Zerorez

C

cucu

welcome Mike

apart from zero....rez ,do you know anything more about the rug sucking world, give us a little history, unless your boring
then we,ll just give you fred,s number

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I just found out the Tampa franchise is GONE. He closed up and sold his truck to one of his techs who took the name off and is out on his own. I heard a few months ago that maybe this would happen. I should have tried to get his customer list - they did get a decent client from their marketing. They just didn't know how to keep them.

Mike@Zerorez

Ok real quick. I made my post to present some very simple truths. Wasn't looking to argue with anyone. If everyone wants to go about thinking that we simply pour sodium hydroxide in our water, or that doing so would yield the same results as our water that's perfectly fine with me. I'm not here to argue. There are alot of cool things iv already seen on this site its a good place for some deep knowledge in the industry. I will never bash another cleaner as long as he is doing a good respectable job. I have several friends who own their own businesses and i'm not at war with them.

Mike@Zerorez

Well cucu ill admit the number on years in industry isnt a lie. Only been at this full time for 1 year. i have friends in the industry and have had a part time roll with them for the occasional help but nothing that before zerorez i would say was full time. im only 22, not alot of room for me to be a pro anything yet haha. The owner of the DSM shop is very orginized and has not only personally trained us with heavy detail but has put out of his own pocket to have Steve Poulos come give us his IICRC class so for my short time i feel well equipped for the field.

I know there is alot in the industry that i dont know and i wont hold back from admitting that. But like i said i fell very capable and the work i do shows it.

Mikey P

Administrator
What did you do before you worked for Zerorez?

How did you find the job?

How much training did you receive before you were on your own?

What sort of classes/education did they proved?

Is your company IICRC certified?

How many crews/truck are run out of this franchise?

What type of trucks/truckmounts do you guys guys use?

Do you work alone or with a helper?

Are you the lead tech or hose puller?

Do you offer other methods other than Hot Water Extraction?

Any idea what the owner spends on advertising each month?

How are you paid, hourly, commission or both?

How are you compensated if you up-sell fabric protector, upholstery cleaning or other same day services?

What do you find easiest to "up-sell"?

What measures do you take to get the carpet as dry as possible?

Are you allowed to use reducers and oxyfiers to removed tough stains? What about using steam/heat to accelerate the processes?

5 or 6 days a week?

What is your favorite part of the job?

Least favorite?

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Would you ever consider keeping track off your bosse's client list for future use? (send me a PM for helpful tips on how not to get caught)

How do you charge for wall to wall carpet?

How often do they offer discounts?

What type/brand of wand do they supply you with?

Any idea what flow it puts out?

What do they provide for you to pre scrub the carpet with?

Do you clean wool rugs in the home?

Can you identify potential bleeders, shrinkers or other problematic rugs?

What about upholstery? How proficient are you at cleaning fine fabrics? Any training? Do you offer dry cleaning of uph?

Who is in charge of washing your work truck and doing the maintenance? Do you feel things are taken care of properly?

Is your boss or manager aware of your participation here?

enough for now...lol

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
well now, Mikey had summed it up. Come on Mr. 1 year grunt working for a gimmic franchise, please by all means answer some of these questions.

Mikey P

Administrator
oh lay off Scott.

we were all BB rookies at one point.

I'm just glad he jumped right in.

Remember when Chem Dry Peter first found the boards?

de ja vu all over again.

Reactions: TomKing

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
After that list Mike I would be surprised if he ever logs in again.

C

cucu

i knew fat head would have a big list of questions

i bet the new kid clicks in before he goes to work... then spends the day thinking of his answears and woundering if he should post again

tell your boss your gonna be sick at the end of the month.the 24th and 25th.(woman troubles) and you got to go to ca for the cure
mikey will pay for your room at mikeyfest

S

sam miller

Mikey P said:
What did you do before you worked for Zerorez?

How did you find the job?

How much training did you receive before you were on your own?

What sort of classes/education did they proved?

Is your company IICRC certified?

How many crews/truck are run out of this franchise?

What type of trucks/truckmounts do you guys guys use?

Do you work alone or with a helper?

Are you the lead tech or hose puller?

Do you offer other methods other than Hot Water Extraction?

Any idea what the owner spends on advertising each month?

How are you paid, hourly, commission or both?

How are you compensated if you up-sell fabric protector, upholstery cleaning or other same day services?

What do you find easiest to "up-sell"?

What measures do you take to get the carpet as dry as possible?

Are you allowed to use reducers and oxyfiers to removed tough stains? What about using steam/heat to accelerate the processes?

5 or 6 days a week?

What is your favorite part of the job?

Least favorite?

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Would you ever consider keeping track off your bosse's client list for future use? (send me a PM for helpful tips on how not to get caught)
What the Hell??? Oh Ya COIT Nevermind. You could have Those cheap Miller custy anyday! :shock: hey Marty, blow me

How do you charge for wall to wall carpet?

How often do they offer discounts?

What type/brand of wand do they supply you with?

Any idea what flow it puts out?

What do they provide for you to pre scrub the carpet with?

Do you clean wool rugs in the home?

Can you identify potential bleeders, shrinkers or other problematic rugs?

What about upholstery? How proficient are you at cleaning fine fabrics? Any training? Do you offer dry cleaning of uph?

Who is in charge of washing your work truck and doing the maintenance? Do you feel things are taken care of properly?

Is your boss or manager aware of your participation here?

enough for now...lol

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mike forgot to ask one question;

"are you willing to relocate to Weirdoville Ca for $18 bukz an hour ?"

BTW, you're doing good Kid

.L.T.A.

Mike@Zerorez

here we go

Before Zerorez i worked in the construction field mostly masonry but did some roofing aswell.

haha craigslist

1 month of everyday ridealongs with the owner and his second in command

UGH ILL JUST START A NEW POST I CANT SEE YOUR QUESTIONS,.... STUPID TAB BUTTON

Name
Lee Stockwell
Copy and Paste to a Word document.

Print it.

I'd love to hear EVERYBODYS' response to these questions as well.

Thanks,
Lee

Mike@Zerorez

I worked in the Construction field mostly masonry but a little roofing.

Haha Craigslist

1 month ridealongs every day with both owner and his second in command

We went to the zerorez in mineapolis for a "zerorez" training and then we had a IICRC training course with Steve Poulos.

I Believe the owner is we all just took the test about a month ago. I Know other branches are were the baby of Zerorez.

We have 6 trucks that are out everyday (1-6 in 14 months)

We use Chevy vans and are equipped with a Hydramaster clutch drive CDS 4.8 machines.

Most of the time alone. we have 1 helper and whoever has the biggest route gets the helper.

Lead tech

We recently have invested in 2 Saphire Hoss 700 jet extractors. mostly for commercial i havnt played with em much.

Honestly i dont know... Alot is the answer i have received haha.

Commission

Higher commission rate than base

Fabric Protection and Pet treatments (no one likes pee)

We use a Double stroke method through the cleaning then place 1 high power air mover in a room while we clean the next. last room gets atleast 10 min. if there was any heavy wetting say to remove a difficult spot we use a flash extractor in that area.

We are yes but not without costumer consent. no steam just hot water extracting.

might sound corny but i like seeing awesome results and that omg how did u do that response from the customers. work wise i like running the wand.. easy to think while im doin it.

not getting something out and having to explain y to the customer. sorry maam your 20 year old koolaid stain isnt comming out of your white carpet.

Probably still here. hopfully with a little more pull in the branch but id b ok with still being a grunt. i like this job.

No lol

We usually run a discount special for the first 3 rooms. then additional rooms and services are at regular price. (not sure if boss wants direct prices on forums) but we consider a room to b 15x15 or smaller.(225sq ft.) if over that depending on how much there can be an upcharge.

We offer a discount everyday for the first 3 rooms but during winter we have one day sales for even less to keep the ball rollin.

U.S. Products Evolution's.Its a little custom. We have Stainless steel tubing and 6 jets versus the standard 2 that those come with.

I dont know.

Pre scrub? Pre spray we use Chemfree dry powder mixed with our B-water. For an enhancer for heavy soilage we use Citrus Solv.

We Prefer to bring any rug back to the shop so we can spend more time and ensure proper drying methods but customer doesn't always go for it. in which case we do clean at the home and give them as much help as we can with proper drying. (dont leave our fans with them)

Yes i usually base it off fabric and dyeing method. If i can tell its solution dyed i go right for it. if its stamp dyed with those pretty colorless fiber toward the backing i do a color safe test first. Wool im very cautious with but basically as a color safe test we get a white rag with some of our B-water and rub each of the colors, if multiple, to make sure we don't get any color on to the rag.

From what i have seen we do Upholstery very well and have success with most items.(we use Saphire Scientific tools, not sure what model). No we don't have a dry clean method.

Each tech is Responsible for his truck cleaning. Maintenance is on the owner and his second in command. Yes i do. The owner is on top of that kinda thing.(hell service the vans 100 hours b4 the recommended.)

Yup.

Jimbo

Mike@Zerorez said:
[quote="Mikey P":2ixdlvjp]Mike would you mind if I ask you a few questions?

if this is mikey as in the sites mikey then im a little nervous but sure go ahead[/quote:2ixdlvjp]

Actually, some here think that You are Mikey, Mike

Chris A

Name
Chris
Mikey P said:
Pick me out of the pic above for a free all expenses paid trip to beautiful Sacramento California next week.

That'd be a great idea if it wasn't the San Diego branch...

Mike@Zerorez

Well yeah. There are soil particals better removed dry then wet so if the customer hasnt already done so that day we do give it a vacuuming b4 we get started.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I read nothing more than what a SS hack would say.

Sorry

That warrants a FREE trip to MF?

Brother are you really that lacking in friends?

:lol:

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Mikey P said:
Pick me out of the pic above for a free all expenses paid trip to beautiful Sacramento California next week.

Let me help you out here...
2mwglma.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom