"Zipper"y do dah....our first Zipper wand post :)

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Had it for less than a week.

Been using it as much as we can in every crazy situation.

Been mainly on residential (even though was built more for commercial)

First have to say....You need to retrain your Brain when using this!

We are so inclined to try and use it like a wand....can't really do that.

We like:

That it flushes like crazy. Have the larger unit with six .02 jets. Slot glide in front and hole in back.....

Took the weight off the top (which should have done the first time if would have watched Erik's Video better)

Settings, keep in mind on thick residential....You need to walk it! And realize it will clean frontwards and backwards (train the brain)

If you are going to do more residential, would recommend the smaller unit as the larger unit HAS A LOT OF SUCK! But I don't mind!

Did my own carpets on Sunday. Thick Nylon. Did paper towel and toilet paper test for moisture. Both papers looked about the same, but the Zipper area still felt a bit drier (even my wife confirmed) compared to my same flow 6 jet Prochem Titanium.

I have a large restaurant job tomorrow night, but so far, we like the unit. Tomorrow will be a better test for us. We had a really heavy soiled lower profile sculpted nylon today, and the thing just flat out cleaned and flushed the junk out!

It is different than a rotary, so it won't replace a rotary in my opinion in some cases, but you can crank up the pressure I am told and flush even more. We have been running at 500 psi which is pretty typical for us and our High Heat Butlers.

So, this is my report at this time about the LARGER Zipper wand. I have the straight handle, and might even order the "Z" bend ergo handle to try out as well. (Guy can't have enough toys!)

Also, I bought this Zipper, so I have no cat in the fight. Just wanted to give my .02 cents so those of you wondering (like I was) can have some info. Also, feel free to contact me with question. Will try to answer as honest as I can.

Here is video (we got better running it about an hour later on the second job by taking longer strokes and doing more "Mowing" of the carpet :) )

2014-10-02183726_zpsd696faeb.jpg

Video of first job....and pics of second grimy job.

2014-10-06105029_zps6aaf3969.jpg

2014-10-06105701_zpscd2e3dc3.jpg

2014-10-06111440_zpsa6cb3b4a.jpg

2014-10-06112329_zps0729e9f4.jpg

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
"Bring on the Blue!"

Last edited:

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
I find in most situations I'm running a holed glide front and rear. If you don't have an extra holed glide you should consider getting one.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I find in most situations I'm running a holed glide front and rear. If you don't have an extra holed glide you should consider getting one.

Got one with it. This is only about the 2nd time I have had the chance to use it, so still experimenting.

In my video, I was moving forward too fast on the front ward stroke (train the brain :) )

On the second carpet with the lower level loop, I just told myself to walk it both ways a bit more, and it was very comfortable.

The large head in the higher thicker pile is a bit more of a workout, but really like it.

Lighter than a rotary and it keeps the heat down to the carpet well.

Just need more time with it which I will get tomorrow night on that dirty restaurant job.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
Commercial is what I mainly use mine for. I also have the 15 inch and it can give you quite the workout on a plush cut pile.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
yes hole in front and hole in back really is the smoothest way to do it. :)

doesn't chop or bounce, we like it better but again we vacuum almost everything before we hwe.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Some people have contacted me and not seen the Zipper wand or the underside.

So I grabbed a few pics this morning....

Got a nasty restaurant tonight, so going to keep the slot glide in the front (this is the way it came set up) but I do have another hole glide for the back to try. We do prevac also, but I am not sure it is going to help the restaurant tonight :biggrin:

2014-10-07035448_zpsfaf7b59b.jpg

2014-10-07035436_zps0546f52c.jpg

2014-10-07035411_zpsebca84ac.jpg

2014-10-07035329_zps3621bbdd.jpg

Reactions: Papa John
Name
Steve Lawrence
Wouldn't the smaller unit provide more suck?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Recently, we ran the big Zipper on almost 50000 sqft of hallways.
I will be buying the smaller one for sure. It is a good tool if you're going to wand large jobs. It's not necessarily faster but definitely easier on the body.

Very good tool to have if you are doing commercial jobs regularly.

Credit to Luis Gomez for letting me use his Zipper. (not that... you pervs..)

Name
Marcus
It is about the same time on commercial as with a wand depending how dirty it is.
But less labor....faster dry time
And it will clean better so you almost have to do double cleaning with a wand to get the same results.
It will be faster on greasy resturants as you can do one pass cleaning...gotta have heat no triggering!

Name
Brad Gouveia
Mark have you ever used a drag wand... if so how would you compare it to the zipper.

In my mind they seem like the same idea, only the drag wand seems like you could cover more area faster.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Mark have you ever used a drag wand... if so how would you compare it to the zipper.

In my mind they seem like the same idea, only the drag wand seems like you could cover more area faster.

Grew up on lead weighted drag wands :)

On low Loop type carpets, it is way easier in my opinion and you can clean forward and backwards.

On residential.... It drags about the same, but better due to Glides... Especially since we have more powerful cleaning units.

I would say definitely better than a drag wand... And lighter :)

Reactions: tmdry

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
For some reason only now I've noticed how huge that 15 inch head is, pretty cool.

Looking fwd to the trashed restaurant video.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Just wondering if any Zipper owners are in the NE Ohio/Western PA area? I'd like to take a Zipper for a spin, using my Thermalwave Vortec. Haven't made any Fests or coventions lately to try one out. I just have nightmare memories of the old Steamway powered drag wand. When I first got to try out a light weight scrub wand, it was like a ...a....miracle!
Hpoefully, someone in the Cleveland/Akron/Pittsburgh area has a Zipper I can demo.

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
A newbie in my city just bought a new Hydramaster Titan and a Zipper, he is diving in deep maybe I can buy the zipper from him in a year. He is a beginner buying a $30 K truckmount with no customers, that takes guts!

Reactions: rwcarpet

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
We just cleaned the chapel at church and the room is huge. I took the dirty half and Cody took the clean side. I cleaned almost twice as much. Granted he has almost zero experience on the wand but still the zipper is way faster. Cleans both ways. Lock the trigger andd clean away at 800 psi. Also I wasn't sweating like he was.

Gene

Reactions: tmdry

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Videos will be on the way later tonight (2 hours of sleep and running to BNI)

But this thing is a cleaning machine.

Had some areas the wand just would struggle.

Hook up the Zipper and "Pow"! Done!

We are going to order another one as we have some big "Dirty" Commercial jobs yet this coming week.

Just works for what we need and would say almost twice the speed of a high flow wand once you get it in the groove!

Videos later, but a couple pics for now.

2014-10-07230615_zps82f3c2a8.jpg

2014-10-07225832_zps77a51dc4.jpg

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
"Bring on the Blue!"

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
THIS is exactly how the Kid ends up with a Zipper on the truck!

Hold off until Spring Russ, hold off. It's gonna get cold (and SLOW) this Winter.

Thanks for the reviews Mark.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom