Zerorez

Mike@Zerorez

So i was at home to day kinda bored and decided for some reason that forum searching would b fun, (whats wrong with me right) and through about 45 minutes of aimless internet searching eventually got onto carpet cleaning forums cuz hey, i clean carpets,y not. And i came across a few posts that i wont directly bash but i have to say some of you need to do some more research and possibly grow out of the age group of 6-12 before you go about bashing companies such as the one i work for ZEROREZ. iv seen anything from its straight hype to its dangerous because of the high ph levels to false advertising claims.

Ill start with hype. this is very easily dismissed with a simple examination. If it was hype, would we get the awesome results (not sure how to post pics) we do? no if it was all hype then it simply wouldnt work. also if it was all hype then y do countless amounts of our customers who have had other companies out say directly that the results with us were better and continue to invite us back to their homes?

Moving on to dangers... there are none. simple as that. The water we use does have a PH level of 12.23 to b exact. Now by the IICRC standards a carpet cleaner is not to break 10.5ph in his cleaning...WAIT A MINUTE how are we using 12+ then!?!? simple, (i dont have a direct quote) but in the "rules" it states that a carpet cleaner can not use a CHEMICAL solution thats ph breaks 10.5. there is your hitch, CHEMICAL. We dont use a chemical in our cleaning water it is electrolized water. no chemical=no chemical restriction. (that last part was straight out of Steve Poulos mouth btw). so in short there is no danger because were not using a chemical solution and the water neutrolizes within 15 minutes after the carpet cleaning.

And now false advertising. AH i love this one makes me chuckle everytime. YOU SAY YOU DONT USE CHEMICALS BUT U HAVE PRE-SPRAYS AND SPOT REMOVERS AND BLABLABKLABLA!!! you done now? good because anyone who presents this complaint is simply hearing what they want to here form the advertising so they can find a reason to complain. simple fact is (with the des moines branch, i cant speak for all) when we advertise we directly say "we do not use chemicals or detergeants in our cleaning water." let me type it out again "we do not use chemicals or detergeants in our cleaning water." did you catch it? "in our cleaning water". however if a difficult spot presents itself such as rust or pet urine, there are chemicals we use. you simply have to. BUT before use of anything beyond our basic cleaning water (Including our pre-spray) we discuss what we are using and why we are using it with the customer and if they express that they dont want us to use those items in there home then well......we dont. And i already know that im going to get atleast one nimrod that says "Well you dont tell the full story in your advertisements so they are false!!" look bro. our main marketing is through radio and we have to pay not only for time slots but also how much is said and done in those advertisements... if we were to explain the entire works (basically have a IICRC training course on the air to please all of u cry babys) can u imagine the advertising costs. the business would go under no matter how effective our cleaning was. Come on people lets use some common sense.

Now to wrap this up i will say that we dont bash other companies we never directly say that "company name" is trash or anything like that. We just say that were better which is fair. and i did see one forum post i liked where the guy said y would someone pay to advertise and come out swinging with "Were not any better than the knowledgable cleaner you had out last year were just different". and to b fair we dont get 100% perfect cleanings at every house. you cant. the best you can do is strive for perfection and having a process that eliminates some of those pesky side effects like dirt attracting residues certainly helps. and in all fairness i think the kind of cleaners who take the time to post on forums and actually know what they are talking about are probably the kind of guys that in the field do a very good job. the ones we should b mad at are the tool bags that start their business off of $1000 dont use their tools or chemicals correctly, have the worst costumer service skills in the world and make a bad name for carpet cleaners everywhere.

Name
I'm Rick James
Mike@Zerorez said:
So i was at home to day kinda bored and decided for some reason that forum searching would b fun, (whats wrong with me right) and through about 45 minutes of aimless internet searching eventually got onto carpet cleaning forums cuz hey, i clean carpets,y not. And i came across a few posts that i wont directly bash but i have to say some of you need to do some more research and possibly grow out of the age group of 6-12 before you go about bashing companies such as the one i work for ZEROREZ. iv seen anything from its straight hype to its dangerous because of the high ph levels to false advertising claims.

Ill start with hype. this is very easily dismissed with a simple examination. If it was hype, would we get the awesome results (not sure how to post pics) we do? no if it was all hype then it simply wouldnt work. also if it was all hype then y do countless amounts of our customers who have had other companies out say directly that the results with us were better and continue to invite us back to their homes? Moving on to dangers... there are none. simple as that. The water we use does have a PH level of 12.23 to b exact. Now by the IICRC standards a carpet cleaner is not to break 10.5ph in his cleaning...WAIT A MINUTE how are we using 12+ then!?!? simple, (i dont have a direct quote) but in the "rules" it states that a carpet cleaner can not use a CHEMICAL solution thats ph breaks 10.5. there is your hitch, CHEMICAL.

We dont use a chemical in our cleaning water it is electrolized water. no chemical=no chemical restriction. (that last part was straight out of Steve Poulos mouth btw). so in short there is no danger because were not using a chemical solution and the water neutrolizes within 15 minutes after the carpet cleaning. And now false advertising. AH i love this one makes me chuckle everytime. YOU SAY YOU DONT USE CHEMICALS BUT U HAVE PRE-SPRAYS AND SPOT REMOVERS AND BLABLABKLABLA!!! you done now? good because anyone who presents this complaint is simply hearing what they want to here form the advertising so they can find a reason to complain. simple fact is (with the des moines branch, i cant speak for all) when we advertise we directly say "we do not use chemicals or detergeants in our cleaning water." let me type it out again "we do not use chemicals or detergeants in our cleaning water." did you catch it? "in our cleaning water".

however if a difficult spot presents itself such as rust or pet urine, there are chemicals we use. you simply have to. BUT before use of anything beyond our basic cleaning water (Including our pre-spray) we discuss what we are using and why we are using it with the customer and if they express that they dont want us to use those items in there home then well......we dont. And i already know that im going to get atleast one nimrod that says "Well you dont tell the full story in your advertisements so they are false!!" look bro. our main marketing is through radio and we have to pay not only for time slots but also how much is said and done in those advertisements...

if we were to explain the entire works (basically have a IICRC training course on the air to please all of u cry babys) can u imagine the advertising costs. the business would go under no matter how effective our cleaning was. Come on people lets use some common sense. Now to wrap this up i will say that we dont bash other companies we never directly say that "company name" is trash or anything like that. We just say that were better which is fair. and i did see one forum post i liked where the guy said y would someone pay to advertise and come out swinging with "Were not any better than the knowledgable cleaner you had out last year were just different".

and to b fair we dont get 100% perfect cleanings at every house. you cant. the best you can do is strive for perfection and having a process that eliminates some of those pesky side effects like dirt attracting residues certainly helps. and in all fairness i think the kind of cleaners who take the time to post on forums and actually know what they are talking about are probably the kind of guys that in the field do a very good job. the ones we should b mad at are the tool bags that start their business off of $1000 dont use their tools or chemicals correctly, have the worst costumer service skills in the world and make a bad name for carpet cleaners everywhere.

What position do you hold with the company?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Ultrachem has been using electrolytic cleaners for years.

Did they teach you to ramble on like a wino and avoid punctuation?

BLA BLA BLA

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Wait till Marty clicks on this post. His head will explode.....eye's first!

Mike....you should break it down into readable paragraphs. Most will just pass on by this post. And good for you if you are getting great results with your Zerorez. Keep reading and become informed. There are a lot of successful cleaners on here with 30+ years experience that are using.......some type of cleaning chem.

Get ready for a spankin'. You're going to hear it from some real pros.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
welcome Dude
Thanks for sharing ..you have a good attitude about the company you work for.
i can tell you care ..that's a good thing

just one word though..."paragraphs"

I promise I'm not a skool marm.
I don't care about speling or grammer or if you use punctuation or not.
But it's simply too damn hard to READ a 500 wurd essay when written like that

..L.T.A.

Mike@Zerorez

I can understand breaking into paragraphs but i have punctuation through my entire post... unless it isn't posting correctly? looks right on my screen.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mike@Zerorez said:
I can understand breaking into paragraphs but i have punctuation through my entire post... unless it isn't posting correctly? looks right on my screen.

it's nearly impossible for my dy5lexic brain to read that.

Mash the "enter" key on the keyboard once in a while to give some separation between thoughts.
again, I'm not busting your balls,(cause i personally don;t care about Zerorex one way or another)
it's just harder than hell to read when written that way

..L.T.A.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Mike@Zerorez said:
So i was at home to day kinda bored and decided for some reason that forum searching would b fun, (whats wrong with me right) and through about 45 minutes of aimless internet searching eventually got onto carpet cleaning forums cuz hey, i clean carpets,y not.

I came across a few posts that i wont directly bash but i have to say some of you need to do some more research and possibly grow out of the age group of 6-12 before you go about bashing companies such as the one i work for ZEROREZ. iv seen anything from its straight hype to its dangerous because of the high ph levels to false advertising claims. Ill start with hype. this is very easily dismissed with a simple examination:

If it was hype, would we get the awesome results (not sure how to post pics) we do? If was all hype then it simply wouldn't work. also if it was all hype then y do countless amounts of our customers who have had other companies out say directly that the results with us were better and continue to invite us back to their homes?

Moving on to dangers... there are none. simple as that. The water we use does have a PH level of 12.23 to b exact.

Now by the IICRC standards a carpet cleaner is not to break 10.5ph in his cleaning...WAIT A MINUTE how are we using 12+ then!?!? simple, (i dont have a direct quote) but in the "rules" it states that a carpet cleaner can not use a CHEMICAL solution thats ph breaks 10.5. there is your hitch, CHEMICAL. We dont use a chemical in our cleaning water it is electrolized water. no chemical=no chemical restriction. (that last part was straight out of Steve Poulos mouth btw). so in short there is no danger because were not using a chemical solution and the water neutrolizes within 15 minutes after the carpet cleaning. I can draw you the CHEMICAL diagram of the caustic CHEMICAL you use.

And now false advertising. AH i love this one makes me chuckle everytime. YOU SAY YOU DONT USE CHEMICALS BUT U HAVE PRE-SPRAYS AND SPOT REMOVERS AND BLABLABKLABLA!!! you done now? good because anyone who presents this complaint is simply hearing what they want to here form the advertising so they can find a reason to complain. simple fact is (with the des moines branch, i cant speak for all) when we advertise we directly say "we do not use chemicals or detergeants in our cleaning water." let me type it out again "we do not use chemicals or detergeants in our cleaning water." did you catch it? "in our cleaning water". however if a difficult spot presents itself such as rust or pet urine, there are chemicals we use. you simply have to. BUT before use of anything beyond our basic cleaning water (Including our pre-spray) we discuss what we are using and why we are using it with the customer and if they express that they dont want us to use those items in there home then well......we dont. And i already know that im going to get atleast one nimrod that says "Well you dont tell the full story in your advertisements so they are false!!" look bro. our main marketing is through radio and we have to pay not only for time slots but also how much is said and done in those advertisements... if we were to explain the entire works (basically have a IICRC training course on the air to please all of u cry babys) can u imagine the advertising costs. The "truth" is too expensive? The business would go under no matter how effective our cleaning was. Come on people lets use some common sense.

Now to wrap this up YES PLEASE i will say that we dont bash other companies we never directly say that "company name" is trash or anything like that. We just say that were better which is fair. and i did see one forum post i liked where the guy said y would someone pay to advertise and come out swinging with "Were not any better than the knowledgable cleaner you had out last year were just different". and to b fair we dont get 100% perfect cleanings at every house. you cant. the best you can do is strive for perfection and having a process that eliminates some of those pesky side effects like dirt attracting residues certainly helps. and in all fairness i think the kind of cleaners who take the time to post on forums and actually know what they are talking about are probably the kind of guys that in the field do a very good job. the ones we should b mad at are the tool bags that start their business off of $1000 dont use their tools or chemicals You said a "dirty word" correctly, have the worst costumer service skills in the world and make a bad name for carpet cleaners everywhere.

Reactions: Billy

Mike@Zerorez

Please lee by all means tell me what "chemical i use"

And yes a 2 day carpet cleaning course on the air would be too expensive. you want to buy it? please over examine a simple statement.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Mike@Zerorez said:
Moving on to dangers... there are none. simple as that. The water we use does have a PH level of 12.23 to b exact. Now by the IICRC standards a carpet cleaner is not to break 10.5ph in his cleaning...WAIT A MINUTE how are we using 12+ then!?!? simple, (i dont have a direct quote) but in the "rules" it states that a carpet cleaner can not use a CHEMICAL solution thats ph breaks 10.5. there is your hitch, CHEMICAL. We dont use a chemical in our cleaning water it is electrolized water. no chemical=no chemical restriction. (that last part was straight out of Steve Poulos mouth btw). so in short there is no danger because were not using a chemical solution and the water neutrolizes within 15 minutes after the carpet cleaning.

Nice explanation and you have a nice attitude.

However, beside the fine legal wording wizardry, water is a chemical: H2O.

Water at 12.23 ph; is a chemical with a 12.23 ph.
High ph cancels or reduces the electrical charge which holds the stain resist particles attached to the dye sites. The fact that it neutralizes after 15 minutes is of no importance, as by that time most of the stain resistance particles, are deep in your recovery tank.

One can not but wonder, if the Zero Rez claim mostly refers to the level of stain resistance left in the carpet after the famed cleaning? :p

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mike@Zerorez said:
There is that better?

MUCH!!
Thanks Mike
and again, welcome.

and be sure to dawn your flame proof suit.
Cause the Da Boyz here ain't no dummies .
You might even learn something

..L.T.A.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Basic Chemistry...

Water is a chemical.
Sodium Hydroxide is a chemical.
Whether you add the sodium hydroxide to the water directly, or synthesize it by collection of one part of the reactants generated by water electrolysis of a saline.

The concentration is dilute enough that the pH, while initially high, has an extremely low buffering capacity. Mere contact with acidic soil will neutralize the NaOH to that of below 10 pH very quickly and likely very harmlessly to a fiber's dye protection.

The pH reduction reaction is a chemical reaction. In order to have a chemical reaction, you have to have chemicals.

The advertising I am familiar with indicates that there are no "harmful" or soil attracting chemicals used in the cleaning solution. Parsing the statement one could determine that no claim to a "chemical free" cleaning process is actually being made. But the average consumer is likely to interpret that more simply as, "no chemicals", which can be advantageous from a marketing perspective, if utilized very intelligently with other marketing elements. If one further indicates that the technician will drink "the water", then the ensuing mental picture all but secures the overall message that is intended. As well, the speaker of radio advertising is not an employee, but the radio station's host, who is usually using scripting that is very "folksy" and non-technical, to further add to the generation of trust for the service.

Reactions: Scott Rogers

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Erskine Allin said:
[quote="Mike@Zerorez":3nhul1kk]There is that better?

MUCH!!
Thanks Mike
and again, welcome.

and be sure to dawn your flame proof suit.
Cause the Da Boyz here ain't no dummies .
You might even learn something

..L.T.A.[/quote:3nhul1kk]
That's it Larry.
I've taken all your brownie points away.
You're back to square one, again.

Rookie :p :shock:

Name
I'm Rick James
Mike@Zerorez said:
What position do you hold with the company?

Im just a grunt.[/quote]

And you been in this industry for 1 year...?

I do hope the masses dont scare you off, there is a lot to be learned here.

Mike@Zerorez

Shawn Forsythe said:
The advertising I am familiar with indicates that there are no "harmful" or soil attracting chemicals used in the cleaning solution. Parsing the statement one could determine that no claim to a "chemical free" cleaning process is being made. But the average consumer is likely to interpret that more simply as, "no chemicals", which can be advantageous from a marketing perspective if utilized very intelligently with other marketing elements. If one indicates that the technician will drink "the water", then the mental picture all but secures the overall message that is intended. As well, the speaker of radio advertising is not an employee, but the radio station's host, who usually using scripting that is very "folksy" and non-technical, to further add to the generation of trust for the service.

YES!! thank you. haha ill admit i didnt word that correctly in my post. we do not use harmful negative side effect chemicals. but yes.. water is a chemical. my bad rookie mistake. but that does take me back to my comment regarding people hearing the advertisements incorrectly and forming incorrect assumptions. both on the consumer and the competition side of life. thank you shawn.

timnelson

Please don't shoot the messenger, but...

...it would be much more efficient (and dirt cheap) to create your empowered water by adding about 1/8 tsp of sodium hydroxide to a gallon of water.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Shawn Forsythe said:
Basic Chemistry...

Water is a chemical.
Sodium Hydroxide is a chemical.
Whether you add the sodium hydroxide to the water directly, or synthesize it by collection of one part of the reactants generated by water electrolysis of a saline.

The concentration is dilute enough that the pH, while initially high, has an extremely low buffering capacity. Mere contact with acidic soil will neutralize the NaOH to that of below 10 pH very quickly and likely very harmlessly to a fiber's dye protection.

The pH reduction reaction is a chemical reaction. In order to have a chemical reaction, you have to have chemicals.

The advertising I am familiar with indicates that there are no "harmful" or soil attracting chemicals used in the cleaning solution. Parsing the statement one could determine that no claim to a "chemical free" cleaning process is actually being made. But the average consumer is likely to interpret that more simply as, "no chemicals", which can be advantageous from a marketing perspective, if utilized very intelligently with other marketing elements. If one further indicates that the technician will drink "the water", then the ensuing mental picture all but secures the overall message that is intended. As well, the speaker of radio advertising is not an employee, but the radio station's host, who is usually using scripting that is very "folksy" and non-technical, to further add to the generation of trust for the service.

Lord help me - I'm either getting smarter (most likely) or Shawn's ran out of $50 words. I read that post and it made perfect sense. Or was he being......"folksy" and non-technical :?: :?:

Mikey P

Administrator
When Mrs Waldron calls next week for a whole house special be sure to dress nice, don't pick your nose, stay out of her panty drawer and be on the look out for a skinny greasy looking guy with a video phone.

And welcome to Mikey Board.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Welcome Mike. Its nice to hav e some franchise guys around to offset the largely independent group here. Our company uses somewhat of an "all natural" less is more approach as well in our cleaning, but we know there's a time and place for the hard stuff. Please stick around and don't be put off by the nay sayers, this is a business and were here to make money.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
There is no reason Zerorez cannot do as good of job as another quality cleaner. They use powerful vacuum, high temperature, hot water extraction method just like other good cleaners. Not really any difference I can see other than marketing slogan. We all have one of those. The consumer decides which slogan is best.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
Welcome mike! Good advice is forget the two week training bla bla bla brain washing before they put you on a truck when you come on the forum! These guys will make you better than your commercials imply!

Try asking some questions.

You should check out this video of Rob knocking your wand!

http://m.youtube.com/#/profile?user=Tru ... iew=videos

Get fired up! This will be fun!

Mike@Zerorez

We dont use that wand anymore... the DSM shop hasn't the entire time they have been open. Refinement.

P

Phoenix Phil

From Wikipedia:

Sodium Hydroxide (aka Lye)

Cleaning agent
Main article: Cleaning agent

Sodium hydroxide is frequently used as an industrial cleaning agent where it is often called "caustic". It is added to water, heated, and then used to clean the process equipment, storage tanks, etc. It can dissolve grease, oils, fats and protein based deposits. It is also used for cleaning waste discharge pipes under sinks and drains in domestic properties. Surfactants can be added to the sodium hydroxide solution in order to stabilize dissolved substances and thus prevent redeposition. A sodium hydroxide soak solution is used as a powerful degreaser on stainless steel and glass bakeware. It is also a common ingredient in oven cleaners.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom