and keep up to old... :biggrin:

Don't throw the Baby out with the Bath water buddy....

When you are in the lead....you just keep making little improvements....do your R&D secretively....and make sure you have your poop in a group with a lot of testing before you release it onto your public....

I can tell you when a company makes a sudden change to a platform....and doesn't do enough testing.....YOU LOSE a Lot of RACES!

AND....a lot of respect, credibility....AND CUSTOMERS....

Also....y0u WIN by going the distance.....Hope I see you at the finish line :cool:

I will be the guy in the Butler at the finish line with the Custom wheels.... :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom