Zero-Res..What is it??

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Had a guy in this morning in our vac store asking about Zero Res and was interested in contacting the one in Des Moines..Hour away from where we are at.

Soo...what is the basis of the cleaning?? HWE? They say pressurized, but patented wand engineering or technique?? Is it lower pressure??

I thought I've seen past posts on this but tried to search and found no past posts about it??

I remember Dough Heiferman saying in class "Now if you wanna talk smart, big money? Let's talk Zero Res, now they were some smart people." Ha

Is it really all what it's hyped up to be??

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
ZeroRez is a franchise system offering:

Minimal Residue Cleaning using New Technology

High Power TM's

Reasonably High Pricing

CRI System Approval

Great Blacklights

All in all they are good competitors,

raising the bar.

Larry

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Larry Cobb said:

High Power TM's

Reasonably High Pricing

CRI System Approval

Great Blacklights

raising the bar.

Larry
ummmmm I call bullshit on that, you must sell them a bunch of chemicals. they don't raise they bar, they flat out just lie!!!!! in utah it all started here with broke dicks from venturi, I call them failures. anyways gaylord carron, I call him gaylord fokker, comes on the radio and just makes up crap. acts like they are the only ones who has ever figured out how to clean a carpet. which should be an insult to you as well. a few other companies started also doing radio advertising locally. so what does gaylord fokker do come on the radio and claim they had to let people go from zero rez and they started their own business and they "advertise on the radio" the only problem is the other companies now advertising on the radio were in business BEFORE zerorez. :roll: he then goes on to say they had to result to the industry standard flood and suck method. these guys are putting us all down as cleaners and using the radio to do it, think chemdry on steroids. they also claim they are the only ones that have a carpet protector that doesn't wash off with cleaning??

larry let me ask you, does your carpet protector wash off with the cleaning???????????????????????? zerorez SAYS it does because they are the only ones that have it according to them. also they say they are the only ones that don't use soaps, larry let me ask you this?? do you sell soaps to cleaners?? how is the supply of lye and animal fat?? the fact is they distort terms and lie in a manner that aught to be criminal.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Larry Cobb said:

High Power TM's

Reasonably High Pricing

CRI System Approval

Great Blacklights

raising the bar.

Larry

Yeah... So how many blacklights did you sell them Larry??

I cannot stand zerocrap commercials on radio! Claiming all that- it does make them liars and cheaters!

One thing I like about zerocrap is the fact that they charge good prices. Therefore the industry as a whole is gaining with it.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Larry sells them citra-solv by the barrel. Zero-Rez is a marketing company who's product they are selling happens to be carpet cleaning. The cleaning as never been important the same with chem-lie

Tom Mock

Well since I work for the Des Moines Zerorez franchise I will attempt to squash some of the misunderstanding about the company.
I have been in the cleaning business several years, had my own van, used HWE, learned alot about techniques from this board. Heck, I even went to a MF years ago. What I'm sayin is that Zerorez as a cleaning business pretty well has their stuff together.
First of all in Larry's defense yes he does make our pre-spray. His Powermax powder is what we use... there's a big secret for ya.
But as for us in Des Moines, that's all we get from Cobb's. We use a lot of Bridgepoint stuff as well.
We use HWE just like most of you guys here. We run vans with Hydramaster CDS's. We run a higher psi and heat the water fairly high. Nothing much of a secret there...
What makes us different than other cleaners is that we use ionized water that is made using a water generator sold exclusively to Zerorez franchises from EAU technologies. We add absolutely NOTHING to the water that we clean with. We carry 250 gallons on the truck. The water is generated at the shop and has a ph of about 12. The water self-neutralizes in about 15 minutes after it has been applied to the carpet.
When we wand the carpet we remove the prespray, dirt, and any other residue left behind by previous cleanings. How can we say that? We use NOTHING in our water. Therefore Steve, the protector that is applied (if the customer wants it), adheres only to the fiber and not to any residues or soaps that might be on the fiber and is less likely to be washed off with the next cleaning.
Our marketing is different because we use other forms of media (IE: radio). Yes it's expensive, but it works for us. Des Moines has grown from one truck to four trucks in less than a year.
And by the way, I'm just one of the monkeys running a wand. I'm not a partner, franchisee or anyone in management. I don't make peanuts either. It's a respectable paycheck.
Everything in our trucks can be purchased from your nearest Interlink supplier, except for the water generator and Zerorez name.
We are no way like ChemWho, we state what makes our process different than others and charge a moderate price. We ain't cheap!

Feel free to fire away, nay sayers!!!

Mikey P

Administrator
larry let me ask you, does your carpet protector wash off with the cleaning???????????????????????? zerorez SAYS it does because they are the only ones that have it according to them. also they say they are the only ones that don't use soaps, larry let me ask you this?? do you sell soaps to cleaners?? how is the supply of lye and animal fat?? the fact is they distort terms and lie in a manner that aught to be criminal.

he has you there Larry..

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
First of all in Larry's defense yes he does make our pre-spray. His Powermax powder is what we use... there's a big secret for ya.
But as for us in Des Moines, that's all we get from Cobb's. We use a lot of Bridgepoint stuff as well...

...Everything in our trucks can be purchased from your nearest Interlink supplier, except for the water generator and Zerorez name.

From the Zerorez website:
ZEROREZ® has earned the CRI Platinum rating for carpet cleaning. Our GREEN carpet cleaning is patented, chemical free with ZERO residue. No residue; no worries!

The company's selling point is a lie about not using chemicals and negative selling against other cleaners by insinuating they use soil attracting high-residue soap.

You wonder why Zerorez doesn't get any respect in the industry? You shouldn't, it's spelled out pretty clearly in the marketing materials.

PS: Why the hatin' on Chemdry? Is there something wrong with another company selling magic water?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Years after years we ran truckmounts WITHOUT anything mixed in the water we rinsed with. Just fresh soft clean water!

Zerorez saying they use no chemicals- a load a crap.. This week I used mainly powermax too, to prespray...daaang I'm almost like zerorez!!! I should get on radio and convince the talkshow host to drink the water I use to clean with.

Hey zerorez: why don't your techs demonstrate the stupid "look we drink the same water we us to clean" with by drinking the prespray?!?! Oh lemme guess...chemicals?!?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
In regards to Tom's reply:

the prespray used by a larger percentage of ZR cleaners,

is a detergent-free product (not PowerMax).

It does use some other unique components to achieve top cleaning without the typical detergent residues.

Larry

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
Here is LA's morning AM radio top rated show host Bill Handle:
http://vimeo.com/zerorezsocal/billhandelzerorez
I wonder if Lisa would approve of the cleaning of wool rugs on site w/12 ph water?
I am with you Zee. I tell my customers that ask their techs to drink the prespray not the
rinse water .
Luis

PS. They are a great marketing machine, and we all can learn something from them.

lance

OOpps, I guess they aren't all that and a bag of chips. From yelp:

1/19/2011
If you are weary of all the five star reviews be warned that when they complete the job they give you a review reward coupon for 25$ if you post a "raving review". I was very disappointed in their service. Overall the carpet was clean, but I thought they were pricey. My biggest complaint is that they did not clean under the furniture. Be clear on their policy on this. I had a night stand and various other furniture that was not moved. Including a 12 inch stand that my cable box was on. They said they couldn't move anything with electronics on it. Fine, but I was home and could have easily moved it for them. I also asked if they could clean under a twin bed on wheels before they started and after it was done. They said it was, but when I checked all the carpet around the bed was wet and the carpet under the bed was dry, plus their was still bits of stuff like it wasn't even vacuumed well. Sorry, but I have had better service from other places and they have always done under the small furniture without me having to ask and have rolled the bed to other side of the room to clean under it. When I complained the lady on the phone said it is not there policy to do under the bed. Fine, then don't tell me that you would do it and that it was done!! They did come back out and "finish" the job, but I would NOT recommend them and they cannot buy my review

Tom Mock

We are cleaning in accordance with the standards. We pretreat the carpet with a prespray that will effectively attack the soils in the carpet. We do explain that to each and every customer here in Des Moines. I can't speak for other franchises. If a customer has objection or allergies to the components in the prespray, we won't use it.
Our final clean/rinse uses no chemicals, soaps, anything. Therefore, no residues.

Maybe Zerorez isn't like other companies. We are trying to impress our customers not other cleaners. Maybe some of you haters out there should contact your local Zerorez and take a look for yourself before you go shooting your mouths off. The company didn't just show up overnight. They have been around for years. They work with reputable equipment suppliers to provide high quality cleaning to our customers. The process Zerorez uses has been tested and refined to become what it is.
Even when you guys were using a porty and the cheapest chems you could get your hands on, you believed in the process you used and marketed to your customers that you were the best. Then you bought your first TM, spent a few more $$ on better chems refined your style and marketing and voila, you are making money and building a customer base.
The techs that work at Zerorez are supposed to trained to have integrity and not bad mouth competitors. They just explain what our process is and how we differ from the competition. We all know that most customers are not loyal at all, that's why marketing is so important.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Mock said:
Our final clean/rinse uses no chemicals, soaps, anything. Therefore, no residues.

Even when you guys were using a porty and the cheapest chems you could get your hands on, you believed in the process you used and marketed to your customers that you were the best. Then you bought your first TM, spent a few more $$ on better chems refined your style and marketing and voila, you are making money and building a customer base.
The techs that work at Zerorez are supposed to trained to have integrity and not bad mouth competitors. They just explain what our process is and how we differ from the competition. We all know that most customers are not loyal at all, that's why marketing is so important.

:roll: :roll: Bla...bla...blaaaahhh..... I still don't get it- why are you so different than any other high end steam cleaning company??

You sound like we all touched a nerve there to be coming on crying like this. :cry:

So why don't your radio ads have the same integrity as you "supposed to train" your techs?

All the radio ads are doing, is badmouthing other carpet cleaners!!

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Zerorez applies protector on top of a 12-ph rinse? Even if the tech waits for fifteen minutes and the magic rinse actually neutralizes, why is this rinse this better than an acid rinse? All a water rinse does is DILUTE the prespray. An acid rinse not only neutralizes, but leaves the fibers in an acidic state, as recommended by the mills and the protector manufacturers.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Tom Mock said:
We are cleaning in accordance with the standards. We pretreat the carpet with a prespray that will effectively attack the soils in the carpet. We do explain that to each and every customer here in Des Moines. I can't speak for other franchises. If a customer has objection or allergies to the components in the prespray, we won't use it.

Maybe Zerorez isn't like other companies. We are trying to impress our customers not other cleaners. Maybe some of you haters out there should contact your local Zerorez and take a look for yourself before you go shooting your mouths off. The company didn't just show up overnight. They have been around for years. They work with reputable equipment suppliers to provide high quality cleaning to our customers. The process Zerorez uses has been tested and refined to become what it is.

Tom, what you just described is how every cleaner that is in the top 20% cleans. Deionized water has been used by other cleaners as well. As for using a rinse, ie chem free, I don't think an acid rinse or O2 Rinse leaves a residue, esp at the dilution residues. Plus being rinsed with a high flow wand also removes not only the prespray but they extract better. And as mentioned above, the acid rinse leaves the dyes more stable.

When I used a porty, I knew the "procedure" was the best, but as I got better equipment the "procedure" was doing a better job.

There has to be a way to target the marketing, rather than towards ALL cleaners which just degrades the entire industry, but towards those that are splash and dash and bait and switch, etc. Ie, ask people "have you ever experienced _______...... Well we at _________ clean by this method which provides a better result/service."

We discussed the ZRez water in the other thread, basically because some guy posted his videos as a Youtube response to my video. A highpH cleaner WILL clean, but so will high pressure soft water. ANd I wouldn't be drinking a whole lot of deionized water. There is a reason why ZR trucks keep corroding.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Luis Gomez said:
Here is LA's morning AM radio top rated show host Bill Handle:
http://vimeo.com/zerorezsocal/billhandelzerorez
I wonder if Lisa would approve of the cleaning of wool rugs on site w/12 ph water?
I am with you Zee. I tell my customers that ask their techs to drink the prespray not the
rinse water .
Luis

PS. They are a great marketing machine, and we all can learn something from them.

Forget cleaning an arearug with pH12, how many would clean it in someones home?

Not only that, they weren't using ANY water in that commercial.
The glass was shown to be filled from the wand, NOT. Talk about false advertising.
IF that commercial is what customers want and that vid is a representation of the quality of work they do, shouldn't be too difficult to TAKE their custies from them. Just a company with a huge marketing budget to keep replacing customers.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Larry Cobb said:
In regards to Tom's reply:

the prespray used by a larger percentage of ZR cleaners,

is a detergent-free product (not PowerMax).

It does use some other unique components to achieve top cleaning without the typical detergent residues.

Larry

larry I am shocked honestly!!!!!! my opinion of you has dropped pretty much to the floor. you are using the same deceptive terms zerorez does. PLEASE LETS USE OUR NOMENCLATURE AND TERMS CORRECTLY :evil: the word detergent used by you and zerorez is being made out to be some sort of evil term, when in fact the true meaning of the word is actually anything that cleans, if it cleans it can be classified as a detergent. so saying something that is detergent free but yet cleans is twisting the terms and LIEING. that is my biggest issue with zerorez they twist the terms and names.

they also say everyone else BUT them use the industry standard flood and suck method. so I guess larry, that is what you are selling to the rest of us, you are selling flood and suck equipment?? does all your chemicals leave a residue and we "can't get it out" zerorez says thats what your products do. because they are the ONLY ones that have it. or is that a lie too??

tom, zerorez says they don't use ANY chemicals, but you just said and we all know that a citrus based prespray is used. ummmm I thought no chemicals are used???? so you just admitted your company and gaylord fokker are lieing to us all. the other thing is how can you or anyone else guarantee that all the citrus shit is taken out of the carpets?? but yet zerorez says they use magic water that contains no detergents, soaps or shampoos. if prespray is used, a DETERGENT is being used, and there for its a lie once again. basically I am trying to figure out what zerorez says is actually truthful.

as to zerorez being in business for years, thats nothing to brag about, because all they are is venturi a FAILED company that renamed itself. the people running the whole deal are crooks. then we have the issue with the protector. go call up one of the hanks at bridgepoint and ask them about spilling protector on concrete, I can also tell you I spilled some on bare steel, NOTHING would take it off, not 1000 psi directly from the tip of a pressure wand or the harshest heaviest duty chemical I use, only painting over it. once again another lie because apparently I also have access to the GOOD protector that doesn't wash off during the cleaning.

SO LARRY LET ME ASK YOU DOES YOUR PROTECTOR WASH OFF AFTER EACH CLEANING??????? gaylord fokker the founder of zerorez says it does, or do you only sell them the secret shit. my point is these guys are snakes your in bed with them I may take my business somewhere else.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Steve;

The generally accepted definition is:

"A detergent is a surfactant or a mixture of surfactants having cleaning properties in dilute solutions"

Surfactants are "usually" the component that causes most of the resoiling.

Our protector does not wash off with the next extraction.

I don't agree with every aspect of the ZR operation.

Larry

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
Zero Res is a spin off of Venturi ? that explians all i need to know!!!

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
took this right off the Zero Rez website

"Our system is unique, superior and unprecedented in its ability to clean your home or office building without soaps, shampoos, or toxic chemicals."

"and our products are GREEN" didnt know that citrus degreaers are green.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
just another outfit that uses many deceptive marketing tactics.

Our final clean/rinse uses no chemicals, soaps, anything. Therefore, no residues

that's a bit naive to think you're actually flushing every bit of pre-spray out , Tom
that ain't reality , Brother

..L.T.A.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Survey sez? Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding!

We have a winner!

I'm not sure when everyone will learn that that this industry and every industry is about marketing your service....whether it be good or bad or in between.....yer not going to say "We're just like everyone else and we clean at a very mediocre level. Call now!"

What do you expect?

I'm not saying it's a good or a bad thing....it's just a thing.

I don't believe in bashing other companies....but you can bash another company just by saying "we're the best"

And let's face it...you guys are bashing zero rez for the same reason they are bashing you.

Disclaimer: Zero Rez is a crock just like most heavy advertisers and I in no way support their way of doing things. !gotcha!

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I don't have any problem with a company advertising, but what they should be doing is promoting their service. not putting down others. add to that twisting terms, names and downright lieing, the other thing is they are using trusted radio hosts to pimp the products. alot of folks have alot of respect and trust for some of these people and what they say. thats why they are winning no friends in the industry.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Someone mark this day down on the calender...........me and stevey g agree on something............

steve g

Name
steve garrett
come on jim, I think you are an alright guy. you know I did compliment you on the last vortex thread saying that most cleaners are not as mechanically capable. thats a compliment in my book. anyways I think your a good guy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom